Rafael van der Vaart

Discussion in 'Player Chat' started by SionTHFCRoberts, Aug 30, 2009.

1. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Goal.com are reporting that spurs are going to swoop for VDV.

Tottenham Hotspur will make a last-ditch attempt to bolster their squad before the transfer window slams shut by bidding for Real Madrid midfielder Rafael van der Vaart.

Spurs’ boss Harry Redknapp watched playmaker Luka Modric fracture his fibula in yesterday’s 2-1 win over Birmingham City, and the Croatian faces months of rehabilitation to be able to return to action.

Redknapp will want to act quickly to maintain the momentum of his side’s excellent start to the season, and according to reports from Spain, he has earmarked the Dutchman as an ideal replacement.

Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini has already issued a warning to Van der Vaart that he does not see the former Ajax man a part of his long-term plans, and if an offer came in the club would allow him to negotiate his exit from the Santiago Bernabeu.

Van der Vaart moved to Madrid in the summer of 2008, but had limited impact upon his arrival as Barcelona clinched the Primera Division crown.

Goal.com Spain comments that the English Premier League club will launch a €15m bid to lure the 26-year old to White Hart Lane, but time is against them, with the window due to close within the next 48 hours.

IMO he will make a good replacement for modic who is out for six weeks with a fractured fibula.
  2. ToDareIsToDo Active Member

ToDareIsToDo
    Ratings:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    We are going to be linked to every player available now that Modric is injured, i like the player, and would love it if we got him but i just don't see this one happening.
  3. Spurs4life93 New Member

Spurs4life93
    Ratings:
    +346 / 0 / -0
    Look in the Real Madrid Contingent thread.

I have posted loadz of info on Van der Vaart ;)
  4. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    I think it might happen we have been linked with him all transfer window, it looks like harry is intrsted in him imo.
  5. Spurs4life93 New Member

Spurs4life93
    Ratings:
    +346 / 0 / -0
    I hope so.

He is one of my favourite playas BUT there has been a lot of speculation surroundin Kranjcar and it seems we ave put a bid in for him.

My priority list is:

1.Van der Vaart

2. Kranjcar

3.Petrov (LW)
  6. David New Member

David
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    VDV on his day there's not many better, so if we did get him, dont think we will but if we did when modders is back what do we do then VDV in the middle? I dont kno. I think for the away games we'd hav to change to 4-5-1 to acomadate the midfield. I'd luv to see him at the lane if he did come Pav would leave in jan along with JJ hopefully.
  7. Spurs4life93 New Member

Spurs4life93
    Ratings:
    +346 / 0 / -0
    Van der Vaart is a magican and culd certainly fill Modric's shoes.
  8. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,454 / 0 / -0
    Modric has a broken leg and could be out for the season...I agree VDV would be a perfect replacement for Modric, and could play alongside Palacios on either Modric's or O'Hara's return
  9. Spurs4life93 New Member

Spurs4life93
    Ratings:
    +346 / 0 / -0
    Our only threat to this deal is Everton if we are actually interested.
  10. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    Mate he's out for up to 6 weeks with a fractured his fibula

Tottenhamhotspur.com - News Articles - Luka update

I think VDV is just as good as modric or even if i dare say better.
  11. Boone Well-Known Member

Boone
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    I have no problem playing VDV as a striker. He would, in theory, do what Keane does, but he would do it better.
  12. Spurs4life93 New Member

Spurs4life93
    Ratings:
    +346 / 0 / -0
    Van der Vaart off of a loan striker or even 2 strikers, that is tasty.
  13. Boone Well-Known Member

Boone
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    That is almost what we are doing with JD now. Keane plays off him.
  14. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    Im looking for news about VDV and i found he has rejected a contract at besiktas to come to the prem:

MADRID - REAL Madrid's out-of-favour Dutchman Rafael van der Vaart has rejected a lucrative offer from Turkish champions Besiktas, and is insisting on a move to the English Premiership, a Spanish newspaper said on Friday.
    The Marca sports daily said Besiktas is ready to pay the midfielder five million euros a season to play for the Istanbul outfit, which would make him one of the best-paid players in Europe.
    But sources close to the player said he had rejected the offer and will 'only agree to leave Real Madrid for the (English) Premier League,' Marca said. It did not indicate how much Besiktas has offered to pay Real.
    The big-spending Spanish club signed the 26-year-old from Bundesliga side Hamburg last year in a deal reportedly worth 13 million euros (S$27 million).
    But new Real chairman Florentino Perez is now seeking to recoup some of the more than 250 million euros he has splashed out on the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Karim Benzema and Xabi Alonso. And new coach Manuel Pellegrini has made it clear that Van der Vaart does not feature in his plans for the new season.
    Marca said Hamburg is among a number of German clubs interested in signing him.
    Another sports daily, AS, said Real plans to offer Van der Vaart to Bayern Munich as part of deal to get the German club's French midfielder Franck Ribery.
    He would be the fourth Dutch player to leave Real in the close season, after the departures of Wesley Sneijder, Arjen Robben and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.
    Two others, Royston Drenthe and Ruud van Nistelrooy, are expected to be the only Dutch survivors of the Perez-Pellegrini overhaul at Real.
    Van der Vaart's wife, Sylvie, is a well-known model and television personality, and the Spanish press have compared the pair to David Beckham and his pop star wife Victoria, who became high-profile celebrities in Spain during the English player's stint at Real. -- AFP
  15. Spurs4life93 New Member

