[OMT] Bournemouth H [PL] Sat 14 Oct 2017

Discussion in 'Match Day Chat' started by TheSpurEST, Oct 11, 2017.

1. TheSpurEST Well-Known Member

TheSpurEST
    Ratings:
    +976 / 24 / -0
    Good news, lads, international break is over!

And we'll have another very important mach coming up, even tough it might not look like one for random observer. This round is kicked off by Liverpool-ManU game and our other main rival Sc*m is playing away vs Watford who have lost only once in EPL up to now. As our next game is against Liverpool, then if we get the result in this and next round, we might be able to put some light between the sides.

There is also this little thing that we have still not won on Wembley in EPL, we'd really-really need a win in this one to put us into better position.

It seems that national team games were successful for our squad - no injury news, England got place in WC, so did Belgium, Denmark reached play-offs. Only Davies had to swallow bitter pill with Wales and failed to reach the play-offs. Kane and Eriksnen were both on target twice, which is nice. Winks debuted with MoM performance and Jan became most capped player of Belgium side. So, spirits should be high!

Expected lineup -

---------------Lloris-----------------
    -----Toby--Sanchez--Jan-------
    -Aurier--------------------Davies-
    -----------Dier----Winks----------
    -----Eriksen------------Alli--------
    -----------------Kane---------------

Possible alternations -
    - we should ride on the tide of Winks form and ability, but Dembele might be option, though if he is ready I'd rather see him rested for this one and used against Real
    - Alli has not been at his best, but given that he is still banned from CL game I think we should still start with him in this one, as Son had longer trip as well.
    - We will have two very tough games against Real and Pool coming up after this one, so using Trippier instead of Aurier would be option as well.
    All other positions really pick themselves, I think.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +838 / 19 / -0
    Although the overall England performance against the mighty Lithuania was pretty grim, I thought that Dele actually looked a bit better than of late, so he may be coming back on to form. Let's hope so as we really need him firing on all cylinders from now on.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. white hart pain Active Member

white hart pain
    Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Hoping for a resounding performance and win, 3-0.
  4. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +285 / 6 / -0
    This isn't going to be the formality some are thinking, the Cherries will come to Wembley tomorrow & try to put in the same sort of performance as they did at their place last season when the held us to a 0-0 draw.
    That said barring a decent display vs Citeh they have looked flakey so far this term.
    A tough game then but one where I expect us to break our PL duck at home.
    The team I expect to see starting.............
    .................................................................Lloris

..................Toby.....................................Sanchez..................................Jan

Trippier..............................Dier......................................Winks...............................Davies

.................Eriksen.....................................Kane....................................Dele

FORWARD WITH THE SPURS!!!
  5. Del Boy N17 Active Member

Del Boy N17
    Ratings:
    +525 / 13 / -0
    Completely agree with your team, really hope Winks's quick forward passing could complement Dele & Harry, Bournemouth will come and park the bus & hope to counter us (like everyone else has) plus they will have had the majority of their squad together for the international break so enough time to be well drilled for Saturday, massive game & 3 points will give everyone a lift before Madrid & Liverpool, a draw or loss & im afraid we are bang in trouble in terms of Wembley & this bloody curse !!!!
  6. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,082 / 33 / -0
    All back with no injuries, yeah. Other sides have really been beaten up.
  7. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,284 / 60 / -0
    Is Dembele going to be available for this game?
  8. BrooklynYid Well-Known Member

BrooklynYid
    Ratings:
    +1,970 / 26 / -0
    First PL win at Wembley has to happen at some point. Why not this week?

--------------------------Lloris---------------------------
    -------Toby----------Sanchez-------------Jan--------
    Trippier-----Dier---------------Winks--------Davies
    Alli----------------------Eriksen------------------Kane

Quite honestly this team should stomp Bouremoth at home. I know They have some quality, but the disparity in talent is huge. Three points are a must. Looking ahead, would be massive if Dembele and Wanyama are fit for Madrid. Combined with a rested Son and Aurier we would have a pretty fresh side. Here's hoping. COYS!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Markg541 Active Member

Markg541
    Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Praying for the 3 points to carry momentum into the following challenging games against Madrid Liverpool Man U, I really wonder how Bournemouth and Howe will aproach this if they normally play their attacking style and brand of fototball or be a bit more conseritive.
  10. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,284 / 60 / -0
    Got to think the Int'l break was a lot more in Bournemouth's favor than ours. Many of our players come back from long flights after having played a couple of matches. The Cherry players were mostly all relaxing at home getting healthy.
  11. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +1,286 / 228 / -0
    I might actually give Kane a rest for this game. They play RM 3 days after this game. Even though the team is coming off the break, I might consider resting a few players. I doubt Lamela or Rose will be game ready by this time or I would at least consider playing Lamela. I am assuming Dembele and Wanyama will still be out. Having Toby, Aurier, Davies, Winks, Kane and Eriksen fresher, not having played 3 days prior, might be a good move against RM. All though I doubt MP will want to rest all those players for a league game. Bournemouth isn't the toughest opponent. So I think we could get away with the following as unlikely as it probably is. Or could still play Winks at CM, move Sissoko to AM and play a front 3 of Sissoko, Son and Alli without a clear 9.

