New Formation ??

Discussion in 'Team Formation' started by pespe1990, Aug 19, 2009.

1. pespe1990 New Member

pespe1990
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    why don`t we try another team formation ?? we could try once in a while a 4-1-2-1-2
    we could make happy all strikers ... :504: we would see who deserves to play !
  2. 1990Hotspur New Member

1990Hotspur
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    im guessing you would mean feilding a team like this.......

........................gomes..........................
    hutton.......king.........woodgate........bale
    .....................huddlestone......................
    .........palacios.................modric.............
    ........................keane............................
    .........defoe....................crouch..............

(obviously personnel is my choice, so you could change if you want)

this is basically the formation ancellotti has brought to chelsea. for us i don't think it'll work. one main problem i have with it is it lacks width and with us possessing possibly one of the best wide men in the epl at the moment in lennon, probably is a hinderance, and will never happen. it therefore puts alot of pressure on the full backs to get up and down to supply the crosses. chelsea can accomadate this as they have 2 good attacking full backs, and we do to an extent in hutton and more notably bale, but it means being less defensively tight with the likes of corluka most probably left out.

i understand why it seems we need to try and keep all the strikers happy, but at the moment i feel it is going brilliantly (especially modric's postion) and wouldn't change it..........like harry said, its up to them to make him happy, and if they do, they will play.
  3. Naming Rights Guest

Naming Rights
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    mate, some of us on here are old gits, what's with the font size? :help:
  4. jason.and.the.yids. New Member

jason.and.the.yids.
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Ha Ha i thought it was just me,
  5. SAspursfan New Member

SAspursfan
    Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    In total agreement mate. Bigger the better ha!
  6. Croatia_Gracac New Member

Croatia_Gracac
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    The more I think it this sounds more reasonable. If we don't buy a solid replacement we should change our formatio to 4 2 3 1.

2-Hudd Palacios
    3-Bentley(Gio),Keano,Lennon
    1-Crouch

We should make the best thing till Modric is back and fore me this is the way. For me this is it with Defoe. we can't paly with Keano and Defoe now that we don't have any realy creative player in the midfield. Bentley sould go in because of his croses adn Lennon would change side because his shots have improven and he is selfish so no need to hav him on the right side for the croses because he rarley uses them. Keano should stricktly play as a playmaker. He can adapt to it I have nticed he constantly drops in the midfield so we should make that permanent. And he would pick up the Crouch cross leftowers. We need to change formation because this kind of game will make us much more vunerable in the defence.

This is my opinion i don't know maby I am to paranoid but the lost of Modirc is just unreplacible and we need to make some adjustments. This is just my opinion so I would like to hear yours.
  7. yid_ledge New Member

yid_ledge
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I think some of you need to calm down and get hold of yourselves!!:banghead: Modric is a loss, but he's certainly not irreplacable!! we'll just have to play with bentley, gio or maybe lennon on the left and have naughton on the right. I don't see the point in changing the formation and it taking 6 weeks for the team to get used to it, only to switch it back when Luka returns!!!

Also look on the bright side, he's out for 6 weeks, but two of those are international weeks... so it'll only be a month really!! I'm sure we can cope without him for that long!!;)
  8. CorLuka Modric New Member

CorLuka Modric
    Ratings:
    +351 / 0 / -0
    He certainly is irreplacable in terms of getting anyone anywhere near as good as him in mate!
  9. Ledley4PrimeMinister New Member

Ledley4PrimeMinister
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    He won't be out for too long, and I bet he heals fast. Could see him back by october 3rd game I think. Harry ain't much of a tinkerman but who knows what he'll do. He's changed formations before despite what I just said.
  10. YorkYid Member

YorkYid
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    What about the idea of having Bale on the left wing if he is fully fit in the next 2 weeks? Against Manure we will have to keep it a lot more tight, and Bale can defend better than any out and out midfielder/forward on the left but can also bomb forward and put in a wicked cross.
    I don't want us to change too much as I can see the players being confused against Manure and letting them score a silly goal they most likely don't deserve!
  11. Wizz Spur New Member

Wizz Spur
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE=YorkYid;116185]What about the idea of having Bale on the left wing if he is fully fit in the next 2 weeks? Against Manure we will have to keep it a lot more tight, and Bale can defend better than any out and out midfielder/forward on the left but can also bomb forward and put in a wicked cross.
    I don't want us to change too much as I can see the players being confused against Manure and letting them score a silly goal they most likely don't deserve![/QUOTE]

I really don't want Bale in our team!!!!:1901:
  12. Croatia_Gracac New Member

Croatia_Gracac
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    After Kranjcar is here I would just pt him in Modrics place and change nothing.
  13. Lilywhite74 Moderator

Lilywhite74
    Ratings:
    +4,228 / 8 / -0
    ^^^I think that's probably what Harry has in mind too. No need to shake things up too much
  14. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,471 / 38 / -1
    Kranj and Moders in the same sid IF it works would be awesome.