Spurs4life93
    Ratings:
    +346 / 0 / -0
    Old news ;)
  16. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    ive never seen it before lol
  17. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,825 / 60 / -0
    Apparently it is an unnamed player at Real Madrid, according to the Spanish reports, & VDV is just speculation.

However, the news comes straight after Modric's injury & Harry saying how it now leaves us short & that we will now be active in the market again.

Also, I know 100% that the club are aware of VDV & know all about him, so it would seem as tho he is the likely target, but it would still be guesswork

However, it could equally be someone like Van Nistelrooy. If Pav did indeed leave WHL in a rush with his agents yesterday, it could imply he was sorting out a move & that, in turn, could mean us going for Van Nistelrooy
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  18. Spurs4life93 New Member

Spurs4life93
    Ratings:
    +346 / 0 / -0
    Bass, do u agree that Van der Vaart wuld b an amazin capture?

I love the lil fella, he is creative and can set up attacks.
  19. Eighteen82 New Member

Eighteen82
    Ratings:
    +962 / 0 / -0
    Weren't we in for him before he left Hamburg?
  20. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,825 / 60 / -0
    Yeah, he 'snubbed' us & chose Madrid instead.

I've said how much I would love him at WHL in the "VDV alongside Modric" thread. As much as I would love VDV to come, I still think we need an extra man in the middle to help Palacios & Hudd out
  21. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    Just thinking about Modric and VDV ripping apart prem clubs its so exciting lol
  22. Spurs4life93 New Member

Spurs4life93
    Ratings:
    +346 / 0 / -0
    Lets get real, we aint probably gonna sign him.

I wuld only get a lil more optimistic if Bentley goes to Everton/Villa as we wuld have the funds to get Van der Vaart.
  23. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    Who in our current squad do you think could play on the left? To fill modrics boots?
  24. Spurs4life93 New Member

Spurs4life93
    Ratings:
    +346 / 0 / -0
    Crouch ;)
  25. CorLuka Modric New Member

CorLuka Modric
    Ratings:
    +351 / 0 / -0
    No one can fill his boots as he is so class but the options seem to be Giovani, Bale and Rose as left wingers, Lennon or Bentley on that flank instead or even pulling Keane out there in to the same position as Modric. Do you think that will be enough to not need another left winger before the end of the transfer window?
    I certainly think we need someone in the middle as throughout a season we have one class holding midfielder, one class yet inconsistent (hudd) and one plain average yet inconsistent (jenas)... Sissoko would be nice still!
  26. Spurs4life93 New Member

Spurs4life93
    Ratings:
    +346 / 0 / -0
    I no itz a Youtube video and every1 will cane me but Van der Vaart is similar to Modric where he uses lots of skill and creativity. He can score goals as well so lets take a punt with him.

YouTube - Rafael Van Der Vaart Compilation
  27. Boone Well-Known Member

Boone
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Let's get him in
  28. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    His goal on 1:15 is amazing
  29. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +1,666 / 8 / -0
    I love VDV and he's playing style would suit our team perfectly. He is NOT a left winger though. He can play out there sure, but what about when Luka comes back? Is that VDV in the middle? I'm not really sure, especially with how good Palacios has looked getting forward so far, if thats enough strength in the centre.
    Personally I'd much rather, like has already been mentioned, have VDV playing off Defoe. Just like Keane is because I feel thats VDV's best position. Then we're left with the problem of keeping Keane, Defoe, Crouch, VDV and Pav happy (thats if Pav doesnt leave).
    I just dont know where he'd fit after Modric got fixed.
  30. Eighteen82 New Member

Eighteen82
    Ratings:
    +962 / 0 / -0
    Well said. We haven't sold Modric so it's not about getting a like for like replacement. It's about getting a replacement that can also fit into our team when Modric comes back, and atm VDV won't.