---------------------------Lloris---------------------------
    -------Foyth----------Sanchez-------------Jan--------
    ---------------------------Dier-------------------------
    Trippier---------------Sissoko-----------------KWP
    ----------Son-----------------------Alli-------------
    ------------------------Llorente-------------------
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. TheSpurEST Well-Known Member

TheSpurEST
    Ratings:
    +976 / 24 / -0
    Lamela nor Rose are nowehere near returning to actual matchday squad as far as I understand.
    Physoroom has marked their returns to 05.11 and 22.10 respectively. And then they need to work on their fitness. Wanyama is also marked to 22.10 return so... I would not really count on them as of now. And Dembele I would keep for RM game.

That being said, I support reasonable rotation, but suggested line-up is a joke. We'd be starting only 5 1st choice options!! And that has to be some kind of well coated joke or trolling, only realistic reason I could see. We are talking here about EPL not EFL cup. 3 points vs Bournemouth is still 3 points in table!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dave Well-Known Member

Dave
    Ratings:
    +4,064 / 75 / -0
    Our home form is poor. We can't take liberties. Play the strongest team available. Hopefully a front four of Eriksen, Alli, Son and Kane.
    Dave,
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +1,286 / 228 / -0
    I think that team could beat Bournmouth all the same.

We have some good players. The optimistic tag was probably accurate. I am optimistic that our depth players are still very good players capable of winning a league game with only a handful of normal starters mixed in.

Understandable that many fear losing a game like this and would want to run out most of our starters.
  15. TheSpurEST Well-Known Member

TheSpurEST
    Ratings:
    +976 / 24 / -0
    Bournemouth was 9th (on same amount of points then Soton in 8th) last season and played very good football. They have not lost any of most important players and on the flip side we havent won at home even against Burnley and Swans (!!) I think this says it all... we need even Kane magic for beating Bournemouth and if you are correct and we'll push over them, we can take Kane and Eriksen out on 55 minute mark.
  16. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,284 / 60 / -0
    I support reasonable rotation, but resting Kane for this match is crazy talk. This match is more important than Tuesday’s game, which let’s face it, we have little chance of getting anything from.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +838 / 19 / -0
    Exactly.
  18. hrytn Well-Known Member

hrytn
    Ratings:
    +1,464 / 77 / -0
    Both matches are of paramount importance and Kane is not for resting plus he would be very annoyed.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,082 / 33 / -0
    I'm sure he will play both matches. He probably will have been given light training this week. I hope so anyway.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dave Well-Known Member

Dave
    Ratings:
    +4,064 / 75 / -0
    By the way, the season is what, 7 weeks old? Nobody should need resting yet. We pissed about last season early on in the CL and that was an epic fail.

If we are in a situation where some players cant play twice in a few days, the Bournemouth game has to be priority.
    Dave,
  21. hrytn Well-Known Member

hrytn
    Ratings:
    +1,464 / 77 / -0
    Who suggested to rest Kane for this match?! Red card and can't post for 3 days.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,082 / 33 / -0
    Well, I'll back up here and say that, though I think Kane will play, he can't play every game. It's not unreasonable to rest him. He was out last year twice injured and we coped well without him. And in spite of the injury he came back stronger for the rest. We got Llorente so that Kane wouldn't have to play all the time. We rely on all the players to be ready, and that means Llorente too. So if Pochettino wants to rest Kane and start Llorente I'll back him 100%. He's going to take the long view, whichever he does.
  23. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +2,769 / 113 / -0
    I’d 100% rest Kane in this game and have him fresh for the next 3 biggies.....but not having won at Wembley yet in the league.....gotta play Kane unfortunately!!
  24. hrytn Well-Known Member

hrytn
    Ratings:
    +1,464 / 77 / -0
    What a stupid remark by pep guardiola?! d1ckhead
  25. Shacklebolt 'Ello

Shacklebolt
    Ratings:
    +1,639 / 30 / -0
    What has he said?
  26. hrytn Well-Known Member

hrytn
    Ratings:
    +1,464 / 77 / -0
  27. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,276 / 24 / -0
    That we're a one man (Kane) team basically
  28. Dave Well-Known Member

Dave
    Ratings:
    +4,064 / 75 / -0
    I like it when managers start doing this. It shows hes worried about us. Mr 'im a genius who gets his success from a bottomless pit of cash'
    Dave,
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. moe888 Well-Known Member

moe888
    Ratings:
    +4,053 / 52 / -0
    But if we arent going to let Llorente play games at home vs bournemouth then when is he ever going to play.
  30. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,284 / 60 / -0
    FA Cup, League Cup. When Kane is injured. When there’s a more important game 3 days later rather than one we’ll almost certainly lose.
    • Agree Agree x 1