[OMT] Wolves A [PL] Sat 3 Nov 2018 7:45 BST

Discussion in 'Match Day Chat' started by AlabamaSpur, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Maslas Well-Known Member

Maslas
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 27 / -0
    Hahahahahahahhahahaha, sure. We cut them to pieces when we had out chances and took them. Sure Foyth was bad in the 2nd, but your view strikes me as way too extreme.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    Extreme? First off, Wolves had a good goal disallowed. That makes it 3-3. Then we have to ask ourselves, does a draw reflect the way the game was played? For me, the answer is no. Wolves were the better team. Yes, we took our chances, and Wolves fluffed some of theirs. Thanks goodness. But I do not think it's extreme to think that Wolves should've won that game, nor do I think it's extreme to say our defending was awful.
  3. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,104 / 22 / -0
    I feel sorry for Foyth. He seldom gets a look in, yet on one of the few occasions he does he gets badly let down by the whole back line panicking when under pressure and no proper defensive midfielder in front of him. Clearly he needs plenty of game time and as he doesn't get it at Spurs then he requires loaning out.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rhonkt Well-Known Member

rhonkt
    Ratings:
    +1,890 / 37 / -0
    The first penalty was mostly Trippier's fault, but Foyth panicked and made a pointless challenge.

The second penalty wasn't even a penalty. Yes he could've dealt with it better but it wasn't terrible defending.

I still believe in the kid.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Maslas Well-Known Member

Maslas
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 27 / -0
    Give them back that goal, take away the second pen.

They didn't out play us in my opinion.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,792 / 49 / -0
    It was his lack of experience in the situations he found himself in that caused the problem, and without getting too deep about it, I think he has shown a lot of promise and I hope he gets over what has happened to him ,thankfully it did not affect the result, he will need a a confidence boosting chat from the coach probably.

Btw I think without Lloris, Toby and Ben, things could have been a very different story.
  7. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    I don't think Pochettino will let it destroy his confidence. On the positive side it is a teachable moment. If he's been getting a big head and thinking that he might get more game time at Barcelona this will fix it.
  8. Just a Spurs fan Well-Known Member

Just a Spurs fan
    Ratings:
    +476 / 4 / -0

He did what many of our CMs don't, think forward first. His intent was to always get the ball moving forward.
  9. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,549 / 33 / -0
    Yeah he does and at only 18. Hard to get a look in with their CM pairing though.
  10. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,104 / 22 / -0
    The second penalty was very soft and challenges like that are seldom penalised in the area.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 16 / -0
    Wolves fluffing chances is exactly why they didn't deserve to win, and weren't the better team. Putting the ball in the back of the net, is a pretty important aspect of football. They only managed it through two penalties, one of them incredibly soft.

If the teams were reversed, there's no way anyone on here would be saying that we deserved to win that.
    • Agree Agree x 1