[OMT] Spurs Host Man Citeh at Wembley [PL] Mon 29 Oct 22:00 BST

Discussion in 'Match Day Chat' started by pistols_at_dawn, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,548 / 33 / -0
    All over the pitch, most of our squad isn't playing at 80% let alone 100%
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dave Well-Known Member

Dave
    Ratings:
    +4,312 / 78 / -0
    Which is evident when picking the team. If it were us picking it, how many players could you put down straight away who are a shoe-in and deserve to play. Probably none. I cant think of one player at the moment who is standing out.

On the plus side, we've had a good start and will get loads better.

The negative is, were hanging in there by the skin of our teeth and the decline is imminent. We need two big performances this week.
    Dave,
  3. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 50 / -0
    I just don't agree with that. Against a small team they might coast, but against Man City, I don't think so. In any case players can't always give 100% every game year round. But what I am speaking about is player development. Most of these guys have reached their most productive years. They aren't going to get much better.
  4. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,548 / 33 / -0
    Probably Lamela but he was one of our weakest in the last game against City soooo there you go.
  5. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,548 / 33 / -0
    Most of our squad has the potential to have their best years ahead of them probably just Verts, Trips(peaking right now), Rose, Dembele and Wanyama (crippled) who don't.
  6. DragonSpur Well-Known Member

DragonSpur
    Ratings:
    +464 / 5 / -0
    IMO Lamela had a decent game, missed the sitter, but it happens to the best.
    Sissoko was our best player. Hope this is the norm going forward.
    No other starter played to their potential. Playing at 80% is a generous rating...

What stood out for me, was the niggling fouls from City to disrupt our play. In previous seasons, we were doing the same, but we've missed that this season.

I'm hoping we improve as the season progresses, if we can stay in touch of the leaders into February, then we may put on a late challenge... i guess I'm being optimistic.

Bottom line, we weren't outclassed by City like last season. It could've gone either way.