Pre match Q&A Birmingham (A) 30.1.2010

Discussion in 'Pre Match Interviews' started by SionTHFCRoberts, Jan 28, 2010.

1. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    get em in!
  2. Swanny New Member

Swanny
    Ratings:
    +604 / 0 / -0
    What do you put your recent good form down to.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    do u think u are now genuine challengers for europe or will u be happy to settle for a mid table finish with no relegation worries!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CorLuka Modric New Member

CorLuka Modric
    Ratings:
    +351 / 0 / -0
    How many players short are you of being genuine top 6 contenders, if you aren't already?

Were you expecting Mcleish to be as succesful as he has been?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kevfball63 Banned !

kevfball63
    Ratings:
    +879 / 0 / -0
    Its quite refreshing to see that your squad has plenty of English blood running through it , how do you think you can keep it that way with the price of homegrown talent set to rise with the new rulings .
    • Like Like x 1
  6. CmonyouSpurs Well-Known Member

CmonyouSpurs
    Ratings:
    +1,619 / 0 / -0
    Your opinions on the Carson Yeung takeover? How has it gone until now? In the long term, how much better do you think he will be that Gold & Sullivan and how much more detrimental will he be to your future success?

How do you think your former owners will do at West Ham?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. spurs liam 24 New Member

spurs liam 24
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    if ur form carrys on do u think u will be able to keep hold of ur best players in the summer ?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,471 / 38 / -1
    Are you a tad gutted that Villa are sooooooooo much better than you?

Do you have any naked pics of Karren Brady?

And would ya?
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Roscono3 champions league vip Moderator

Roscono3
    Ratings:
    +5,992 / 13 / -0
    When is you team going to bid enough money for our russian pavlyuchenko?

And do you think he'll be a good signing for you guys?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Swanny New Member

Swanny
    Ratings:
    +604 / 0 / -0
    If Jerome is in such good form why are there rumours of you buying Pav from us and how will you play them both in the same team? Pav won't come to sit on the bench and Jerome will be well pissed off if he isn't playing every week
    • Like Like x 1
  11. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,815 / 33 / -0
    if we dropped abomb on you lot would you notice any differance{waiting for brum to hit the roof}ha ha
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Spurs4life93 New Member

Spurs4life93
    Ratings:
    +346 / 0 / -0
    Whats the atmosphere down like at St. Andrews?

Would u welcome Pavlyuchenko as ur 'grand' signing?

What are ur ambitions for these season, Europe?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Lilywhite74 Moderator

Lilywhite74
    Ratings:
    +4,228 / 8 / -0
    will you please tell your goons to refrain from breaking Modric's leg this time around?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BrumSpur Well-Known Member

BrumSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,742 / 3 / -0
    Roof duly hit!! :angry:

When was the last time you visited my home city, Ire?

Get your sorry Irish ass over here, before you start casting aspersions and planning to incinerate the place!

And no bombs, please. The IRA tried that one, back in 1974 - and it wasn't nice!:(

Sorry for drifting horribly off topic, but the Irishman was asking for it! :761:
  15. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,815 / 33 / -0
    ive been there a few times brum,only for matches though,sure the place is full of paddys anyway haha.i was only born in 1974 so it wasnt me honest.i knew that would get you going pmsl ahha
  16. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    soz guys the brum forum is takin the piss, been trying to register for a couple of days no confermation :(
  17. kevfball63 Banned !

kevfball63
    Ratings:
    +879 / 0 / -0
    There must be more than 1 surely ???
  18. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    ye m8 there is but some forums had there last post a week ago :L
  19. kevfball63 Banned !

kevfball63
    Ratings:
    +879 / 0 / -0
    You've tried kickin the door in and it aint worked = Better to just let this one slide mate ..........................!!!
  20. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    yes got accepted :) will be up later, could be after the game, im sorry again.
  21. BatchSpurs Well-Known Member

BatchSpurs
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Look forward to readin em, I think the Brummies are the team that have shocked me the most this season (Liverpool and Burnley arent far off like!)
  22. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +2,336 / 16 / -0
    Im not sure they can sustain the run they"ve had, they make themselves hard to breakdown but at some stage , they will need a Plan B
  23. BatchSpurs Well-Known Member

BatchSpurs
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    True, and I think the same (a la Hull last year). But still, for them to be going in to Feb safe from relegation and even considering Europe, McLeish deserves some credit
  24. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +2,336 / 16 / -0
    I also think todays result will influence wether PAV goes to BHAM
  25. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    What do you put your recent good form down to.?
    New owners. Soild defence. Well organised. Work hard.

do u think u are now genuine challengers for europe or will u be happy to settle for a mid table finish with no relegation worries!
    I think we are still a bit short for europe. I will be happy with around 10th.

How many players short are you of being genuine top 6 contenders, if you aren't already?
    Probably a full back winger and 2 forwards.

No. I expected us to be scrapping down the bottom, although i didnt expect us to get relegated.

Its quite refreshing to see that your squad has plenty of English blood running through it , how do you think you can keep it that way with the price of homegrown talent set to rise with the new rulings
    I dont think we will if im honest. I think english players cost too much. I can see us bringing in more and more foregin players.

Your opinions on the Carson Yeung takeover? How has it gone until now? In the long term, how much better do you think he will be that Gold & Sullivan and how much more detrimental will he be to your future success?
    It has been very good so far. I think if we can expand in China then we can become a much bigger club. Has to be more succsessfull than gold and sully.

