[OMT] Inter Milan A [CL] Tue 18 Sept 2018 5:55 BST

Discussion in 'Match Day Chat' started by AlabamaSpur, Sep 17, 2018.

1. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,805 / 73 / -0
    And the knives come out!

How was he supposed to look when we lost a game we appeared to be cruising to victory in?

We’ve been in the CL the last 3 years with Poch. And he’s not the right guy??

Football fans are the worst.
  2. bfgpete Active Member

bfgpete
    Ratings:
    +372 / 8 / -0
    Should we include Celtic in the waste of time argument?
  3. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,787 / 49 / -0
    I get what MP was trying to say as I think he meant the overall performance not just a section of it, for me I Ifelt the Liverpool performance was the worst as we showed nothing, at Watford we were cruising and last night were in a similar position but somehow we"ve crumbled in both games .
  4. Del Boy N17 Active Member

Del Boy N17
    Ratings:
    +600 / 16 / -0
    Levy & Poch have an awful a lot to answer for in my opinion (Levy more so) but I can’t help but feel the players are letting Poch down massively, I appreciate football is a fickle game & if we win our next 3 games a lot of the last 2 weeks will be forgotten, however without strengthening our squad, having no legitimate home, no communication with us fans, the club at the minute is a shambles & I blame Levy, I’m going to put it out there now, if this season turns toxic by December which it could well happen, Poch will be gone by Xmas
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,359 / 60 / -0
    Poch isn't going anywhere unless he quits.
  6. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,083 / 124 / -0
    Yes, a point that was brought up several times over on here....there are other problems throughout as well that needed attention and have not been addressed, there are even issues Pochettino has aired publicly that haven’t been looked at with any great purpose, Pochettino knows what he needs/needed but he just isn’t getting them anytime soon.
  7. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,805 / 73 / -0
    In any US sport that would be true. In English football, just a few months of poor form can unseat very successful managers. Look at Ranieri and Leicester.
  8. yidrules Active Member

yidrules
    Ratings:
    +301 / 62 / -0
    ...an entertaining match, but once again we get rope-a-doped by an arguably inferior but more sophisticated continental opponent...Poch needs to swallow his "we are Tottenham and we play football" pride and come up with a more cynical strategy to kill a game when leading away from home...
    COYS
  9. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,083 / 124 / -0
    Pochettino needs some money to spend, there was only so long he could convince decent players they were great players, and great players they should stay with the “project”....he’s running out of ideas, some players have got comfortable, and some don’t want to be here. Really feel sorry for the man, he is one of the most committed and likable managers around!!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jaggeh Active Member

Jaggeh
    Ratings:
    +304 / 6 / -0
    And the rest. We've sucked at defending AND attacking corners/free-kicks for, er, years.

IIRC, 'Arry didn't bother practising corners (player quote from years back) and it seems Poch is more interested in the "philosophy" rather than practising set pieces.

At least Eriksen isn't taking corners as much. I can't remember when one of our big defender types (including Dier) scored with a head from a corner. We concede waaaay too much from set pieces considering our defenders and beefcakes we have in midfield.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,098 / 22 / -0
    It doesn't help, at this moment in time, that Vorm is 6' tall which puts him well under the PL goalkeeper average height of 6' 3". When he is surrounded by other players, he looks quit small. A goalie of his height needs to be absolutely exceptional in today's football.

This would be a good time to give Gazzaniga (6' 4") a run in goal.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. yidrules Active Member

yidrules
    Ratings:
    +301 / 62 / -0
    ...Vorm doesn't command the box like Lloris - he needs to call/come for the ball more authoritatively...this doesn't give the team (or the fans) much confidence...
    COYS
  13. FLYank Active Member

FLYank
    Ratings:
    +187 / 4 / -0
    I thought that was a better game from Vorm. The last 2 games Vorm reminded me of Freidel his last season. Capable, but might as well spot the other team a goal before kickoff. (Tell me that's not how you felt when he started the FA Cup semi vs Chelsea last season. I understand its because he was promised a semi start, but it felt like forfeiting before kickoff) There was very little coordination between him and the defense the first two games. This game was better and was the first game in a while I wasn't shuddering every time the ball was in our box and he was the only thing saving us. He's an excellent keeper, but the rust is heavy. If he's forced to continue playing I expect he'll improve with that, but the defense needs to do their job as well. As for the goals, there wasn't much he could do about that first goal unless his arm was 6 inches longer or a defender didn't leave him open. He was in position to save the second goal until someone shot it into the opposite corner. Not much he could do with that.
  14. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,098 / 22 / -0
    His problem is his inability to deal with high balls into the box when he is being pressured and crowded by the opposition. Liverpool played on this weakness and he made costly errors, whereas Inter did not, so he was OK. Other aspects of his 'keeping are OK.
  15. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,359 / 60 / -0
    Somebody make a damn OMT for Saturday. I’m 0 for my last 2. I’m bad luck.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  16. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,359 / 60 / -0
    Why y'all laughing? Im serious!!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,083 / 124 / -0
    You’ve now made it the “Poisoned chalice” and nobody’s gonna touch it..:ninja: