Q&A Inter Milan (2 November 2010)

Discussion in 'Europa League Discussions' started by Heroes, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 0 / -0
    On behalf of the VIP team, sorry that these Q&A's haven't been posted regularly. With myself returning from a vacation and Roscono3 getting married, it's been hard to get any regularity.

Anyway, questions for Inter Milan fans by 27 October 2010, please?

(by the way it's an English speaking forum, so no language barrier there)
  2. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,451 / 36 / -0
    How do you game plan for Bale in this match? Do changes need to be made to ensure there is no repeat performance by him?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. River Founder Founder

River
    Ratings:
    +4,520 / 9 / -0
    Since you are European Champions do you feel that you played good enough ( out side of the first 16 mins ) against a very poor spurs second team with 10 men or do you think that you relaxed a little too much thinking that you had done the job , and do you think you'll come away with 3 points at the lane ?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,451 / 36 / -0
    How has Rafa fit in to the way you are used to playing football? Is he the right manager to ensure that you all keep winning trophies?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. steelktm New Member

steelktm
    Ratings:
    +673 / 0 / -0
    Who do you think will be coming out of our Group?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,797 / 6 / -0
    So most of you are Itallian. Gutting, eh?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,451 / 36 / -0
    Pizza or Pasta?
  8. BatchSpurs Well-Known Member

BatchSpurs
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Berlusconi; true or false?
  9. River Founder Founder

River
    Ratings:
    +4,520 / 9 / -0
    Tubes or Rocket ?
    • Like Like x 2
  10. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,797 / 6 / -0
    Silks or Tekkers?
  11. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,670 / 13 / -0
    Ferrari , Maserati or Lamborghini ?
  12. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    How do you feel about the match at the Lane after playing us in your territory what do you think your key strategy would be?

Did Inter really have interest in Giovanni Dos Santos?

How do you think Rafa has been able to manage the club? Does the team see more of a future with him?
    Javi,
    • Like Like x 1
  13. luminoir Well-Known Member

luminoir
    Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    will you please buy jenas?
  14. edmonds44 Well-Known Member

edmonds44
    Ratings:
    +785 / 3 / -0
    who do you consider your main threat when you come to WHL? Bale VdV Modric etc?

us as spurs fans we're relatively happy with the final part of the game (bale scoring 3 goals, and not conceding any in the second half) are you as inter fans and Champions league winners happy with a 4-3 win or do you think you underperformed?

Other than the obvious Bale are there any other players you have been linked with from the English Premier League?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 0 / -0
    Questions posted. I have added a few of my own:

1. How do you game plan for Bale in this match? Do changes need to be made to ensure there is no repeat performance by him?

2. Since you are European Champions do you feel that you played good enough ( out side of the first 16 mins ) against a very poor spurs second team with 10 men or do you think that you relaxed a little too much thinking that you had done the job , and do you think you'll come away with 3 points at the lane?

3. How has Rafa fit in to the way you are used to playing football? Is he the right manager to ensure that you all keep winning trophies?

4. Who do you think will qualify from Group A?

5. How do you feel about the match at the Lane after playing us in your territory what do you think your key strategy would be?

6. who do you consider your main threat when you come to WHL? Bale Van der Vaart Modric etc?

7. us as spurs fans we're relatively happy with the final part of the game (bale scoring 3 goals, and not conceding any in the second half) are you as inter fans and Champions league winners happy with a 4-3 win or do you think you underperformed?

8. What will be the line-up for Inter Milan next Tuesday?

9. Predictions for the game?

10. Was Inter Milan right to sell Mario Balotelli?
    • Like Like x 1
  16. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,451 / 36 / -0
    Well done Heroes. They look like a nice lot. Really an interesting thread as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 0 / -0
    From Interista:

1) I don't think anything specific will be made, Maicon will be more cautious defensively and with Zanetti in DM right-side he should cover up the runs that he will make.

2) Well in 1st half we just did what we had to do absolutely textbook, got our lead and kept the ball (65+% no?). In the second half we had a combination of 'Mercy' factor and thinking the lead was in the bag. If it weren't for a certain pesky Welshman I would have said 100% perfect game.

3) Rafa's plans are not the complete opposite to Mou, obviously Mou is still top dog here for his success but alot of people here are warming up to Rafa while others () want him out for some reason. We have alot more possesion which is odd but at the moment is reliant on Eto'o and his high-defensive line can be trouble for Samuel-Lucio duo who lack pace and also Cambiasso playing more creative role and not as well when he was the best holding player in the world last year (). As always supporting him fully and he will have more competition in Serie A than Mou last year with Milan streghthening up. Love his European games.

4)Inter in top spot and 2nd place most likely you. After Inter I have a soft spot for Tottenham because of hating ARSEnal assholes. Wenger is a ****! (Taht'll get me popular over there )

5) Key strategy, not to let any stupid mistakes happen, one slip and you've scored. Kepp it simple and watch out for counters. Having Cambiasso on VdV will be key as his play with Crouch is class.

6) Main threat is between VdV and Bale, we've dealy very well with VdV-type players before so I'm going to say Bale as we have a relatively slow side.

7) Well that's pretty easy, great performance let down by two individuals near the end doesn't affect us. We got the three points and that's all that matters knowing that we have the ability to go out and get 4 goals and it serves an invaluable lesson never to stop.

8) Well I'm not 100% but (Can you see the formation code or not? I'll just use this
    Cesar
    Maicon-Lucio-Samuel-Chivu
    Zanetti-Cambiasso
    Biabiany-Sneijder-Coutinho
    Eto'o

9) I feel you will score and Eto'o won't leave a pitch without scrawling his name on a score sheet so I'll go with 3-2 win.

10) You'll get very divided opinion here, I personally thought it was great because we made 20+ million from City for a bench player. Lost a bad dressing-room personality and generally settled the club who's main character is unity and determination and got to end this debate. Plus on Mario's side he has a chance to improve, he could never reach his full potential under these conditions.
    On the negative side we're lightweight up front and Mario could fill all '4' attacking positions + weigh in a good goal tally.

Welcome

Hope for a great classic Cl but we never do things easily, Forza Inter!
  18. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 0 / -0
    From Rockball

1. Just tighter marking and lots of attention from Cesar. I am worried about him, but Zanetti in midfield would not give him much space.

2. We started off brilliantly. Did relax a bit too much but Inter has always been prone to it. Getting 3 points there would be far more difficult but we have a fair chance if we play as well as in last game.

3. I personally feel Rafa is great for us. Not sure about long term, but he definitely is getting us to play more fluid and our play is gradually improving.

4. Inter surely, will be tough between Bremen and Spurs.

5. Our strategy would be to keep it tight and try and keep hold of the ball. Its not something we are good at but Rafa has been working on it. We would still go with an attacking formation; but the fullbacks and midfield 2 would be far more restrained.

6. Bale and VDV

7. Some fans are disappointed with the result but I didn't care much about the last 10 mins. As mentioned before, we have a tendency to relax and I am sure in a tighter contest we could have conceded 1-2 goals but not 3.

8. It depends if Milito returns. Else

Eto'o
    Pandev/Cou-Sneijder-Biabiany
    Cuchu-Zanetti
    Chivu-Samuel-Lucio-Maicon
    Cesar

9. 2-2

10. Yes. Potentially he is among the very best but with everything that happened; his best would not have come at Inter.
  19. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 0 / -0
    From Omar:

1. How do you game plan for Bale in this match? Do changes need to be made to ensure there is no repeat performance by him?

i don't think Rafa will make a formation change for Bale or Tottenham in general ... i have used to see him keeping consistent formation for both competitions ... but i guess tactical changes will be made, less aggressiveness and more man-marking, and try not to let Spurs have dangerous counter attacks.