The havoc they could cause swapping positions at a moments notice is invaluable.

Good bit of fluidity to the side.
  15. Ledley4PrimeMinister New Member

Ledley4PrimeMinister
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. Imagine we have a home match against a lesser opposition, so we can afford to play a 4-1-3-2 with willy as the DM.

Modric Kranjcar Lennon all roaming around and swapping positions! They could all do it too. It's amazing we have three great players who can use both feet.
  16. CmonyouSpurs Well-Known Member

CmonyouSpurs
    Ratings:
    +1,619 / 0 / -0
    I honestly don't want to change the formation and tactics of a winning team, ESPECIALLY not at home vs lesser opposition because that is normally where we screw up!
  17. erenbircan New Member

erenbircan
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the formation and tactics are absolutely successful.. changing the formation is not necessary
  18. Lamy New Member

Lamy
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    we will need a new tactic soon.Our team play offensivly and concide a lot of chances to the oponent.
    If we dont find a better difensive balance it will be tought when our strikers form drops.
    Today 2-2 match show it... we cant expect defoe to mantein his god like form for ever 8)
    Lamy,
  19. Guinness New Member

Guinness
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to see this:

Gomes

Bale - BAE - Corluka - Hutton

Kranjcar - Palacios - Bentley - Lennon

Keane - Crouch

It will most likely be this:

Cudicini

Hudds - BAE - Corluka - Bassong

Kranjcar - Palacios - Jenas - Lennon

Keane - Crouch
  20. steelktm New Member

steelktm
    Ratings:
    +673 / 0 / -0
    i will not comment on what i think the line up will be till after the international break because you never know how injuries work. but i would not be surpised to see JJ off with Modric on. Hudds may start but Daws will be on the field either as starter or sub. so that he can be ready to go when we face the scum.
  21. Seajay Well-Known Member

Seajay
    Ratings:
    +1,027 / 0 / -0
    I think you're confusing left and right!
    I also don't see BAE in the centre.
  22. Playboy New Member

Playboy
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I would chose this formation :
    if:
    1. King is not ready
    2. Modric is not ready
    -Gomes-
    Corluka - Dawson - Bassong - BAE
    Lennon - Palacious - Jenas - Kranjcar​
    Keane - Crouch​

subs : Bale ( use it ) , Hudd ( if someine is injured at CB or in centre midfield), Hutton , Pav, Cudicini
  23. jason.and.the.yids. New Member

jason.and.the.yids.
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Do you think this could work?

Gomes
    charlie, daws, bass, BAE
    lennon, kranjcar, wilson, modric, (if fit)
    keane, crouch.
  24. SirBillyNick New Member

SirBillyNick
    Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    you got another two subs to choose as well don't ya?
  25. CmonyouSpurs Well-Known Member

CmonyouSpurs
    Ratings:
    +1,619 / 0 / -0
    I prefer having Keane and Defoe up top rather than Keane and Crouch. With the quick passing football that we play it's better to have forwards who are constantly moving up top and causing problems to the defence with their movement. Crouch is too static and one-dimensional for me and every time he's on we seem to look directly to him via route one football and we lose the ball most of the time that way. Sure, once in a while he does create a good chance for us with one of his knock-downs but it happens far too rarely considering the amount of long balls we throw up to him. Crouch should be a Plan B option from the bench in my opinion, I'd much rather have Keane and Defoe up top.
  26. jason.and.the.yids. New Member

jason.and.the.yids.
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I agree about kean e and defoe, but i put keane and crouch incase defoe is injured, do you think modric and krancjar can play together?
  27. CmonyouSpurs Well-Known Member

CmonyouSpurs
    Ratings:
    +1,619 / 0 / -0
    I think it's possible but it might leave Palacios too exposed in midfield. I'm not quite sure about Kranjcar's physical and defensive capabilities to play in CM alongside Palacios. If he is strong defensively and can cope with helping out in break-up play and defensive duties then I'd love to have him alongside Palacios.

On the other hand I don't think Modders can play in CM. We hardly ever see him make tackles, and really the only defensive work we see him do is put pressure on the ball. I don't think that's enough to partner Palacios in the middle of the park.

We do need someone strong to partner Wilson in the middle of the park for sure though. There are days, which we have seen this season, where Palacios just doesn't seem to be the midfield destroyer he was towards the back end of last season, and in instances like those we need somebody who can cover him and help him out with his duties.
  28. Marquees New Member

Marquees
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The best:

------------------Gomes-------------------

Charlie----Dawson -----King--------Bale

------------------Palacios-----------------

------Lennon----Modric------Kranjcar---

------------Defoe-------Keane------------

This is goal machine 8)
  29. 1990Hotspur New Member

1990Hotspur
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    I personally would swap Kranjcar's and Modric's position, but i have a feeling that this could well be what Harry puts out....

shame theres only 3 English players (5 British).....
  30. SirBillyNick New Member

SirBillyNick
    Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    There's 4 English and Keane isn't British if you were thinking of him