Player Rating (H) Aston Villa 21 November 2011

Discussion in 'Match Day Chat' started by Heroes, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,455 / 0 / -0
  2. IH8GOONS New Member

IH8GOONS
    Ratings:
    +236 / 0 / -0
    3. Modric
    2. Bale
    1. Kaboul

Also VDV, king and lennon played very well. Ade held it up well but should have got a few more tbh.

[MENTION=4008]HeroesComesandGoes[/MENTION] can i ask why you always say '[MENTION=6880]iwantpie[/MENTION] FYI' lol
  3. Iconic Drei I am the Drei of all the Icons

Iconic Drei
    Ratings:
    +1,638 / 0 / -0
    3. Modric.
    2. Ade
    1. Bale
  4. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,455 / 0 / -0
    [MENTION=7946]IH8GOONS[/MENTION] - Sure, because, he's the one who will be counting up all of the scores :302:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,784 / 21 / -0
    3.parker
    2.ade
    1.bale
  6. Musashi Well-Known Member

Musashi
    Ratings:
    +997 / 0 / -0
    3 - Adebayor
    2 - Bale
    1 - Modric
  7. Tottenham-ManU New Member

Tottenham-ManU
    Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    3-ade
    2-bale
    1-kaboul
  8. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    3 modric by far the best should have some assists for goals tonight
    2 adebayor great play but missed some more goals
    1 lennon great runs and crosses

everyone else was good as well tho....
  9. boo Staff Member

boo
    Ratings:
    +5,816 / 15 / -0
    3 pts: Modric

2 pts: Kaboom

1 pt: Adebayor
    boo,
  10. perstrame Well-Known Member

perstrame
    Ratings:
    +567 / 0 / -0
    3 - Adebayor: Worked his ass off all game. Defensively, yes defensively, he was working so hard!

2 - Parker: Machine.

1 - Modric: Controlled the game today.

Honourable mentions to VDV, Walker, BAE, Bale, King, Kaboul.
  11. Spurs_1882 New Member

Spurs_1882
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    3 - Adebayor
    2 - Modric
    1 - Kaboul
  12. melbourne_spur Well-Known Member

melbourne_spur
    Ratings:
    +287 / 0 / -0
    3 - Adebayor
    2 - Bale
    1 - Parker
  13. CmonyouSpurs Well-Known Member

CmonyouSpurs
    Ratings:
    +1,585 / 0 / -0
    3 - Ade
    2 - Modric
    1 - Bale
  14. nssmuckers New Member

nssmuckers
    Ratings:
    +1,512 / 0 / -0
    3 - Modric : BY A ****ING MILE. 89/100 passes completed, 45/48 in the first ****ing half. It was a masterful performance, avoided tackles, kept the ball, made a few good tackles and interceptions of his own, just brilliant.

2 - Bale : His touch and passing were brilliant, and his delivery was fantastic. Dude is back in top form and it's terrifying. Two right backs on his side and he was still unplayable. Okay fine, Hutton doesn't count.

1 - Adebayor: Great first goal, in the right spot to get the second. Worked his ass off all game and though he should have scored at least one or two more he is an incredible part of our attack whether or not he finds the back of the net

Honorable mentions? Everyone else. Lennon was excellent, defense was mostly flawless, Parker had some incredibly important interventions. A great performance, but Villa should be ashamed. Friedel was only tested once and did well after probably catching up on his AARP subscription for most of the game.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  15. mat403 New Member

mat403
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    1. Ade
    2. Bayor
    3. Adebayor
    It has been a long time, we have a real striker (not attacking mid) who can convert more than 1 goals.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  16. Ptolemy New Member

Ptolemy
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    3. Modric - had some amazing passes - Would love to see more players playing his game. No difficult passes when not needed. Barca-style!
    2. Parker - what a beast! Him and Modders are such a good couple on the midfield.
    1. Adebayor - Works hard, two goals. We got what we asked for.
  17. EliteKiller Well-Known Member

EliteKiller
    Ratings:
    +897 / 1 / -0
    Amazing how so many people haven't got Parker in the top 3, another fantastic performance and we all accept it as "normal" his stats 88-82-6 that's 93% successful are even better than Luca's 100-89-11 89% .... add the tackles and blocks and it was another hell of a game. Ledley 52-49-3 and won every tackle he made was also superb despite the lack of Villa attacks, and of course Ade with two goals (but maybe he should have had four) and the fantastic stats for any striker 38-32-6 ....

3 - Parker
    2 - Modric
    1 - King
    • Like Like x 1
  18. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    3. Modric : what a performance. Best CM outside of Barcelona.

2: Bale : Absolutely roasted their right side all game. What pace and a great cross as well. 2 assists, can't argue with that.

1: Adebayor. Scored 2 and was involved all night. Could have had 6 but it's a work in progress.

Kaboul was awesome, as was BAE. VDV and Parker were very good as well, in fact I don't think anyone really had a poor game. Lennon even took on some players!

-10000000000: Alex McLeish. His tactics were abysmal. We had something like 70% possession at one point, absolutely mind-blowing. Don't park the bus against us...
  19. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    but thats nothing new ! :D :D :D
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Maro New Member

Maro
    Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Choosing only 3 would be unfair to other players. Whole team played great tonight. But as the thread wants me a top3;

3-Adebayor
    2-Parker
    1-Modric
    Maro,
  21. mattyvw Well-Known Member

mattyvw
    Ratings:
    +529 / 1 / -0
    3-ade just worked his arse off. 2-modric(get your cheque book out Danny) 1-kaboul he's coming of age. Can't see gallas or daws taking his place. Well done 1-11 Danny give us the funds to kicks us on and keep our better players. Please!
  22. USpur Well-Known Member

USpur
    Ratings:
    +1,284 / 5 / -0
    Can I just give the squad a 3? If not...

