paok

Discussion in 'Europa League Discussions' started by thfcire, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,815 / 33 / -0
    all you nutters post in here lol
  2. NI Yiddo New Member

NI Yiddo
    Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    This thread is now about Loukanikos

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
  3. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,670 / 13 / -0
    Isn't PAOK owned by Joe Lewis's company ?
  4. a-Balafas New Member

a-Balafas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    fyi.Loukanikos is a PAOK supporter :D
  5. rudi New Member

rudi
    Ratings:
    +1,961 / 0 / -0
    I can't find any link between them. In fact the ownership is still a bit murky. Previous shareholders kind of run the place but the massive debts that nearly did for them in the mid 2000s mean that financial matters are overseen by the municipality (the creditors, basically. Yeah, even they got a loan from their government...).

Nice kit too; seems familiar...

[​IMG]
    rudi,
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Okay, contrary to popular belief (i.e. PAOK fans) their team is not all that great. I'm having serious doubts about whether this Polish "ditch" of a right back is good enough to stop Gareth Bale, if Maicon couldn't handle him. (then again Phil Neville could :07:)

BUT, I don't think they were lying about one player- their tricky Portugese winger Vieirinha. I noticed him since I bought him on FIFA manager mode once.

This guy, (although it is the Greek league) was the player of the year for their league last year. He can cause us a lot of problems.

7. kyfwnidis New Member

kyfwnidis
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMpIfpxJNEg" target="_blank">

O
    LIVIERSORLEN aka commando: Best PAOK videos on youtube
  8. vag_ New Member

vag_
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    after the tremendous financial breakdown in the summer of 2007, Theodoros Zagorakis (PAOK Leshter and Bologna veteran and MVP of the Euro 2004 Captain of Greece National Team) assumed presidency of the club. He is now prezident with Zisis Vrizas (PAOK, Peruggia and Thelta Vigo veteran, ask someone Arsenal fan for him). there are NO owners of the club and all the budget is from the fans ans the usual sources.

for some basic information P.A.O.K. is an acronym of Panthessaloníkios Athlitikós Ómilos Konstantinoupolitón, the Pan-Thessalonian Athletic Club of Constantinopolitans and the succession of Hermes Sports Club, which was formed in 1875 by the Greek community of Pera, a district of Konstantinoupoli (Istanbul) .... so PLEASE put it with capitals on the title of the topic :)

and somethinh for the pajamas :)) you have at the end.... many of us want to kiil that fool who made those for this year.... we just love the black white stripes (Juventus or Newcastle type)
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
    vag_,
  9. rudi New Member

rudi
    Ratings:
    +1,961 / 0 / -0
    Those chants must just roll off the tongue.

Why the clustering f*ck would you rather look like Newcastle than Spurs (great forum to make such an observation, btw)?? That's like sleeping with Ronni Ancona while imagining she's Ronnie Corbett (that ought to make a lot of sense to our new Hellenic chums). The Geordies could come onto the pitch wearing red noses and riding one of those clown cars with square wheels and I wouldn't bat an eyelash...

Btw, Juventus' kit is actually pink and black. That black and white striped one they changed to? Thank Notts County (look them up); I'm not kidding.
    rudi,
    • Like Like x 1
  10. kyfwnidis New Member

kyfwnidis
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    There is a misunderstanding here, we don't want to rather look like Newcastle or Juventus, that's not our motive, we just want the original and traditional design back on our shirt which is the vertical black and white stripes. Vag was just trying to describe how PAOK's traditional shirt looks like.

Regarding Juventus, this reprehensible football club, how they got the black and white colours from Notts County is well known; however, I had the impression that their original colour was just pink and not pink and black (not 100% sure though).
  11. Aris New Member

Aris
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In a way you guys are lucky, the 8-2 Man Utd-Arsenal will overshadow your 1-5 loss to Man City :y15:.

Seriously though, hello from another PAOK fan. To respond to an arrogant - yet frank - post, the reason Greek fans pay so much attention to EL is that the Greek League is a huge pile of shit. You can't win anything unless your name is Olympiacos, since they control the Greek referees. Greek Superleague is rife with violence, corruption and lousy services for the fans. When we get the chance to play with teams like Tottenham, we make the best out of it, enjoying the fact that we can rub elbows with fans from the top leagues. My fellow fans have pretty much presented all there is to say about PAOK. I just want to wish everybody on both sides a good trip and a good game. Cheers.
    Aris,
  12. laos New Member

laos
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it is PAOK not paok guys
    (write PAOK with capitals vre complexares)
    laos,
  13. rudi New Member

rudi
    Ratings:
    +1,961 / 0 / -0
    It's all Greek to me, mush...
    rudi,
    • Like Like x 2
  14. ave4a New Member

ave4a
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What is the allocation of tickets that the guest teams usually receive in European games?
    We heard that PAOK will receive an allocation of 1800 tickets. Do you think we can get more?
  15. stratosthegreek New Member

stratosthegreek
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys!!!
    I think this group should be easy for us,but only if we are concentrated and transformed from our playing now.I don't know what Redknapp is going to do with UEL,and if he is going to rotate our squad in order to become better in EPL,but i think that we have a chance to go through the latter stages....
    Also,I'm going to provide you a review from PAOK Salonica,who in my opinion is going to be our major opponent for the 1st place.First of all,we have the first game in Toumba stadium,which is a very difficult issue to override,basically most of them treat like hooligans,droping bottles in corner kicks etc....!!!!Past season they reached 32 round,being dropped out from CSKA,but i think they deserved to win,they had been better in Moscow in snowy -20oC!!!!!This season they have a good coach,Lazlo Boloni besides their past Chavos who in truth was an assistant coach....Their team is almost the same,but added Lazar,a very good AM and Georgiadis,a nice prospect winger,with good pace but too weak and inexperinced.Kresic is the gk with good reflexes but unstable,their def is the best line with the leader Contreras and the strong but old and slow Cirillo.They have a problem with full backs,they are very aggresive,making mistakes in the def part(Lino,Etoo).Pablo Garcia is the DM,known to all of us,and despite being 36,he is in an excellent condition.Their striker is Athenasiadis,a hot prospect for greece,neither pacey nor strong,but he has an excellent scoring sense(something like Inzaghi).The last one is the only player that i think that can play in our squad,its Vieirinha,a world-class player for me,with excellent pace and dribbling,that can cut inside and shoot with either foot like Gerrard(its true,you will se it).Just to let you know his release clause is 15M.
    thats all from me,good luck to the team!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Thermosifonas New Member

Thermosifonas
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    :peace:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Erebos New Member

Erebos
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hope we have a good pair of games.Sad to hear that Crouch left for Stoke city.
  18. rudi New Member

rudi
    Ratings:
    +1,961 / 0 / -0
    That'll be you and.... erm..... that Clancy bird anyway...
    rudi,
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ave4a New Member

ave4a
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  20. liam Well-Known Member

liam
    Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Any spurs fans going out to this game will have a great time in theseloniki(spelling??). I am in the final part of a summer trip round Greece with salonika being my final destination. It is a lovely City with lots of students out n about creating a nice vibe in the bars and cafés. Also the food here is probably the best I have tried since being in greece, most taverns and restaurants are reasonably priced with great food and service. Its a shame I leave Greece on 5th Sep would have loved be here for the game but one of my good friends back in UK is from here and is PAOK fan so will enjoy watching with him. I will try and find out the names of the best places to go for drinks and post on here. I had lots of fun on the different boats at the port last night, they have bars on them and go out to sea for about 30mins and come back to shore for 30mins and do so all night. I would suggest checking this City out anyone thinking of going. Great City, great food if not so great but not bad football. Although ninis scored a great goal for the National team yesterday. Afharisto poli for the memories guys.
    liam,
  21. Leris_87 New Member

Leris_87
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I must say that i like our shirt this year, very stylish and elegant, and tottenham's also, dont like the blue on spurs shirt.
    The best stripe shirts is made by adidas, puma stripe shirts is a ****ing joke, so we must wait.
    Cant understand why you bought Crouch from the fist time, cause he runs many killometers:)o11:) you have The Russian Kavlichenko, why you sold Palacios?
    Huddlestone is better or he is just english. "head coach Martin Jol compared Tom Huddlestone with German legend Franz Beckenbauer due to his playmaking abilities".
    Smells like another big english flop. You have to sell him in the next 2 years before the flopping ability takes control.
  22. stratosthegreek New Member

stratosthegreek
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    "Kavlichenko" hahahahah.:y2::y2:

(Φιλαρακι αν ανεβω τουμπα δεν πιστευω να φυγω σηκωτος ε....?Οπως και να το κανουμε εχει τα ρισκα του)
  23. Leris_87 New Member