2. Since you are European Champions do you feel that you played good enough ( out side of the first 16 mins ) against a very poor spurs second team with 10 men or do you think that you relaxed a little too much thinking that you had done the job , and do you think you'll come away with 3 points at the lane?

we had a pretty good game, except defending counter attacks.

3. How has Rafa fit in to the way you are used to playing football? Is he the right manager to ensure that you all keep winning trophies?

i wouldn't say spectacular fit ... but Rafa increased the attacking mentality in particular ... and it's still early to tell if he's succeeding to win trophies or not.

if Twente wins over Bremen in the next round, i think they have a very strong chance of advancing.

5. How do you feel about the match at the Lane after playing us in your territory what do you think your key strategy would be?

i feel kinda an easy game, but key strategy would be defense ... i think Rafa will ask the players to play with high intensity, unless he considers our current #1 ranking and try to close down on Tottenham in the first place.

6. who do you consider your main threat when you come to WHL? Bale Van der Vaart Modric etc?

imo Tottenham have many threats tbh, i think it depends on our formation... like the 1st clash, Bale was on Maicon's side and had the ability to break down more than once.

7. us as spurs fans we're relatively happy with the final part of the game (bale scoring 3 goals, and not conceding any in the second half) are you as inter fans and Champions league winners happy with a 4-3 win or do you think you underperformed?

for me, am happy we've scored 4, but angry to concede 3 ... but overall am happy for the aggressive performance, and happy to learn a precious lesson from a WIN .

am not entirely sure, but i expect a line-up very similar to last season's ... it seems we may get many injured players back..

1-2

so far, yes.
  20. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 0 / -0
    From Pajo:

1. I think not... It was not our tactics or formation fault bale scored hat trick... It was our player, they fell asleep in the second half, mostly cesar and our right side... Believe me, it wont happen again, maybe Zanetti/Maicon will mark bale closer, but huge change in tactics is not needed.

2. First half overall was perfect. Not only those 16 minutes as you said, but overall, all 45... Second half, i already said, our players fell asleep, cesar especially.. That is NOT what european champion should do, but in the end, we did got those 3 points despite the hat trick bale scored (which i kinda like since he is in my fantasy team ). It will not happen again.

3. Im still undecided. He is ok i guess, wasnt my first choise, but i can live with him. We will see after the winter market how it goes, it is fact we need 1-2 new players. After that, after reinforcement, after Rafa gets used to Italy, i can say more clearly...

4. Inter and Spurs..

5. Same as in Milano... It will be harder no doubt, but i have stil my hopes.. even if we do lose, it wont be end of the world, we have to play twente at home (where i expect 3 points) and bremen away, where i also expect 3 points...

6. After i found out that we are in group with spurs, i pointed out 2 players as threads... Bale and Defoe.. SInce defoe is injured, and you got VDV, i can say VDV and Bale... I still think however that Cambiasso will close down VDV abd he wont be able to show what he can, so as modric, but i still see Bale as biggest thread.

7. i said it twice before. We were eurpoean champions in the first half, and asleep in the second. Again, first half perfect, second half dissapointing, VERY dissapointing.. it wasnt spurs or bales great game, but it was our fault...

8. It depends... On milito, on pandev, on motta, on chivu... With current injury status, most probably this:
    Eto'o
    Coutinho-Sneijder-Biabiany/Pandev
    Cambiasso-Zanetti
    Chivu-Samuel-Lucio-Maicon
    Cesar

9. draw, 2-2...

10. I was undecided, but now i think yes. He was ruining the harmony we had in the dressing room. He has the potential to be one of the best, but it was great deal of gamble as well.. If he contimnues with his character, he may end up as average player who would be worth 10 mils, and we sold him while he still was worth 30+ mils... Who knows, time will show
  21. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 0 / -0
    From Ana:

I don't think changes need to be made. I think Cesar has to be at his best. Maicon has to remember to do his job. We will be okay. If we play well, there is no shame in losing.

