[OMT] EPL Sun.May 13 2018, Tottenham H. v Leicester City F.C. K.O. 15.00pm

Discussion in 'Match Day Chat' started by MichiganStateSpur18, May 10, 2018.

1. lillywhiteyank Well-Known Member

lillywhiteyank
    Ratings:
    +433 / 11 / -0
    I rate Trips and KWP. Aurier may be a better athlete than either of them, bigger and stronger at least, but he commits the damnedest penalties on defense, and his crosses are crap.
  2. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    The clown wouldnt know what a cross was if u nailed him to one!
  3. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    Or a throw in!!!
  4. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 50 / -0
    My problem with Aurier is that he's really not that quick, and top speed not that good either. Not much that can be done there. He's a strong tackler but he's forced to rely on it too much. We'll see though. I can see Trippier being sold. A RB pair of KWP and Aurier does give two different looks for different opponents. KWP and Trippier are much more alike.
  5. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,805 / 73 / -0
    I think this is a very low likelihood outcome. Do you honestly think Levy and Poch are going to be OK selling our 1st choice RB when our 2nd choice RB struggled mightily and our 3rd choice RB is unproven and has shown a tendency for making big errors?
  6. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,083 / 124 / -0
    Jesus lads we have more important issues than our Right back....last season we had the 2nd best defence in league, this season we had the 3rd, putting some perspective on it here, Walker and Rose were rated as the best full backs in the league, Toby was rated as the best Centre half in the league and Jan was easily rated among the top 10....Walker obviously left, Rose and Toby wouldn’t have started 10 games between them, and in there place was Davies, Tripper and Sanchez and we didn’t do too badly at all...add to that, the brilliant protection that we had in front of them week in week out was not the same this season, with Wanyama injuried and Dier not performing to his high standards from the season before, probably because Wanyama wasn’t there to challenge him and he got comfortable??....and I don’t know about you boys but Lloris has probably just had his worst season in a Spurs shirt?....my opinion I wouldn’t waste time or money worrying about RB this summer, Tripp’s will be first choice, Aurier second choice and Walker-Peters should be judged on pre-season and maybe a short loan deal until Christmas and give him his chance then if that Aurier joker doesn’t up his game about another fecking 50%.....
  7. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 50 / -0
    Well I wouldn't, but somehow I can see it.
  8. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,805 / 73 / -0
    Is there a position that you think we are weaker at?
  9. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,083 / 124 / -0
    Not necessarily weaker, but if I wanted to improve us in the short term I’d lean my priority to a Playmaker who could move us forward quicker ie; De Bruyne as an example, Dembele is a beast at times, and on form is worth the entrance fee alone, but if we are honest he isn’t up to a title pushing team, having to play at that imposing level for 30 odd games a season...Yes Right back isn’t perfect, and as we stand Left back isn’t perfect either but neither Trippier or Davies would give us sleepless nights short term, Davies tho does need somebody to rotate with more as he was running on fumes the past month or so.
  10. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,805 / 73 / -0
    I'd say we need to address all 3 positions. CM is a major cause for concern, but so are both fullback positions. I think both our attack and defense has suffered this year from weak fullback play.
  11. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,083 / 124 / -0
    Yeah that’s a good argument, would be interesting to see the stats on attacking assists from our fullbacks last season compared to this season which ever combination played.....Reading and listening to Pochettino the last few days makes for some interesting possibilities in the coming weeks that’s for sure. Levy needs to seriously listen to what he has to say that’s for sure, I can’t wait for the outcome....
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,548 / 33 / -0
    Far weaker in CM. We also have no back up for Eriksen. Could probably use a LB more than RB right now with how crippled Rose is.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,805 / 73 / -0
    I have a hard time seeing any position as weak as RB as our roster currently stands. In CM, we have Dembele and Winks (and Sissoko, if you consider him a CM). At LB, we have Davies and Rose. At RB, we have Trippier, Aurier, and KWP. RB is the weakest link there. Trippier is worse than Dembele and Davies in the first 11. Aurier is worse than Winks and Rose in the second 11.
  14. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,787 / 49 / -0
    Sissoko, Lucas, Vertonghen, Davies, Pochettino - All Spurs' stars and boss rated for the season - football.london

Ben Davies

In terms of improvement, the 25-year-old probably made greater strides than any other player at Tottenham. The Welshman added aggression and creativity to his game with six assists and two goals in his 29 Premier League appearances. In fact he created more chances than any other defender in the Premier League. He did all he could to prevent Danny Rose from walking back into the side and Pochettino has been delighted with him. 9

Have a look at this article for an unbiased view of the players .
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,548 / 33 / -0
    Disagree. The gap between Trips and Davies isn't that big. Rose 6 games a season isn't a better back up than Aurier and KWP. Having to play a midfield of Sissoko and Wanyama together is much worse than having to play Aurier or KWP.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. moe888 Well-Known Member

moe888
    Ratings:
    +4,195 / 53 / -0
    Sissoko and Wanyama only started becuase Winks has a long term injury and Dembele/Dier both got injured very recently. What would happen if 2-3 of our rightbacks or leftbacks got injured? That would end up being even worse.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 50 / -0
    Agree with that, but the trouble is that Dembele and Winks are still injured. Dembele will be leaving and who knows if Winks will ever be the same. We can't count on him returning.
  18. moe888 Well-Known Member

moe888
    Ratings:
    +4,195 / 53 / -0
    If Dembele is actually leaving, then obviously we do need a replacement.
  19. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,019 / 28 / -0
    theres been no sign of him being offered a new deal, and at his age with his injury record I dont see why we'd offer him a contract.
  20. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,548 / 33 / -0
    LB it might be worse but RB we would be playing KWP or Aurier whoever you consider 3rd choice. The point is these situations are more likely to happen in CM or even at LB for us. Dembele and Winks have atrocious injury histories and leave us with a terrible combination of Dier, Wanyama and Sissoko. One injury to Davies would have killed us because Rose is out for half the season anyway on a good year. We had multiple times this season where we had CM combinations that didn't work and even a few where we had to have one of our RBs play at LB.
  21. moe888 Well-Known Member

moe888
    Ratings:
    +4,195 / 53 / -0
    True. And at his age he probably wants a longer contract or at least end with some trophies so maybe he will want to move as well. So he will most likely go. He still has one year left one his contract, right ? or is it expiring this summer?
  22. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,019 / 28 / -0