peoples attitudes

Discussion in 'Europa League Discussions' started by seantheyid, Apr 5, 2011.

1. seantheyid New Member

seantheyid
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Tonight was the night we got taught a lesson.... but by the second best team in the world. I think we need to all think about it here, it was a poor performance but all this slating of the team is undeserved. Quarter finals of the cl. Couldn't of even dreamt of that. Let's just lay off the team.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Morecambe Yid New Member

Morecambe Yid
    Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -0
    second that

We were taught a lesson, but didn't deserve 4-0, the lads played well with only 10 men, let's see what happens next week
  3. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,661 / 12 / -1
    To be honest this is no different to any Saturday where we dont win.

To many "fans" who don't know what its like to be a spurs fan at the bottom of the league.

But also it has to be remembered that Crouch and Jenas + VDV probably deserve some grief for their performances. VDV less so though due to a severe lack of fitness.

The rest of the lads could not have done any more tonight though and I think we were very unlucky to lose by 4.
  4. rudi New Member

rudi
    Ratings:
    +1,961 / 0 / -0
    I'm thoroughly depressed yet incredibly proud to be a Spurs fan.

So, just like the previous 30-odd years then...
    rudi,
  5. seantheyid New Member

seantheyid
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Crouch deserved his sending off... but if that was in the premier league, i dont believe he would've got it. Marcelo and ramos did seem to make the most of the challenges.

But i agree. I personally haven't been around for the years you have been (not saying you're old ;)) but any real spurs fan can see, we were unlucky tonight and should be appreciative of what harry's brought us.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. harrys lovechild Well-Known Member

harrys lovechild
    Ratings:
    +1,401 / 0 / -0
    im so proud to be a spurs fan, win lose or draw, i remember us in div 2 as it was then, going to places like mansfield and the like,

every thing that could go wrong did tonight,
  7. Tottenham94 New Member

Tottenham94
    Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Finally voices of reason return to the board, i never knew how negative people could be about a team they support or players in the team...
  8. River Founder Founder

River
    Ratings:
    +4,517 / 9 / -0
    I dont think Crouch and Jenas should be totally blamed for this match............................................................they are worthy of being blamed most matches.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. DUBCAT New Member

DUBCAT
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    HERE HERE! We did well tonight didnt get any luck apart from they only got the four.

Lets catch City and come back stronger next year.
  10. 'Nixspur Well-Known Member

'Nixspur
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 0 / -0
    I'm still wearing my Spurs shirt to work, still proud as anything.

If you're bagging on the team at the moment, you can go fook yourself, as far as I'm concerned.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. US_Spurs_Fan Well-Known Member

US_Spurs_Fan
    Ratings:
    +431 / 0 / -0
    Really just confirmation of what we already knew.... we don't have a striker capable of taking the team to the next level. Can't really say much about the 10 guys that played the game, it was over after Crouchie started acting a fool.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Tottenham94 New Member

Tottenham94
    Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Agree. Wearing mine to college, you support Spurs for life, not just when it's going well.
  13. Papa_Pepper New Member

Papa_Pepper
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Love my team. Incredibly proud of the lads but Crouch can go fook himself :y15:
  14. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 42 / -0
    Well I'll certainly be the last to slate the team, I thought most of them were magnificant. I just get ticked off at lapses of concentration like getting sent off for two bookbable offences in the first 14 mins.
  15. David New Member

David
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Fellas if we want the glory glory days back at the lane year in year out we have to stop being so naive. Im extreamly proud of how tottenahm have played in there 1st season in the CL but to put so much effort in, to then blow it on a dreadfull defensive set piece then Crouchie do what he did is just rediculas & has cost us a place in the semis. The reason y so many fans are very upset & are looking to blame individuals is that we all had a feeling that Madrid(if we came away with a 1 goal defesit) were there for the taking. 3pts sat or this season is bye bye all be it how amazing the team has played.
  16. JJohns Active Member

JJohns
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Still proud of the guys, and not disappointed really that much in their performance, as I don't feel we deserved that scoreline.

I'm very glad to see this thread full of positivity, was so tired of all the negativity after the last EPL game.

