Milan dont have players who can make a difference - Niko Kranjcar

Discussion in 'Europa League Discussions' started by Audere est Facere, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    "I was surprised how scared Milan were," he told Jutarnji List.

"Tottenham were much, much better and we should have scored more goals, especially in the first half."
    Kranjcar has also suggested that Milan will struggle to turn the tie around in north London.
    He feels the Rossoneri lack a talismanic match-winner - despite being able to boast the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic,[​IMG] Robinho and Alexandre Pato[​IMG] within their ranks.

"If you ask me, the biggest problem for Milan is that they don't have a player who can make a difference," added Kranjcar.
    "That is their biggest problem and will make life difficult for them in the second leg."

lol its funny when u hear they dont have players who can make the difference and we are searching the whole season for a striker who can make a difference and they have pato, ibrahimovic , robinho.....
  2. seanydee New Member

seanydee
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    None of whom managed one shot worth a toss. The best efforts from Milan came from a centre back, whilst our much maligned sole striker had a number of efforts on goal, one of which their keeper had to pick out of his net.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. EliteKiller Well-Known Member

EliteKiller
    Ratings:
    +897 / 1 / -0
    The only player they have who "can make a difference" is Gattuso and he's suspended for the second leg .................
  4. Musashi Well-Known Member

Musashi
    Ratings:
    +997 / 0 / -0
    A large number of Milan players are total shit but saying Ibra, Robinho, and Pato not being able to make a difference is just being delusional. We would probably love to have any one of them on our team. (Well, maybe not Robinho.) We are lucky we didn't have to face the likes of Pirlo (one of the best playmakers around) and Cassano. God knows if their Dutch destroyer MVB was eligible, maybe we'll have another player or two on crutches by now.
  5. steelktm New Member

steelktm
    Ratings:
    +673 / 0 / -0
    yeah but maybe Krancjar is stating that because Milan only have 7 goals in 7 games in the CL this season. to me that isn't really being a "match winner" and turning things around.
  6. boristurk New Member

boristurk
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    he is right, and more, agree with me, i also said Tott should have won by a bigger margain. Yes, on a paper it is one of the biggest victories in tott history, but in reality you should have won by more. Dont satisfy yourself with that result, because overrespecting an opponent is just as bad as complacency. Its a sign of a small club, and you have better players than most and have to CHANGE THAT MENTALITY FAST.
    With those players you can compete with anyone, but if your attitude doesnt change, youll get easiliy kick out by some big club in next round.
    Niko knows what hes talking about, you need that kind of attitude.
  7. ioang New Member

ioang
    Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Don't tell me Ibrahimovic can't produce a piece of magic. He had better shove his complacency somewhere else because if they score first our lead counts for nothing.
  8. Eighteen82 New Member

Eighteen82
    Ratings:
    +962 / 0 / -0
    Robinho is cack away from home and Ibra can't cut it in the CL. Saying that, Ibra can still pull a rabbit out of the hat, just look at his goal at the end, foul and offside aside.

Nothing they did at the San Siro really worried me much for the match at WHL. However, we'd do well not to underestimate the team they have.
    If we play our game I am confident, especially with the fortress record we have at home in Europe. We've only lost twice at home in Europe in our history, if we don't lose to Milan, we're through.
  9. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,376 / 38 / -1
    Good way to do their team talk for them I guess.

He is wrong any of their front line can turn a game in a flash.
  10. boristurk New Member

boristurk
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    having said all that, i wouldnt have Ibrahimovic in the team if someone offeers him for free. So selfish, football is a team game, and he doesnt know the meaning of that word. Inter became a European Champions after Mourinhgo got rid of him. Coincidence? He went to Barcelona and after a year they got rid of him. Coincidence?
    Yes, Milan have some good players, but they play shitty because of no chemistry at all between them. Because of that, they have NO match winner.
  11. derventa New Member

derventa
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    cassano pato robinho and ibra are all miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles better than our strikers

i believe what kranjcar meant is that milan lacks creativity (pirlo is too old i am afraid)
    they have noone who is able to create, make a difference, i mean what do u expect from a midfield with gattuso flamini silva etc
  12. Short But Speedy New Member

Short But Speedy
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Pirlo is currently injured and didn't play agaisnt us in the san Siro. If he plays at the lane we'll see a different milan side. They'll play alot better, but it won't mean much. We'll still win.
  13. paranoid13 New Member

paranoid13
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    too selfish players '(imbra-robinio-pato) if pirlo-zeedorf-gattuzo-nesta was 5 or 6 years younger they could make a difference in CL....
  14. EJWTartanSpur New Member

EJWTartanSpur
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Pirlo is cack.

I used to love him, but he's barely done anything since the WC in 2006, 4 years worth of distinctly average form at best.

Bring him on I say.
  15. seanydee New Member

seanydee
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Any top level striker can turn a game in a moment. That's why they are playing at that level. But there's an old saying in football 'You're only as good as your last game'. Enough said.
  16. Musashi Well-Known Member

Musashi
    Ratings:
    +997 / 0 / -0
    I shall check out Milan's game against Chievo Verona and see how well they fare. I just hope they don't bore me to sleep.
  17. MagnaThor i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

MagnaThor
    Ratings:
    +933 / 54 / -0
    You guys are wrong in praising their front line so much. Ibra whom I think is an incredible striker sucks in the CL and that proves how (un)great he is as he has really only proven himself in the shite leagues such as Serie A and Eredvisie. He is 0-12 against English opponents.

Pato... I can't even fathom seeing him play anywhere better than below-average against an English side, especially one as strong as ours, Chelsea, Man U. The English defense kills players like him and he stands absolutely no chance.

Robinho... ahaha.... ahahahaha.....

I am not worried at all and feel like Krancjy does on this one, but then again only one goal will even the sides up and who knows what could happen from then on, even if we do have the much better side and considering we are at home against an Italian side whom always do terrible away in England due to the completely different energetic type of game style as opposed to their "I'm 42 and I play in the AC Milan first team!" mentality.

From what I have seen these last few years, the only times Italian clubs win against English ones is out of pure luck, and thus I am not completely ruling this one out as such clubs do tend to get lucky at times, more so than others.

And as far as Pirlo, yeah he's an incredible playmaker, but do you really think he can put out against us at WHL? Common guys. This old man already looks like he's deformed....kinda creepy. But seriously, I know he's still only 31, he cannot and will not be able to play against our pace.. not even close.
  18. Musashi Well-Known Member

Musashi
    Ratings:
    +997 / 0 / -0
    I just watched Milan's 2-1 win against Chievo. Their first goal was a diagonal long ball headed down by Ibra, with Robinho controlling it with his arm before tucking it away. Most of their dangerous plays came from Cassano (not our concern) and Pato (scored a fantastic solo effort after he came on). Our midfield is leagues better than theirs. I'm confident we can beat them any day.

As for our team, if Modric is fit, he HAS to play. We shouldn't be playing Sandro and Palacios at home. We are more than capable to take the game to them. A midfield of Bale-Modric-Sandro/Palacios/Jenas-Lennon will be capable of tearing them apart at will.
  19. Eighteen82 New Member

Eighteen82
    Ratings:
    +962 / 0 / -0
    Apart from his 2 against Arsenal? Wait sorry you said English opponents...
    Should have had a few against United couple of seasons back and hit the post as well iirc. You can only score against the team put in-front of you, regardless of their level. Plus, Serie A is considered by many as the best defensive league, and one of the hardest to score in. Given his goal record during his time playing in Italy, it would suggest he is good enough.

Make no mistake about it, he has the quality to produce a moment of magic out of nothing. He's done it enough domestically, and just because he hasn't done it it against English teams in the CL doesn't mean to say he can't.

As I said before we'd do well not to underestimate the quality of the players they have. They underestimated us before the first leg, and look what happened...
  20. The Cryptkeeper Well-Known Member

The Cryptkeeper
    Ratings:
    +2,020 / 0 / -0
    So many people on here are talking up Pirlo as if he is some sort of god.

Respectfully I offer up the fact that Milan didn't have to confront Gareth Bale at the San Siro and only had to deal with Modric for 15 minutes (a task that proved too difficult for them).

I know which team will be stronger next time round.
  21. VVLVD New Member

VVLVD
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This year milan depends a lot from ibra's perfromance, especially when we can't play with pirlo ( agree whom said he is not the pirlo everyone knows.. pirlo was the BEST playmaker, now he is older and he 's not the same, but it's not your problem, luckly he won't be fit xD) - lot of person say that Ibra doesn't play in a good way when there are Champions' game, and he is true, surely true, Ibra during league's matches is GREAT ( except for last 2/3 matches, he is really tired )
    This year Kevin Prince Boateng was so useful and luckly, for us, he will play at WHL, cause of his dinamism and his insertions..
    I , as milan supporter, really hope Thiago Silva will play as defender, playing as a midfielder he looses 80% of his potentiality, as a defender i can quietly say he is one of TOP 5.
    About what Niko said, i can't agree with him, players like Pato , Ibra, Robinho ( i don't understand why an user in the top commented like " ahhahaha " , he is a great player, this year he solved a lot of matches) also playing in a bad way can in a moment turn the match.
    An other problem, imho, is that our Coach, Mr. Allegri is not a great Coach and hasn't the good experience for this kind of matches.

Looking for the match at WHL, potentially you could score 5/6 goals cause of counter attack facing antonini/abate( last one improved a lot this year, luckly) but bale and lennon make me scared, clearly. But we ll'have to score at first minutes, it's the only way to try to pass.
  22. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,376 / 38 / -1
    Yeah well done Niko.................Blackpool fookin did though didnt they!
  23. donnie New Member

donnie
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    as a milan and spurs supporter i have to say that i disagree with Niko on this one. Milan are super dangerous with the likes of Ibra, Pato and Robinho. On their day they can all make a difference, especially if Robinho and Ibra replicate their Serie A form. Pato has slowly been hitting his stride lately and IMO is Milan's most dangerous player due to him being so clinical in the box. However, i do believe Tottenham will run all over Milan at WHL. If Bale is back then it may even be a demolition. Tottenham's midfield is just way too strong for Milan's and it may prove vital in this contest, as we all know Milan's wing backs are average and if Lennon and Bale come to play. GAME OVER. But having said that IF one of Robinho, Ibra or Pato play to full potential i believe Milan may pinch this from Spurs. My prediction

Tottenham 2 - 1 Milan