Leris_87
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Όχι ρε τι λες, ξες πόσες φορές έχω μπει 4 με φίλους Γαύρους και Άεκ, πλάκα κάνεις ποιος θα σε κάνει τι, μην ακούς μλκιες που λένε.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    Nothing personal guys but English please. We need everyone to be able to understand you, mods included. :eek:15:
  25. stratosthegreek New Member

stratosthegreek
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Np man....I've just asked him about some information for the game.....:y10:
    • Like Like x 1
  26. liam Well-Known Member

liam
    Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Good to see positive attitude from opposition fans. Nobody should be getting in any trouble and I'm sure the spurs will enjoy being in town.
    liam,
  27. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,670 / 13 / -0
    Not what you re saying, xes how many times I get 4 friends andanchovies IMG fun doing what I will do what, do not listen mlkies they say.

Really not much ......
  28. stratosthegreek New Member

stratosthegreek
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Lol!!!!It's not in fact pure Greek,but Thessaloellinika
    • Like Like x 1
  29. theoPAOK New Member

theoPAOK
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    For all Tottenham fans....
    Don't underestimate PAOK, for your own good ;)
    Although we are not a VERY big team with world class players,but we still can make you have "nightmares"..
    I know that your star is Bale..and he plays at the left side..so his opponent will either Sznauzner or 'Etto...
    The first one is Polish, not the best ATTACKING right back, as he rarely gets forward..
    But for me he is the best DEFENSIVE back, as no one can get past of him easily..and i am not joking..
    In the match agains Ajax for the CL playoffs, our right CB named Cirillo was awfull..so the Polish guy took care of both Suarez and Emanuelson...And he did pretty well...So don't underestimate him..
    The other guy, the brazilian one, Etto...ehm..what can i say..defensively..he sucks...i guess he is more to a right midlefield not a back...
    Now, our best defender is one of the best players in Chile..Pablo Contreras..
    What can i say about him..
    The best CB in Greece..
    He stops the impossible...even if your striker shoots and the ball is going into the net..don't celebrate..cuz theres a chance that HE will stop it...He has done it many times haha
    Your Strikers are Pavluchenko (something like that) and Defoe..am i right?
    Well.. its quite likely that our defense will stop them..
    They were able to stop Nilmar and Rossi against Vilarreal...
    On the right side, you have Lennon..he have Lino..
    Lucky for us, Lino is back again to his normal condition and plays really well...
    With the help of Vieirinha we can stop Lennon..

Now Midlefields..
    Van der Vaart i heard is not playing...Lucky for us..
    I think we can cope with your middlefield too...
    We got one of the best DM in Greece, Pablo Garcia..
    Although he is old, he is in really good condition..Just to let you know, he is our "Xavi"...
    We also have our new singing Costin Lazar..Really good playmaker...
    The other one is Diego Arias..not somthing great, not something awefull...

Our SUPERSTAR..Adelino Vieirinha...Blackburn wanted to buy him...but hi is NOT FOR SALE...only if you can pay 15m € for his minimum release clause..Otherwise ..:p
    Well...He is really fast, clever, strong, he can shoot with both feet....and if you want to be safe. just don't let him shoot... He can find target from whatever distance he shoot...and if you give him some space...Bye bye hehe
    The only thing i am wondering is...why hasn't he played to the Portugal national team...Ok, Ronaldo plays at his position...and then who? Nani? OK, he is good..but i don't think theres much difference between them...

The right winger is Salpingidis... Not good techique or cross but he is fast and experienced...He helps with defence too...and he is quite good there...
    Not a "killer" but he can make an impact if he play as he can..

Our Striker..
    He is not a "hot prospect" as many call him, cuz he is 22y.o..
    Although he can still learn a lot..
    He is not that fast, but he has quite good techique..
    And he also has what a Striker needs.. Killer instict..
    He is something like Inzaghi...

I tell you all this just to let you know something about us...
    In my opinion, you will be 1st, we 2nd and then rubin 3rd and shamrock 4th....

Have fun and take care guyz..

His last goal in the first fixtrure of the Greek Superleague (known as Soupaleague cuz it sucks...)

Welcome in HELL ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  30. stratosthegreek New Member

stratosthegreek
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion, you will be 1st, we 2nd and then rubin 3rd and shamrock 4th....

I totally agree w/ him as is I said in my post here "01-09-2011, 11:22 PM".....We shouldn't underestimate them especially here in Toumba stadium,but I suppose Harry is going to rest some lads due to the EPL....It's the matter that now,after transfers,we don't have a ****ing depth in our squad:y14:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.