Let's go back to WHL and give 'em a nice fight at it! I don't care if we win or lose, I'll be proud of Spurs.
  17. dkmHotspur Active Member

dkmHotspur
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Dawson is pure class, i love the guy. We may be hurting but so are they guys maybe even more than us. Dawson wouldn't blame anyone and just thanked the fans for being everywhere this season no matter the result or the weather. I sure love the guy. We will move on fella's we can either dwell on the past and sit inside eating a lot of ice cream or we can get back out there, and if any fans give you stick, just laugh in their faces and tell them we had a fun run! The Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal fans have all forgotten that it is a privilege to be in the Champions League, and I think some of us have also.
  18. Tott_BeBop Well-Known Member

Tott_BeBop
    Ratings:
    +421 / 0 / -0
    ...i dont even know where to start with this to be honest, im just deprerssed.
  19. Monty30 New Member

Monty30
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very Proud of the team apart from 1 or 2. Defoe made no difference he is a poacher his best work is around the box, with a man down and hardly a sniff in the opposition goal there was no point in bringing him on it was like playing with 9men. Should have kept VDV on and tried very hard to shut up shop.
    Just wished it was 2-0 and at least leave us with a belief but with our last 4games in the premiership what belief is there and a realization that we may not beat Stoke at Home what realization do we have to overcome Real Madrid 4-0, game over ..........
  20. Jammy_Jae New Member

Jammy_Jae
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    i'm beyond disappointed but i still love the mighty spurs! i find us spurs fans are the most downbeat fans in the land! when 1st i first started following spurs in '95 (when i was 7) people would be like "why u like spurs for?" now tottenham are a club with CL status! it's great to follow tottenham at the moment, enjoy the ride...

we're (most likely) done for in the CL sure, but the lads need all our support with he run up for 4th place, i want us to redeem ourselves in the CL next season!
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  21. YankSpur New Member

YankSpur
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I feel "gutted" as Michael Dawson so aptly put it in the post-match interview, but I'm not angry as I might have been as a younger fan. It only takes a look at recent history to see that this entire CL story has been a real gift to all of us, and to knock off two excellent Italian clubs in the process was a fine bonus. Real grabbed a somewhat flukey goal to open, and I'd say there was some luck in the last as a defender obscured Ronaldo's shot from Gomes's view. The middle two were obviously of top class, and at full strength a 2-0 result would have been easy to accept. I must say though, I am angry with Crouchy for his complete lack of discipline. Two totally needless challenges from a player with as much experience in big occasions as anyone else in the side. As a result, we as fans of an exciting, attacking club were then forced to watch as 10 men tried to park the bus in front of the net. Kudos to the rest of the boys who fought tooth and nail to keep it respectable. Perhaps the only silver lining is that we can start to truly focus on winning some games in the PL and making a go for fourth, though it will be serious undertaking.
  22. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    Let me be angry lol:p nothing wrong with your statement but these all nice and giddy threads are as bad as the threads calling for players and managers heads.

This mistake by Crouch I believe will last a lifetime:p get used to it and move on:).
    Javi,
  23. alexgn New Member

alexgn
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I am disappointed when Spurs loose. Just as fatboy I've seen it all before.
    Call me a bad yid and I've been supporting Spurs for a long time and will be with Spurs long after Harry is gone and current players retire or move elsewhere but I didn't see us beating Real in Madrid. Whatever people were saying before the game about us playing better against big teams in Europe while struggling picking up the points against weaker teams in the league if your team is not in a good form and your best players are not playing well it is very difficult to win anywhere.

I was hoping for a draw or a loss by a single goal and an away goal but now we need to score 4 goals in the return leg. If Real score a goal which they can then we need to score at least 6 .
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  24. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,653 / 13 / -0
    It seems to square the circle that the player who got us into the CL also was responsible for getting us knocked out .
  25. bradders Legend!

bradders
    Ratings:
    +916 / 0 / -0
    tbh i am gutted and depressed and laughing and all sorts, men in white coats will be here in a minute. i think the biggest mistake last night was arry bringing defoe on, that to me was a schoolboy error, we were down to 10 and although needed the break we wasn't as bad as the second half. defoe is a poacher who needs to hang around near the box which we did not need when down to 10 imho. oh well we can get 5 at the lane. BRING IT ON. COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  26. harrys lovechild Well-Known Member

harrys lovechild
    Ratings:
    +1,401 / 0 / -0
    i remember steve perryman getting sent of against madrid, i was there when liverpool hammered us at anfield, i remember leading against man city then collapsing, i remember loads of other really low points in our history, but as ever i will look forward to the next game , it not that i dont care it just i know that in 10 years time i will still be loud and proud about the greatest team in my life, i will argue for us down the pub, i will fall out with my misses, i will still get to as many games as i can, results matterto me but not as much as the club itself, i love the place, the atmosphere, the buzz, the strip, the bits you can buy in the shop , im a proud spurs fan and nothing, no nothing will change that, not even getting done 4-0 in madrid, this morning, i been out and about wearing my centinary jumper from 1982, and im still proud of what my club has achieved,
    • Like Like x 2
  27. seanydee New Member

seanydee
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I wonder how many 'fans' who have slated Crouch after last night were thinking the same things when he scored the winner at Eastlands last season,or his hat-trick at home against Young Boys or the winner at the San Siro all of which were major contributions to us even being at the Bernabeu last night.