[OMT] Fulham H [PL] Sat 18th Aug 2018 3:00 BST

Discussion in 'Match Day Chat' started by AlabamaSpur, Aug 17, 2018.

1. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,787 / 49 / -0
    Never been his greatest fan, but that run and pass is exactlywhat I would like to see more of , instead of blind alleys.
  2. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 50 / -0
    Actually I think that's vintage Lamela. That sort of pass he makes more often than not. His biggest shortcoming is not scoring. Almost scoring but not quite.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 16 / -0
    On paper that formation looked superb, but in truth the game changed when we went four at the back.

You can see the benefit of a full pre-season in Moura. Looks like he's on the same page as the rest of the team now, and an excellent goal.

Hard to read too much into the win, as we probably should have had 5, but at this stage of the season I'm just happy we're picking up wins.
  4. Just a Spurs fan Well-Known Member

Just a Spurs fan
    Ratings:
    +475 / 4 / -0
    Great result. Some still looked rusty, especially Jan and Davies when playing the 3 CB. Looked better when changed to a 4.
    Showed me that we can't afford to let any of either Toby, Dembele or Rose leave in the next couple of weeks. I fear we will, but I think it would be madness.

Great 3pts.........COYS!!!!
  5. madmike Well-Known Member

madmike
    Ratings:
    +628 / 12 / -0
    It was a great run. Perhaps more to come

Mike
  6. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 50 / -0
    I'll make another comment about that Lamela run. If he's on the wing as he usually is, that doesn't happen. So let's hope we see more of him in the center.
  7. madmike Well-Known Member

madmike
    Ratings:
    +628 / 12 / -0
    Yep. He’s not a winger. Still young and certainly under raced. Hopefully huge for us this year.

Mike
  8. pistols_at_dawn Well-Known Member

pistols_at_dawn
    Ratings:
    +875 / 22 / -0
    And just a side note, as I watch this Chelski-Woolwich derby: At 60 minutes, Chelski just replaced Willian and Barkley with Kovacic and Hazard.

HOW IS THAT FAIR?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,019 / 28 / -0
    Goes to show how long a player needs to adjust playing in our system
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,098 / 22 / -0
    Let's hope you're right about Moura, but one swallow doth not a summer make. Against Newcastle a week ago he was terrible. I like the look of him and hope he is able to produce the goods regularly.
  11. LukeDanielHotspur Well-Known Member

LukeDanielHotspur
    Ratings:
    +444 / 21 / -0
    Lamela showed us against Fulham what he showed on the tour, he has the quality there at his fingertips and I have no doubt in my mind he will succeed with us, stop all the haters, he's one of our most creative players and can play as the Erikson type position.
    He's a player who wants to be with the club and Poch seems to love him.
    Rather an average player who would bleed for the shirt than a top class player who couldn't care less about the badge.

Currently watching Man City beating Huddersfield Town 4-1, looks like Silva learnt how to take that freekick from our lad Tripps.
  12. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    A near perfect day all round lads.
    Spurs winning, Harry scoring in August, Tripps proving that that free kick goal at the WC was no fluke, Toby back onside & The Moose beastin it from the bench.
    All we need now is for Poch & Danny boy to kiss and make up & we'll be sorted.
    I thought Lucas was our MOTM but a big up to for Trippier & Lloris as well as the Moose & Lamela when they came on. All 4 produced the goods when needed.
    Manure up next. Lets go there with our tails up & have a right go at them.
    COYS!!!
  13. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 16 / -0
    I agree it's early, but I actually thought he was decent against Newcastle haha.
  14. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,805 / 73 / -0
    Well deserved win, we were certainly the better team.

Moura worked really hard all game, great to see him rewarded on a fantastic goal. Obviously blowing those 2 early chances wasn't ideal though.

Wonderful free kick from Trippier.

Davies struggled today as did Vert a little bit. After seeing teams relentlessly attack our right side last season, it was strange to see attacks come down our left. Perhaps Toby's presence has an impact there...btw, great to see him back even if he had an unremarkable game.

Lloris was excellent once again.

2 wins in our first 2 matches is a dream. Let's keep it up!
  15. MichiganStateSpur18 Active Member

MichiganStateSpur18
    Ratings:
    +179 / 4 / -0
    Wait till Sonny returns too
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. FLYank Active Member

FLYank
    Ratings:
    +187 / 4 / -0
    That's one thing I always hated about the FIFA titles. There are 2 truths in FIFA 15-18: 1, Lamela is always a basketcase. I want to leave. No I want to stay. No I don't know what I want. (We all know that's bull. He wants to stay) And 2, if Edison Cavani is playing against you, break his leg. Fast. Its the only way to stop him scoring a double against you every time. The game seriously overestimates his ability to defeat you. I can defend against any player in the game except him.

I always love to watch Lamela playing holdup and reversing directions. Dembele holds the ball by stiff arming anyone stupid enough to try to take it from him. Lamela dances around it like a flamenco dancer. We don't have another player that can work that tightly around the ball.
    • Agree Agree x 1