I think the first half entirely, we were on fire. I don't know what Rafa put in the boys water, but we were ready. Then the second half, yeah; I believe we relaxed as time went by. It was quite a lead, and it's common of Inter to let their guards down when we lead like that. I truly don't know if we'll come away with 3 points or not. If it is a good game from both sides, I will be content, either way.

Rafa, I'm still getting used to, but I don't mind him here. He seems to be a lot more relaxed than managers past, but he is doing well. Italian football is a bit more *in your face* than other countries, and I think he's still adjusting and trying to figure out the guys (where they fit, where they're strongest) so he can continue our winning streak. I think he has the right goal in mind, and that's essential to have a winning team.

Inter, of course - and Tottenham or Bremen. But probably Tottenham.

I am not worried about the match. Tottenham is not a bad team, but I have faith in Inter. The best strategy I think would simply be strengthening our defense (which needs to be done, anyway - rather at White Hart or anywhere else) and to try and keep possession as much as possible.

6. Who do you consider your main threat when you come to WHL? Bale Van der Vaart Modric etc?
    Bale, solely for speed. VdV, we've shown in the past, we can match guys like him. Bale is a beast on his feet though... we don't have that much speed... Cordoba, maybe. Biabiany; supposedly, but I haven't seen much of it yet. And I doubt Cordoba will start, though I wouldn't mind it just for this match. So, yeah, Bale.

I am content. Not necessarily happy, but I don't feel the entire team underperformed until the last few minutes. What gets me with the hattrick from Bale is that it was, quite literally, the same thing x3. Julio usually learns... I don't know what was up with him.

I predict:
    ----------Cesar----------
    Maicon-Lucio-Samuel-Chivu
    --Zanetti-----Cambiasso--
    Biabiany-Sneijder-Coutinho
    -----------Eto'o----------

but it is dependent on Milito's return, I'm sure

It will not be easy, facing you guys at home. But I think we can manage, 3-2 win for us, or perhaps a 2-2 draw.

Absolutely. He is a talent, no doubt, but he is weak in other areas necessary for a strong team. He had a bad attitude, and lacked respect from many fans and I'm sure, his teammates, too. He is strong, and will do well at City (aside from the injury he just returned from)
  22. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 0 / -0
    From lonewolf19

1. I believe Bale's performance is partly due to Inter's lack of concentration. We got complacent after going 4-0 against 10 men and pay for it. Nothing specific will be done except more concentration from Maicon and Julio Cesar.

2. We started very well and it is the Inter I want to see for a long time. Fluid movement, quick passing and deadly shots. Our team is still trying to get use Benitez's tactic so we can only improve in the future. I believe we relaxed too much and hopefully there wont be a repeat next time. If we played our game right, I believe we will win at Lane.

3. I am fully convinced that Rafa is the right man for Inter. We just need some adjustment and time under him to keep on winning.

4. Inter and Spurs.

5. Same as always but watch out for VDV who will be the main threat I believe.

6. VDV

7. Happy with first half, would have be fine if it ends 4-1. A score of 4-3 shows carelessness which needs to be improved.

8. I believe Julio Cesar-Maicon-Lucio-Samuel-Chivu-J. Zanetti-Cambiasso-Pandev-Eto'o-Coutinho

9. A hard 2-1 win for Inter.

10. I believe it is the correct decision.
  23. dave hill Active Member

dave hill
    Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    Spurs to win 3-1. It will be a hard fought game, with inter scoring first, and trying to sit on lead. 15-20 mins to go, after mounting CAREFULL pressure by Spurs, a freaky kind of goal will go in.
    Spurs will then go for broke, and another couple of goals from VDV will seal win.
    YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. I AM THE FUTURE MAN. I HAVE THE ALMUNAC FROM BACK TO THE FUTURE 2. I HAVE SPOKEN.