3 - Parker
    2 - Modric
    1- Ade
  23. luminoir Well-Known Member

luminoir
    Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    3-parker
    2-Adebayor
    1- VDV
  24. nssmuckers New Member

nssmuckers
    Ratings:
    +1,512 / 0 / -0
    All this says is that we had too many players to choose from for top 3. Parker was nearly flawless, you're correct, but we probably had 6 performances that would have been 3 points on any other day. I gave Modric the edge over Parker because he's spraying passes around the pitch with the outside of his boots like it's nothing. They were both immense. If I could I would have given them a collective 3 points because they were quite simply perfect together.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  25. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +2,294 / 16 / -0
    3 Parker - He is so important to us atm
    2 Kaboul - Cant believe Im saying this but he played well tonight
    1 Ade
  26. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,513 / 3 / -0
    3. Modric
    2. Parker
    1. Ade
  27. iwantpie Well-Known Member

iwantpie
    Ratings:
    +651 / 0 / -0
    I know the opposition were poor but that is the best team performance I've seen from us all season and I echo the sentiment of others on this thread that it seems unfair to pick only three out. I did it anyway but I've put a note on every other player beneath that as some attempt at recognition.

3 - Kaboul. I know it seems ridiculous to give three points to a defender in a game where we had no defending to do BUT did we have no defending to do or did it just look like it? Younes was imperious tonight both in the air and on the deck and used the ball very well going forward. He's really stepping up to the next level now.
    2 - Modric. Whisper it but I agree with Gary Neville. Modric ran the game today and should have ended with a couple of assists for those through balls to Bale and Adebayor. Showed some grit with some great tackles too.
    1 - Lennon. For me this is a point that recognises Lennon's improvement as much as tonight's performance. He looks like a different player to the one a month ago and seemed much, much happier to take on his man. He links up really well with Bale too when they end up in the same area of the park.

So, to the others.

Friedel - A calming influence at the back who dealt well with a few difficult crosses and controlled his back four superbly.
    Walker - Didn't get as much chance to attack as in games where the opposition comes at us more but still contributed and kept Agbonlahor quiet on that side.
    King - Faultless as per usual. Like Parker, King's performances are in danger of not getting the recognition they deserve because he is so consistently impressive.
    Assou-Ekotto - His passing, particularly his long-passing, was top notch tonight and I'm pleased to see him getting forward and attacking the opposition's flank more this season as his dribbling and crossing are both great. What's up with the 'fro though? Is it Huddlestone solidarity?
    Bale - Probably should have got Lennon's point really as he tore every single Villa player he came up against a new one. I'm impressed with the way he's learning to play differently and move to find space when he's double-teamed or closely marked.
    Parker - Outstanding in every phase of the park. Could well be our most important player at the moment. He's so good that when he does something wrong, like misplace a pass, it's a shock to be reminded that he's human after all.
    Van der Vaart - Nothing too spectacular today but he moved and passed the ball exceptionally well and the one long ball he whipped in for Adebayor's miscued volley was sublime. Really looks much fitter and sharper than last season. Poor old JD!
    Adebayor - A great finish for the first and in the right place for the second but missed a couple more sitters, hence why he doesn't get points. I was, ironically, most impressed today though not with his attacking play but his defensive work-rate, chasing the ball everywhere. He's also much faster than I thought he was.
  28. THFCWill i love mister ed and can not lie lol

THFCWill
    Ratings:
    +974 / 0 / -0
    3 - Modric
    2 - Ade
    1 - Parker
  29. StPaulSpur Well-Known Member

StPaulSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,690 / 0 / -0
    3 - Modric. Just a delight to watch, the way he jinks and pokes the ball around the field. Astonishingly brilliant.
    2 - Adebayor. Finally got the goals he's been deserving for several weeks. Solid game, easily could've had two more goals but for one bad miss and one class save by Given. But what makes Adebayor one of my favorites is that he's a complete player. His primary job is to score goals, but he creates chances, he tracks back, he holds up play... top class player.
    1 - Bale. Was buzzing around all over today, even when they tried marking him with two players. Fantastic cross on the second goal, and I believe he assisted on the first as well.

Honorable mention - Man, where do you begin? Kaboul was immense, showed incredible pace to track back and break up one of Villa's counters (I think he chased down Agbonlahor). Parker was his characteristically brilliant self, King was an anchor. Friedel was solid, Azza continued his good form. Rafa looked dangerous... man, what a team. And we aren't even seeing Sandro, Huddlestone, Dawson, Kranjcar, or Defoe get regular minutes. I'm so excited to see where this team goes. Honestly, is there a single game left - save at City - that is unwinnable? City is the only match we have left where it's acceptable to aim for a draw, in my opinion.
  30. Modric level 25 magician Well-Known Member

Modric level 25 magician
    Ratings:
    +421 / 1 / -0
    3 modric
    2 adebayor
    3 parker

kaboul, bale, rafa, azza, king, and walker all played well too.

[MENTION=7449]AmericanHotspur[/MENTION] we had 81% in the first 15 minutes