Moussa Sissoko

Discussion in 'Player Chat' started by basskadet, Apr 2, 2009.

1. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,981 / 69 / -0
    Spurs Scouts watch Sissoko

no, not that Sissoko!

19 year old Moussa Sissoko currently plays for Toulouse & according to reports, scouts from both Arsenal & Spurs were there to watch him excel for the French U21's the other night. Despite being just 19, Moussa has been a regular in Toulouse's 1st XI this season & plays with an assuredness that belies his age

I've watched Toulouse a few times this season, especially after we were linked with Gignac, & Sissoko has definitely impressed. He is an all action midfielder who pops up on the left as well as the right, gets stuck in & can supply goals as well as score himself.

Check him (Number 22 for Toulouse) out here as he tore apart fellow Ligue 1 title contenders PSG earlier this season. Toulouse won 4-1 & Sissoko set up the 2nd & scored the screamer 3rd goal & was fairly heavily involved thru out.

YouTube - Buts TFC 4-1 PSG

Also, you have to pay special attention to perhaps the coolest goal celebration ever by Daniel Braaten as he scores Toulouse's 4th! (Spin on your Back, Spin on your knees, Spin on Your head and then Freeze!)
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  2. DanSpurs80 New Member

DanSpurs80
    Ratings:
    +285 / 0 / -0
    I think i love Gignac as much as you love Cavenaghi Bass. We need a striker like him.

Sissoko does look impressive but you can bet your bottom dollar he will want to sign for the Anglo-French Gooners should they make a bid.
  3. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +11,818 / 53 / -1
    Great work Bass, he and the other chap look more than reasonable from ya vid.
  4. bigmartin New Member

bigmartin
    Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    like the look of them both bass. you should really scout for the club. (that is if they are not reading the words im typing right now....)
  5. Eighteen82 New Member

Eighteen82
    Ratings:
    +962 / 0 / -0
    He's french, no brainer where he will end up ;)
  6. hendey Active Member

hendey
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    great heads up!, he does look good, but like others have said, wenger will more than likely get his way with another french kid.
  7. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,981 / 69 / -0
    I think there is a strong possibility that this lad will end up at the Lane.

A few hours ago I mentioned that I had heard quite a few whispers that we were extremely interested in him & I summised that, what with his similarities to a certain young Vieira, we might be looking to team him up with the experienced ex-Arsenal man at the Lane. I couldn't help thinking that, if signing Vieira was in part to help this young kid become the new Vieira . . . you get where I'm coming from?

Then, miraculously, just hours after I posted that theory the Mail run a story on this very topic. Along with Arsenal, we had scouts present to watch Toulouse's latest pre-season fixture. The Goons were there for Gignac as a possible replacement for Adebeyor, whilst we were watching Sissoko.

Gunners look for Adebeyor replacement

I think this lad will be great & I think having Vieira working alongside him for a couple of years could turn him into a world-beater . . . our world-beater!

A couple other interesting points. They say ONLY Fulham have matched Sunderland's £12m offer for Crouch & there is, again, no mention of Huntelaar being a genuine target for the Goons
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  8. YorkYid Member

YorkYid
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    If we were to, by some miracle, get this Sissoko, where would you guys play him? Next to Palacios or instead of Palacios?
    He certainly looks an all out action type of player, but that was one match obviously.
  9. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 16 / -0
    I'm pretty sure if we got him, he'd play next to, or as back-up for, Palacios. Palacios was a beast last season in our push up the league. I think he's a given.
    I actually like the idea of Viera coming in for a season or so and helping develop Sissoko, could see that happening.
  10. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,981 / 69 / -0
    That makes sense to me. Manufacture our own version of Vieira, Lol. Vieira would be without question the perfect role model for 19 year old Moussa & I can really see Patrick wanting to help him also as he is a future captain of France. If this is true, & it certainly makes sense, then I can really start to see what Harry's thinking.
  11. Holiday Ham Flambago New Member

Holiday Ham Flambago
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Like Bass I have also seen some of this player and I would have to say I would be very happy if we scured his services. Perfect folly for Palacios in that he is younger and may not demand a constant starting role. However, I would not mind a midfield of:

Lennon - Palacios - Sissoko - Modric

I am really convinced at the moment that Modric contributes more on the left for us. From what Ive seen so far it does seem like he may be toor lightweight in a 4 man midfield.

BTW Bass do you also rate the other young dm at Toulouse Etienne Capoue?
  12. Holiday Ham Flambago New Member

Holiday Ham Flambago
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
  13. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 16 / -0
    I think if Modric played more central, it would have to be behind the strikers in a more forward position, thus putting loads of pressure on Palacios. Unless we played a 5 man midfield in away games say, I think its Modric on the left. Not a bad thing though, as he's class on the left and I think he's creativity would be limited if he was in a central midfield role. On the left he can go down the line, or cut inside and create havoc.
    Plus, when I've seen him playing for Croatia, he's been more effective on the left.

Back on topic though, manufacturing our own version of Viera is a fantastic idea. Given the fact that Sissoko seems to be pretty developed for a 19 year old, he would also be exellent cover, or maybe even play as a starting 11.
  14. 1990Hotspur New Member

1990Hotspur
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    on the modric topic, we forget that him deployed on the left wasn't just a lucky move. harry talked with slaven bilic about what was his best position, and he told him, that even he uses him on the left sometimes..... plus it gives us something different when he pops up everywhere.....

never seen sissoko so cant comment....
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Holiday Ham Flambago New Member

Holiday Ham Flambago
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Yep glad others agree about Modric on the left. I feel for him to play in the center we would have to have a 5 man midfield, for which we have no real CF that can play the lone striker role well.

