[OMT] Watford H [EFL Cup] Wed 26 Sept 2018 20:00 BST

Discussion in 'Match Day Chat' started by USspur, Sep 25, 2018.

1. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    1) Not really a home game, eh? Played at Stadium MK.
    "For Watford, it will be the same conditions," Pochettino said at a news conference on Tuesday. "If there is one thing I don't want, it is to give reasons to the players, to us, to say: 'If we don't win, it's because of Milton Keynes, it's because we don't play at our stadium, it's because we play at Wembley'.

"If you are a winner, you have a different mentality, and if you are a loser, you always try to find an excuse to avoid responsibility. I feel well [about it], because we're going to discover another place to play. It's a very nice town."

2) There will be squad rotation (thank fck)
    "We want to win," Pochettino said. "We rotate, trying to find the best solution to try to win games. But the obsession here in England is to try to disrespect the players who play in one or another competition, and for me, it's so difficult to understand.

"If, tomorrow, Paulo Gazzaniga plays, or Serge Aurier, who played against Inter Milan but didn't play against Brighton -- it's like we disrespect the competition or we don't take it seriously."

Pochettino said after the 2-1 loss to Inter Milan on Sept. 18 that questions about his squad choice were disrespectful to those who played, and on Tuesday, he said rotating the squad helps give players "confidence and trust."

"When you sign players and have 24 players in your squad, you need to respect all the players," Pochettino said. "Sorry, but for me, it's so difficult to understand that obsession about why one or another plays. It's like all the managers want to lose [and] no one wants to win."

Gazzaniga; Aurier, Sanchez, Jan, Davies; Wanyama, Sissoko; Lamela, Dele/Winks, GKN; Llorente

We will lose 1-3 with this line up, but I think it is what we will put out there (or something similar, heavily rotated) and Watford will go for it with a strong side.
    I think Dele will either start or come in as a sub (if fit) as MP has already stated he is "the king of Milton Keynes"
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  2. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Pochettino said on Juan Foyth: "I don't believe he is going to play [tomorrow] but he will be in the squad." He added that coaching staff from the Argentina national team had contacted him (Poch) to ask about Foyth's form "and how he is doing".
  3. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,359 / 60 / -0
    So there's 2 OMTs now. Y'all meet somewhere at lunch and fight to see who gets to keep it
  4. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    i posted first... :whistle:
  5. MichiganStateSpur18 Active Member

MichiganStateSpur18
    Ratings:
    +179 / 4 / -0
    When I started my thread yours wasn't available yet. I took a few min to think of a lineup, then when I posted yours was there. :(
  6. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    thats the way she goes, eh. someone can merge them. im not too concerned about it