[OMT] Woolwich A [EPL] Sun 2 Dec 2018 14:05 BST

Discussion in 'Match Day Chat' started by USspur, Nov 27, 2018.

1. GlennintheUK Member

GlennintheUK
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    So Poch decides it's a good idea to play one centre back who has only had one game after a long lay-off and one who's totally inexperienced in the north London derby. Fcuk me.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,362 / 60 / -0
    Welp. I usually am not one to blame team selection, but Foyth for Toby was a pretty bad idea.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GlennintheUK Member

GlennintheUK
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    It really hurts me to say this but the better team won today. Might have been different if Son hadn't fcuked up that clear chance at 1:2 but after that their extra speed all around the pitch did us. Powder puff arsenal is clearly a thing of the past. Gutted.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rhonkt Well-Known Member

rhonkt
    Ratings:
    +1,890 / 37 / -0
    Jan, Foyth, and Dier to blame for that one.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Binda Well-Known Member

Binda
    Ratings:
    +497 / 7 / -0
    Their midfield really ran circles around us. Really disappointing game to be honest as I thought we might see it out despite being outplayed for the majority of the game. Don't like their equaliser but f**k it I don't care right now because I want to physically destroy something right now.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. yidrules Active Member

yidrules
    Ratings:
    +302 / 62 / -0
    ...our back 4 let us down today...need to sort our WBs...
    COYS
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,104 / 22 / -0
    It makes no sense to play such an inexperienced defender in a game of this magnitude and leave a superb defender on the bench. Poch gets most things right, but that selection beggars belief.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. aewallace81 Well-Known Member

aewallace81
    Ratings:
    +193 / 5 / -0
    Lack of reaction to the introduction of Ramsey bothers me the most, could have put Winks on him for Sissoko who had reverted to factory settings today and isolated the front pair but no, too arrogant for that.
  9. BC87X Well-Known Member

BC87X
    Ratings:
    +1,261 / 36 / -0
    Poch's tactical inconsistency and stubbornness is mind boggling. Be it team sheets, game subs, or the complete lack for tactical flexibility. Add the fact that 3 of out players gifted them 3 goals you really couldn't expect much today. The 2-1 score line at half time was extremely deceiving and I hoped for a tactical change in the second half to gain a better foot hold in the game yet we just continued to watch them dominate possession and operate in the half spaces.

This lose is down to Poch as it is to those personal mistakes. Move on from this game and make sure we smash them home.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,087 / 124 / -0
    We just can’t win these type of games where there is energy and desire against us.....Chelsea walked at a snails pace last week and made us look better than we actually were.....
    Of the big 5 games we played this season so far, Arsenal, City and Liverpool brought the fight to us and we couldn’t cope, Utd and Chelsea had stinking attitudes and we mauled them to pieces, it’s not a coincidence in the big big games you need to show disire and bottle or your coming home with a black eye!!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. bfgpete Active Member

bfgpete
    Ratings:
    +376 / 8 / -0
    If Rose is fit, he plays ahead of Davies.
    If Toby is fit, he plays ahead of Foyth.
    Its a simple game spoilt by Sports Scientists
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Just a Spurs fan Well-Known Member

Just a Spurs fan
    Ratings:
    +476 / 4 / -0
    Oh FFS! We couldn't finish the week in style could we. Feels totally ruined, and it shouldn't be.

Gonna state the obvious, Foyth for Toby? Huge gamble, didn't pay off. With Aurier beside him also, far to erratic for this game. I really think if he didn't want to play Toby 3 in a week, then make it the Inter game (we're still extremely unlikely to get through).
    We never got control of the game, and were far to vulnerable against their pace up top. And once again in a huge game, our own f##k ups give away the game.

Totally f##king gutted. But at least its a short week to try and put things right....coys
    • Like Like x 1
  13. bfgpete Active Member

bfgpete
    Ratings:
    +376 / 8 / -0
    I went out in the car to get something, called someone a C**T and now I feel ok, onwards and upwards....
    anyway thats the Xmas gift sorted for the Gooners...a new dvd of the highlights
    #seehowfarwe'vecome
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,104 / 22 / -0
    If only Aurier had a brain cell.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Dave Well-Known Member

Dave
    Ratings:
    +4,316 / 78 / -0
    Has to be 100% down to the manager. He simply tried being a clever coont. Toby rested for someone who hasnt played in weeks and a young kid who is very raw. It still didnt stop Lloris passing him the ball when under pressure either.

1 - 20 and 46-90 mins none of our players showed up. Poch took Son off who was our best player. He brings on Winks who is never going to change the game. Leaves a striker on the bench when we need goals.

And for the love of god, please dont let Aurier near a Spurs shirt when we play opposition who are half decent. May as well play Peters. He will make mistakes but Aurier is a fooking train crash.

We simply lacked technical ability when put under pressure.