No offense to this forum at all I love the place but this is one of the only places I here discussion on quite a few different, otherwise unknown of, links. I honestly don't really consider anything true unless sky sports have details on it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  16. bigmartin New Member

bigmartin
    Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    well we know for a fact that we've been scouting him; so i guess it's okay to discuss the possibility of signing him and how he would fit into our system. whether we sign him or not is simply the choice of our manager should he have complete support from the board.

(on modric: i like him on the left because along with keane when he pulls his finger out they act as our holding forward players, and give us a differant style of wingplay to lennon's pace. more options of play mean as a side we're not one dimensional, and more chances mean more goals! though i feel a bit bad for modric as i know he'd score far more in the middle!)
  17. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,981 / 69 / -0
    The Daily Mail now gives a 3/5 chance of signing Sissoko. They also claim that Crouch is going to Fulham, not us, after he had talks with them over the weekend. They gave Crouch to Fulham as 4/5, which means they are really confident.

Spurs eye Sissoko and Crouch to Fulham

Notice the 2 important sentences in that report:

a) the player's agent was due to hold talks with the north London club over the weekend.

and

b)He is rated at around £6m but could prove a bargain if he fulfills potential - especially if Patrick Vieira signs to help nurture him along.

What were we saying?

I thought Capoué also played well last season, altho if I had to pick 1 of the 2, I would want Sissoko as I just think he has a bigger future ahead of him if his potential is reached. Wouldn't mind either tho tbh, & we have been linked with both! I think Sissoko will get more goals than Capoué as he is more of a 'box-to-box" type player. Neither are prolific but Capoué never scores, Lol!
  18. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,981 / 69 / -0
    The Express said today that both Capoué & Sissoko would jump at the chance to join Spurs, which makes a change!

Daily Express: "Redknapp is also looking at three other midfielders, Leeds youngster Fabian Delph and Toulouse pair Etienne Capoue and Moussa Sissoko. Capoue and Sissoko have made it clear they would jump at the chance to move to Tottenham.
    Sissoko said: “I love the Premier League, my game would be suited to the English style.”
  19. Holiday Ham Flambago New Member

Holiday Ham Flambago
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    As per usual I'm not giving this much hope until I read it on Sky sports.

I bloody hope so though. Your right bass, Capoue doesnt score but he would be a fantastic signing for us still in my opinion
  20. johnhealey681 New Member

johnhealey681
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone actually seen Capoue or Sissoko play before?
  21. Holiday Ham Flambago New Member

Holiday Ham Flambago
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    yep... they are both very talented for their ages.

This would be the ONLY reason I wouldn't be devestated to see Capt. Scum at our club. At least that way we could laugh at the scum for the way one of their legends came to us and helped us breed the players that (hopefully) edge us further than them.

Bass, come to think of it, since there is supposedly all these links with us and the French league I'm suprised Henri Saivet has not been mentioned. That kid has huge potential. Did yhou not say you have a fondness for Bordeuxaij?
  22. tdw76 jaws music hee hee

tdw76
    Ratings:
    +1,312 / 2 / -0
    finally my addiction to football manager is paying off! amazing striker after a few years, please tell me he looks as good in real life as in FM haha
  23. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,981 / 69 / -0
    Yeah, I do have a soft spot for Bordeaux after I used to holiday there as a kid. Tbh, tho, I haven't seen much of Saivet yet other than a really brief substitute's appearance here & there. He is quick but I can't see us taking a punt on someone who is yet to play 1st team football on a weekly basis. He's still young tho & with Chamakh (altho a completely different style of player) looking set to leave he might just get a chance. However, Sissoko & Capoué are basically the same age & they played plenty for Toulouse this year
  24. johnhealey681 New Member

johnhealey681
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  25. CorLuka Modric New Member

CorLuka Modric
    Ratings:
    +351 / 0 / -0
    Dont think we need both... we have Wilson! I think Sissoko as well as Veira to groom him through and help his development.
  26. johnhealey681 New Member

johnhealey681
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Are we looking more than likely to get Viera then? I have seen some geezer on here saying he has spoke to HR and he has apparently told him who's coming and going, but apart from that do we know anything else?

Fed up of this transfer window to be fair lol
  27. CorLuka Modric New Member

CorLuka Modric
    Ratings:
    +351 / 0 / -0
  28. johnhealey681 New Member

johnhealey681
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Blimey does sound iminent then. Around the training ground and pitch he will be a massive inspiration to the other players because one thing he has is great leadership qualities. But, let's be honest, can you see 30,000 + Spurs fans singing "There's only one Viera" ??????

MENTAL!
  29. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 16 / -0
    I think players like Sissoko are the way we need to go. Young high-potential players, who are also capable of playing regular first team football, and developing while they do.
    I really like this guy, if we did end up getting Viera as well, I think it would be quite a good window.
  30. johnhealey681 New Member

johnhealey681
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree 100% mate. Would'nt mind a bit of Arjen Robben either but the way we are going about our targets it dont look likely!