[OMT] Palace at Selhurst Park [EPL] Sat 10 Nov 2018 17:45 GMT

Discussion in 'Match Day Chat' started by pistols_at_dawn, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Just a Spurs fan Well-Known Member

Just a Spurs fan
    Ratings:
    +475 / 4 / -0
    Another great result away from home, albeit another shaky performance. Palace has always been a tough game, even with everyone fit and all on form. So 3pts with all the injuries, and still not top form, has to be a great result.

Pleased for Foyth, shaky start, but improved. And scoring the winner was a fantastic come back from Wolves.
    Sissoko again did well, has to be the most consistent run of good games hes had for us. Long may it continue.
    Summed up Lloris this game also. One minute he's giving opportunities to the opposition, the next he's saving you the game, which he did.

Hopefully the Int.break enables a couple to get back to fitness - and winning this tonight, means we don't have 2 wks of misery till we play again.........COYS!!
  2. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,805 / 73 / -0
    We really are not playing well....barely squeaking by a Zaha-less Palace. On balance we were marginally better, but I can't blame Palace for thinking they deserved something from the match. Very pleased for Foyth to get the game winner, but he does not inspire me with confidence defensively and I hope Sanchez is back in there after the int'l break, which has definitely come at the perfect time. I just hope some of these int'l coaches give your players a little bit of a break!

ps: Jon Moss can do one.

pps: we really missed Eriksen in this one. Hopefully he'll be back to full strength after the break.
  3. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,019 / 28 / -0
    5 games in 13 days....unfuckingheardof but to come away with 4 wins is huge.

Look at where we are in the table, not even playing to what we know we can. We'll turn it on in the coming weeks, we always do
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,019 / 28 / -0
    Juan Foyth for how little he's played has great potential and I'm all for him playing games this season to get bedded into the team. Given that we have Jan out, and not knowing how long Sanchez will take to recover now is the time for him to get games. The inconsistencies in his game (which he has few of them) will go away with being more comfortable in the team and that will come with more minutes.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,789 / 49 / -0
    Scoring what turned out to be the winner and keeping a clean sheet will do Foyth a lot of good ,after his mistakes before, thats football.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,099 / 22 / -0
    Davies worries me. He works hard, but he is all over the place, making defensive error after error. I just hope Jan (with his left foot [and his right one as well, of course]) is back soon to help him out.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. NYYiddo1019 Well-Known Member

NYYiddo1019
    Ratings:
    +1,611 / 43 / -0
    This. Including a win in the CL where we’ve been dreadful this season. Let’s keep rolling and see where it takes us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk