[OMT] Inter Milan A [CL] Tue 18 Sept 2018 5:55 BST

Discussion in 'Match Day Chat' started by AlabamaSpur, Sep 17, 2018.

1. GlennintheUK Member

GlennintheUK
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Unbelievable. Thrown away another one. Message to Poch. We can't defend corners. Take Lamela and Kane off - who'd both done their share in our box - to replace them with Winks and Rose. Really????? Inter were doing nothing till our substitutions!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,359 / 60 / -0
    Ok...is Poch f'ing up his rotations just to wake Levy up so he will buy some damn players?
  3. BC87X Well-Known Member

BC87X
    Ratings:
    +1,261 / 36 / -0
    This was a s**t show, we got a very fortunate goal and preceded to play like we were 2-0 up against a Eastern European team not Inter at San Siro. It is has become quite evident that there are simple too many passengers in this team that are playing too big of a role in our starting eleven.

Dier and Davies simply aren't good enough to be starting for us in the EPL let alone in the CL I honestly don't want either of them to be starting for us anymore neither one of them offers anything to us they are your basic run of the mill mid-table players. Dembele simply doesn't have the legs to go the full distance and needs to be substituted around the 60th minute so that we don't end being handicapped. As for Lamela he simply doesn't have that extra bit of magic so many of us hoped would develop was in a couple of situation to make a impact and did s**t all with them. The sooner we send them off the better we will be off they can be replaced with one or two players.

To end on a positive Aurier played great so did Sanchez, Lucas too was great in his cameo, actually only player willing and capable of attacking and creating something.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. northspur Member

northspur
    Ratings:
    +20 / 2 / -0
    We do not learn. We can't defend corners so why isn't Poch working on this in Training. There has to be big changes for Saturday. It looks like the players are not playing to their best maybe that is to do with not signing anyone in the summer or it could be to do with the number of players we had playing in the later stages of the World Cup.

Was the decision to leave Toby and Tripps at home due to Levy not wanting to pay the plane fare. If things don't change it looks like we need a change of ownership.
  5. AlboSpurs Member

AlboSpurs
    Ratings:
    +59 / 3 / -0
    The games in this season until now are just proving my point. We do not have the depth of a quality squad and we certainly do not have a good midfield.

Lacking these 2 things we cant expect to much to be honest.
  6. NYYiddo1019 Well-Known Member

NYYiddo1019
    Ratings:
    +1,611 / 43 / -0
    We're in for a loooooong season, folks. This shitshow doesn't look like it's going to stop. No stadium, Kane is playing like shit, Eriksen has been meh, Dele injured, Lloris "injured" and Poch looks like everyone is figuring him out.
  7. lillywhite Active Member

lillywhite
    Ratings:
    +81 / 4 / -0
    Kane insists he's not tired so he must be just passed it. A great chance to score and once again squandered. 3 losses in a row, very poor. So who do you blame for this drop in performances. Has to be the manager, if he can't get them up for this game then somethings wrong especially after the scouser humping. Kane of course should be dropped, Dier shouldn't even be there, the rest need the biggest bollocking ever for the way they let that go. Your going to need a calculator to sum up the defeat barca will inflict on us. We'll go out pretty quick and maybe just as well. Put all our efforts into getting into top six or so. We have to accept we are a mid table side at present, flakey to say the least.
  8. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,098 / 22 / -0
    We folded against Watford, we folded against Liverpool and we folded against Inter. A gutless performance from most of the players against a mediocre team - Watford would have beaten this lot.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ginola14 Well-Known Member

Ginola14
    Ratings:
    +599 / 4 / -0
    Daylight robbery...
  10. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,359 / 60 / -0
    It wasn't robbery buddy... we stood there with our wallets open and invited them to take the cash
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. NYYiddo1019 Well-Known Member

NYYiddo1019
    Ratings:
    +1,611 / 43 / -0
    Losing to Watford was inexcusable. There's some serious questions that should be asked about this manager, players and of course, our chairman.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  12. FLYank Active Member

FLYank
    Ratings:
    +187 / 4 / -0
    We are 1-0 with 20 minutes to go. We've subbed Lucas for Son. I get it. That's like for like. Lucas added much needed pace and he began to terrorize Inter's defense. Inter had no choice but to go for broke, giving us ample opportunities to get in behind them. It was only a matter of time. The problem is that the instant Poch subbed Winks for Lamela we ceded the attack. If we were up 3-0 or down to 10 men then I can understand doing it that early. But there was 20 minutes to go and we were in the San Siro. Why give up the attack now? Were we that exhausted that we needed to defend? I would have subbed Winks for Dembele/Dier and kept the attack up. If you want to sub Lamela, do it in the 82' or so. You've knocked them down and have your foot on their throat. You don't let them back up again. You press down until you hear a crunch.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. Just a Spurs fan Well-Known Member

Just a Spurs fan
    Ratings:
    +475 / 4 / -0
    What a f##king f##k up, that was.

Inter aren't great , they really ain't. But not only did we not finish em' off, we pretty much urged them on to get the winner. CM was poor again, Dier really is slow with everything he does, and Dembele really wasn't much better.
    Playing out from the back from goal kicks is becoming a joke - someone might have to explain to em, that it doesn't work at walking pace (stop f##king doing it! Its too slow!)
    Poch has to take some heat too - couple of the substitutions were awful, and didn't help at all. Rose for Kane, has to be explained to me. It doesn't sure things up at the back, doesn't help defending set pieces, and leaves no out ball. Llorente had to be the choice for Kane, and probably earlier to.
    Can't believe how long ago the Manc result seems. Real f##k up from all tonight, and probably means we'll have to get a positive result against Barca in at least one of the games, to have ANY chance of progressing.
  14. MichiganStateSpur18 Active Member

MichiganStateSpur18
    Ratings:
    +179 / 4 / -0
    Wijanldum just got the same penalty call that Son should have had at Wembley...
  15. FLYank Active Member

FLYank
    Ratings:
    +187 / 4 / -0
    I assume Lucas went to CF and Rose took his place as winger. Interesting choice, but doesn't really make as much sense to me. Lucas is more technical on the ball and can work it into space for the striker or take the shot himself. Rose is just fast. Race to the corner and cross. Llorente is tall and can win a header. Lucas is tiny so you lose that aspect putting him solo up top. The only real reason for it is Lucas' speed or lack of other options.
  16. jrg83 Well-Known Member

jrg83
    Ratings:
    +4,095 / 12 / -0
    I love Poch but he's had two absolute knightmares in a row, proper f**k ups.
  17. Binda Well-Known Member

Binda
    Ratings:
    +497 / 7 / -0
    Tough pill to swallow definitely. The first goal is difficult to blame anyone for because Icardi was on the floor most the time until the ball came in and he caught it with perfection. It's irritating though to lose to another aerial duel.
  18. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,359 / 60 / -0
    That first goal was a hell of a shot...but the second...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tott_BeBop The poster formerly knows as T.K. Massive

Tott_BeBop
    Ratings:
    +465 / 2 / -0
    My thoughts exactly. This is going to be a bumpy year. Wouldn't be surprised if we only spend minimally in January as well seeing as the stadium cock up's are going to cost another pretty pound which we all know levy loves to pinch.

I think we're all forgetting that what our expectations are vs the boards is what matters right now. I'm sure all Levy wants is 4th or better, but not expecting to become champions. I'm sure Poch also knows this. But boy does it seem to be coming apart at the seems pretty fast here. I said it before and I'll say it again. We've already look like we've hit that spell in March/April where we just look drained, mentally and physically. Half the team looks as though they need a week away from football all together just to recoop and get some of that drive back in them
  20. aewallace81 Well-Known Member

aewallace81
    Ratings:
    +193 / 5 / -0
    Yes, its not like Dembele, Winks and Dier looked like a remotely good idea at the weekend. The most out of form member of the team right now is the manager, he is making strange choices and experimenting which is unlike him. He should stick with the press, lean on Lamelas energy for a while until we are up and running again.
  21. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,083 / 124 / -0
    This team peaked 2 years ago (Finishing 2nd behind Chelsea) did great to get to that point the way we did, but we have added nothing worth talking about since to push on...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,083 / 124 / -0
    Wouldn’t rule out that he’s looking to get his marching orders, he hasn’t got the personality to just throw the in towel and quit, but he has lost complete interest, he was 100% made promises for the summer and Levy failed to follow through, simple as that.
    Most of the players that did stay (who everyone thought were leaving) are out of contract soon enough and havnt looked close to signing a new deal.
    Anyone who still thinks Pochettino was happy enough with the squad and truly didn’t need to sign anyone is kidding themselves, more so, if Pochettino did actually think that (which I 100% doubt as he’s a reasonably smart guy) then he shouldn’t even be a manager!!

