Oliver Skipp

Discussion in 'Player Chat' started by BrakeYawSelf, Oct 12, 2017.

1. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +1,335 / 230 / -0
  2. EliteKiller Well-Known Member

EliteKiller
    Ratings:
    +2,509 / 25 / -0
    He's very highly rated ... not a Winks but more a Dier / Wanyama ... can play in-front of the back three or drop into CD as required ... he's got great timing be that tackling, jumping, or interceptions he also has bundles of confidence on the ball ... already played 23 games for our under 18's whilst still a 16 year old school-boy ... everyone at Enfield expects big things of this lad ....
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. WiscoSpursFan Active Member

WiscoSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +241 / 1 / -0
    he was the best player next to Japhet tanganga (cb) for us against Real Madrid in the UEFA youth league match yesterday. He was fantastic. Such great qualities and confidence for such a young player.
  4. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,141 / 40 / -0
    Kane, Deli, Winks and now Skip. It''s a whole word salad.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yid_1984 Well-Known Member

Yid_1984
    Ratings:
    +1,460 / 87 / -0
    Kane Deli Skipp Winks?

"can Kane skip sleep"
  6. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,165 / 30 / -0
    TOB, Marsh, Amos and Skipp all play the same role. There isn't much between any of them in my opinion. TOB catches the eye the most as he likes to dribble and is more athletic. But ultimately all 4 of them are efficient, but not creative, distributors of the ball, who will sit in front of the back 4. Against Madrid we played with Skipp and Marsh, but in terms of progress to the first team I think we'd only look to keep one of the 4.

Now TOB has found his position (Ugo moved players around too much imo) I think we could genuinely see 3 CM's from the academy in the first team squad in the next few years. The great shame is that we no longer have Kirby, who I think is a bigger talent than Winks or Onomah.
  7. WiscoSpursFan Active Member

WiscoSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +241 / 1 / -0
    Except that TOB and Skipp are a fair bit younger than the other two. From most people that watch them consistently will say that Skipp is a better passer than Marsh, and that his potential at this point seems to be far greater, but it is obviously to early to tell how their professional careers will turn out. When watching though, Skipp is one of the most calm players on the ball in that age group and you could obviously include TOB with him there.
  8. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +1,335 / 230 / -0
    So if Wanyama is out long term, and Dembele is on and off the injured list, are any of those above kids ready to step up for some games? Otherwise, Dier and Winks are going to get awfully tired going forward.

Sissoko, Lamela, Eriksen maybe getting some time at CM? Winks playing DM? Foyth? Not even sure.
  9. Poorerospur Active Member

Poorerospur
    Ratings:
    +220 / 0 / -0
    Well, you can always play the RM formation with dier out and Rose or Davies in. Or Sissoko there for Winka.

Sent from mTalk
  10. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +1,335 / 230 / -0
    Hmm, yea, they might have to at some point. Just not sure how I feel about that formation against the majority of opposition if it came down to it.

Also, Foyth really looks like he would be a very capable DM for rotation. Not sure if MP wants to use him in that spot though. Might want to keep him focused on CB since he's so young and new to the PL.

Onomah would have been the best option I think if he were here. Could always get recalled from his loan.

I thought maybe Marsh could be the closest to getting some time. I think Skipps and TOB seem like better long term options. But everyone seems to be saying they are further away from first team football. But for the time being, even a game here or there could be a huge help as the season wares on. Depending on how Dembele/Wanyama progress/regress.
  11. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,165 / 30 / -0
    Not yet in my opinion. TOB is obviously the closest, but in reality at this time, I'd feel much more confident seeing Jan being played as a DM than any of our youngsters.
  12. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +1,335 / 230 / -0
    I guess that could get us by a game or 2. Anything past that might give us some issues with our CBs, If TOB is the closest, perhaps at least he could get a cup game, to gauge where he's at, and give Dier a rest.

But not sure if either are for the rest of the season situation Spurs might find themselves in.
  13. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 117 / -0
    Danny Rose is the new DM lol
    • Funny Funny x 1