Probably better than us. I think at there age they will be more likley to pump money into the club. Its also the club they support.

if your form carrys on do u think u will be able to keep hold of your best players in the summer ?
    Other than Joe hart, yes. I cant see hart signing for us but the others I can see being there. I can see Dann and Johnson attracting some attention if they continue they way they are playing.

If Jerome is in such good form why are there rumours of you buying Pav from us and how will you play them both in the same team? Pav won't come to sit on the bench and Jerome will be well peeved off if he isn't playing every week
    We only have Jerome and Chucho upfront. I think Pav would start. Jerome isnt too great and many blues fans think he is rubbish.

getting better. Sold out our last 2 games and it was great. Probably have an attendence of about 27,000 on saturday.

I dont think he would be a grand signing. I think we will sign bigger players in the summer. I would take him as our big signing now.

What do you think about redknapp and his style of managment?
    I think he is a good manager. Did well at pompey. I think he will do well with you.

If there was a BCFC 5 a side, who would be in it?
    Hart, Johnson, Bowyer, Jerome, Chucho

If you could have 3 players from spurs who would thay be?
    Lennon, Defoe, Ledley King (if fit)

Final score?
    1-1
  26. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    we are currently playing well above ourselves and that is due to the tremendous work ethic amongst the players, they have belief and are confident on the ball.

We are not really concerned about a europe spot, and the fans would settle for safety this season and push on next season, although the players seem to think differently.

Alex M'cleish is a fine manager, he is honest as the day is 24 hours, he likes british players, but if we need to sign a foreign player it won't be a problem, we have just signed a spanish player who will be a good asset to the team.

The new owners are fantastic and show emotion during the game, they are truly football nuts.
    They are very keen to get us up there with the big boys, and hopefully one day that will happen.

Our last owners took us as far as they could, the only real thing we can thank them for is leaving us with no debts, so thanks for that, but they made a massive profit selling the club, and will do the same at west ham hoping some foreigners come in and buy it.

Jerome is young and still learning his first touch is poor and is working on it, he would be the first to understand that he is a squad player.

I would take lennon, jenas, and maybe modric.

i think today will be a tough game a draw most likely, but hopefully a blues win.
  27. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    What do you put your recent good form down to.?
    A combination of superb team spirit, tactical awareness of McCleish, an unchanged side which includes a really tight defensive unit. Overall... hard work from everyone involved.

I'd be happy to avoid relegation and then build on that for next season. Realistically, mid table would be about right - Europe would be a bonus but, IMO, we're not quite ready yet.

Probably 4/5 players short - A good, proven goalscorer (who doesn't need one of those?) and another striker - an attacking midfielder, left winger/midfielder and possibly a left back.

He had a good pedigree although unproven at this level (Premiership). I certainly wasn't expecting us to do so well this season - but have always felt McCleish has loads of ability.

Its quite refreshing to see that your squad has plenty of English blood running through it , how do you think you can keep it that way with the price of homegrown talent set to rise with the new rulings
    Development of a robust youth policy and academy - and Carson Yeung's cash!

To be honest, it's like a dark cloud has been lifted from St Andrews. Sulivan/Golds did a great job in resurecting the infrastructure and moving us to the next level - so no complaints. But I feel that Yeung's team, together with his far east (particularly Chinese) connections, we will now have the financial strength which, under the previous regime, wasn't always provided when it was really needed.

They will keep a tight hold on the reigns and maintain West Ham's financial stability. Whether they will really invest the money needed remains to be seen.

if your form carrys on do u think u will be able to keep hold of your best players in the summer ?
    Yes... but as with any club, every player has his price!

If Jerome is in such good form why are there rumours of you buying Pav from us and how will you play them both in the same team? Pav won't come to sit on the bench and Jerome will be well peeved off if he isn't playing every week
    Jerome is still developing as a player and doesn't hit the sprout bag as often as he should. All squads need 3-4 quality strikers... as things stand at this time we have 2 relaitively young strikers who lack real quality. McCleish has an uncanny knack of keeping players happy so bench warming won't be an isssue for Jerome.

When the mood is top the place rocks! Being a relatively small and compact stadium the atmosphere can be electric and intimidating for visiting teams. However, we can be frustratingly quiet at times... a bit of a legacy from the continual 'fan knocking' that was dished out by Mr Sullivan.

Yes. He's a proven goal scorer and would add some quality to our front line.

What do you think about redknapp and his style of managment?
    The man is a legend IMO. I always liked Harry from his West Ham days... wherever he has gone he's instilled belief in (sometimes average) players and is tactically sharp. I love the guy.. his attitude is first class... never makes excuses and is blunt and honest. With the talent and infrastructure at the Lane, the future has to be bright under Redknapp

If there was a BCFC 5 a side, who would be in it?
    Hart, Johnson, Fergusson, Fahey and Benitez

If you could have 3 players from spurs who would thay be?
    As things stand (where our weaknesses are) and, based on personal preference, it would be Bale, Huddlestone and Defoe for me

Final Score?
    I never predict the score... even though it's 0-0 at half time as I write this!
  28. BatchSpurs Well-Known Member

BatchSpurs
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    They'd take Jenas off us no questions but can't make their mind up about Modric?!?!?!

WTF r they on?!!!