This might all sound a tad pessimistic, but that’s how a lot of us called it in the summer....and I’m really tired of excuses, we had a damn good couple of years were it was “almost” and a few quality additions might have been the iceing on the cake, but we’ve blown it, we have run this current squad dry...
    Then there’s this optimistic bunch (not so much on here but on other outlets) who completely wind me up, and actually think when Lucas scores a couple of goals that he’s the second coming of Bale. Then there’s Lamela, who plays about 5 mins against Liverpool, knocks in a tap in and he’s now the go to guy who should replace Alli or Eriksen, Jesus Christ hi, get real!
    And if I hear what it was like in the 90’s one more time I’ll cry, newsflash-this isn’t the 90’s people, a quarter of a century has passed since then, Man City were in Divison 2 (old school) back in the 90’s for god sake!!
    Levy is the underlying problem at this club and the sooner fans get that the sooner we move on....and this stadium thing, do me a favor, it’s a 62k seater stadium, and how the fcuk does something that should cost 4/500m end up 1bn??, seriously bad planning by the baldy man on that front!!
    Anyhow COYS!!!
  23. helen7 Well-Known Member

helen7
    Ratings:
    +706 / 83 / -0
    The first shot should never have taken place. We had Winks, Dier and Dembele on the pitch. How on earth did NOBODY pick up the guy completely unmarked at the end of the 18 yard box. Inexcusable.

How is it that for the final 30 minutes we were playing keep ball with great success. Inter getting no sight of the ball and we are completely comfortable. 5 mins to go and Poch decides to change tactic. Let's give them the ball; and sit back and defend. Whooops. OK...1-1, 5+ stoppage time to go. We have been dominent; they are tired. Lets keep the ball and we will get at least 1 more chance - NO......instead; lets give them the ball and try to grind out a draw. Afterall, we are in great form defending right now. Whooooops.

Kane should have been switched out much earlier. He was not contributing in midfield and his hold up play was non-existent. His slow walk off when we needed a goal showed his lack of desire to win the game. Llorente should have replaced him at 70 mins. His hold up play is better and we would not have had to change the formation that was working.

Inept from the coach.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,787 / 49 / -0
    MP has never known how to kill a game, but its the manner of this defeat that is gonna hurt , so the manager has to show himself to get the players back on song both physically and mentally, its down to him now.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Tott_BeBop The poster formerly knows as T.K. Massive

Tott_BeBop
    Ratings:
    +465 / 2 / -0
    Yeah... But by the end of the game the look on his face was the same as if an alien had popped out of one of the players stomachs. Absolutely bewildered. Confused. Looks as if he has no idea what just happened, or how it happened. Almost the same look Mourinho had in his face when we beat them 3-0. Hell, MP's post match interview almost read like a Mourinho piece.

Maybe Pep's theory of three years is right, and there are just the special few who can stay and progress at a club. I'm... I'm not sure Poch is the right guy, though granted I'm sure Levy was the one who kept the coin purse closed in the summer.
  26. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,098 / 22 / -0
    Poch said, after the game: "That was our best performance since the start of the season. I am happy with the performance but not with the result...."

Self-deception is a wonderful thing.
  27. Just a Spurs fan Well-Known Member

Just a Spurs fan
    Ratings:
    +475 / 4 / -0

This has to be most worrying.
    Agreed we haven't played well so far. But THIS was our best performance? Now that sounds Mourinho-esque.
  28. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,083 / 124 / -0
    Newcastle wasn’t pretty and was a scrappy result.
    Fulham was easy enough in the end, but we let them back in it and had to go again to get the result.
    Utd was great, everything clicked, Lucas had his game of the season.
    Watford, worst performance in a long long time.
    Liverpool, should have been embarrassing, 2-1 flattered us.
    Milan, played well enough, looked ok until the subs and just crumbled under intense pressure at the end, very Watford like, bring the pressure and we fold.

Don’t know what season he was watching but Old Trafford was the best performance and best result.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. kayat Well-Known Member

kayat
    Ratings:
    +481 / 12 / -0
    "Poor Free kick defending..."
    I have typed this sentence for few weeks.
    And still...
  30. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,098 / 22 / -0
    The team spends too much time fannying about playing tippy tappy sideways football, failing to move the ball forward quickly enough. This has been a problem for some time now and it needs to be addressed soon. We should have pressed sensibly for a second goal last night instead of sitting back and letting them come on to us.