Apart from 15 mins of madness from Arsenal, they were miles the better team. Another deserved stuffing at the Emirates.
    Dave,
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Just a Spurs fan Well-Known Member

Just a Spurs fan
    Ratings:
    +476 / 4 / -0

I mean, jesus! If you need a calm head, someone defensively well positioned, and doesn't become more erratic the noisier it gets. You ain't calling him.
  17. Binda Well-Known Member

Binda
    Ratings:
    +497 / 7 / -0
    Reading this did make me feel better. :D
    • Like Like x 1
  18. kayat Well-Known Member

kayat
    Ratings:
    +481 / 12 / -0
    Emery got early half time subs, and changed his plan.
    Poch didn't react fast enough.
    That's why we lose so much on second half. As simple as that.
  19. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,792 / 49 / -0
    Didnt see the game but managed to listen to most on a radio commentary, my long held belief of MP failing in the games that matter has shone through again , maybe he was influenced by the fact it was 3 tough games in a week, but then when we need goals late on he brings on a WB instead of a striker, ILlorente must be so disillusioned.
  20. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,087 / 124 / -0
    There was definitely one eye on Barcelona, both in the team selection and attitude...which is fine, but weigh up the long term gamble here, we handed Arsenal an advantage today, not only in this game but for the season.
    That was litterly the final nail in what was already a slim chance of the title, which isn’t too big of a issue, but we also are now chasing the pack in the top 4 race, just to give ourselves a slightly better chance of causing one of the biggest upsets in CL football next week....weigh up the gamble? My opinion is we should have given ourselves every option available to beat Arsenal today and worry about Barca tomorrow ...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Just a Spurs fan Well-Known Member

Just a Spurs fan
    Ratings:
    +476 / 4 / -0

Barca game isn't for another week and a half though. Saints midweek makes more sense for Foyth, if you rest Toby. Not today imo.
  22. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,087 / 124 / -0
    Well that makes it even more weird then.....I’m completely lost at times trying to work out why this club does things....if it ain’t spending the right money when we are only a few players away, it’s dropping one of our best players for our biggest game of the season.....
    However, would Toby have made a difference to the outcome? Probably not, as there were to many passengers today, Kane was dreadful, Alli looked confused as to why the game wasn’t the same as Chelsea, our fullbacks are complete melts, Sissoko ain’t no Dembele, he never will be, and Pochettino ain’t got a clue when the heat is on....
  23. Dave Well-Known Member

Dave
    Ratings:
    +4,316 / 78 / -0
    Llorente should just leave. He's no chance under Poch. Not only isnt he playing when we are desperate for a goal, he never replaces Kane either, who was absolute shite again today.
    Dave,
  24. Dave Well-Known Member

Dave
    Ratings:
    +4,316 / 78 / -0
    Spot on except i disagree with Toby. I dont think we lose that if he plays today. Absolute mental decision not to play him. It just smacked of Poch being too up himself and being too clever.

You have to play your best team in the big matches.
    Dave,
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. lillywhite Active Member

lillywhite
    Ratings:
    +81 / 4 / -0
    Foyth ??? is it because he's Argentinian.For the future yes, not a bloody important derby. Poch this is a derby and a bloody big one too. We deserved to lose no doubt about it. We looked poor, very poor. I look at it this way, we beat Chelsea, wer'e not better than them, they had a bad day so hopefully we just had a bad day today. We do have weaknesses and don't have the answers within the club, we need to buy, it was painfully obvious today. I know we don't have a penny to spend because of the ground expenditure but we do need to get money from somewhere for players, some are just not good enough. The league is already panned out: City, pool, Chelski and one of us two?? hopefully its us.
  26. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,026 / 28 / -0
    Interesting that for the majority of their attacks they came at us down the right side

Emery knew from his days at PSG that Aurier would struggle with what they did to him today.
  27. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,792 / 49 / -0
    Its a strange one, Llorente is a threat if you play him correctly, but MP wont change the way we play , btw MP said Foyth was one of the best players on the pitch today., if you take out his mistake.
  28. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,549 / 33 / -0
    Wasn't the team. Poch got schooled tactically and made subs 3 goals too lates.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,362 / 60 / -0
    Subs were bad but Foyth had no business playing
  30. helen7 Well-Known Member

helen7
    Ratings:
    +706 / 83 / -0
    Foyth actually had a very good game. Yes, he made a mistake but the real issue in defence was Aurier and Jan. Aurier looked tired as hell and after working his arse off against Inter and Chelsea its understandable. Jan was a disaster. Wrong game to bring him back for. He was very slow to pass the ball and his positioning often left Dier to cover for him.

Kane yet again was anonymous. Some good hold up play but he made no effort to close down their defence or keeper.

Lloris could have done for the equaliser. His position in the goal was poor and given Abamyangs (sp!) positioning he should have been covering that area of the goal.
    • Agree Agree x 2