Rangers Partnership/Feeder Club??

Discussion in 'In the Know ( ITK )' started by BlueCrew LA, Jul 27, 2011.

1. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,565 / 16 / -0

[MENTION=2453]thfcire[/MENTION] Thoughts?

Personally I would like to see us form a partnership with a club like Hearts or Hibs so they can challenge the top two. A partnership with Rangers has the added benefit of pissing Ire off though. :y7:
  2. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,668 / 13 / -1
    Can't see it myself. Rangers & Celtic are still quite far up their own asses to see that it would be a good idea.

If you think Anthony Stokes (failed at Sunderland) is flouishing up there the likes of Hutton, Jenas, Defoe, Keane would be fantastic up there.

Personally I would rather our top start like Coulibally, Kane, Townesend & Khumalo to play in the championship than up there.
  3. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,621 / 3 / -0
    I remember reading something a few days ago about the old owners of Rangers having ties to ENIC, or something along those lines.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,923 / 35 / -0
    anything thats makes rangers stronger is something i dont want if im honest,i know it might benifit spurs but i cant see it ,theyed probily be better getting loaned to prem or championship clubs.i think despite their bad start rangers are favs for the spl this year,theyve spent a good few quid and trying to spend more.i still think the 3 best players in the league are celtic players though,kayal,izaguirre and commons are probily still up there but stephen davis is a big player for rangers he signs a new deal and its a big differance.i know for a fact{from maunre scout} manure were looking very clsoily at both kayal and izaguirre {a player alot of clubs were looking at before he signed for celtic} i think kayal is the pick of the players in scotland and good enough to play in th eprem all day long
  5. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,923 / 35 / -0
    enic owns a % of rangers doesnt it??? well they did before the takeover
  6. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,220 / 42 / -0
    Could Reading beat Rangers at this moment in time? I reckon they could. That is how pisspoor Scottish football has become.

On a more general point, reading the ITKs tonight has proven to be a depressing experience. It's not even creative bullshit anymore - the following from 'Peanut' (on Leandro) being a prime example.

''Think we will go back in for him now. Doubt it will happen as same issues exist as before (mainly that Inter want to keep him until Jan & want an awful lot of money). We would have to gamble and pay over the odds for potential.''

This could have been written by anyone on here. Utterly non-newsworthy topped off with a heavy layer of supposition. EPIC FAIL.!!!!
  7. steventhfc New Member

steventhfc
    Ratings:
    +683 / 0 / -0
    So glad this deal fell apart, don't want those scummy bastards to have an association with my club.
  8. XRated Well-Known Member

XRated
    Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    As a Celtic fan as well, I'm glad this hasn't happened.
  9. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,565 / 16 / -0
    What about buying a club that's in financial trouble and making them a B-team, preferably close to London. What are the rules on that?
  10. Irish Yid Pavlyuchenko Well-Known Member

Irish Yid Pavlyuchenko
    Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    Rangers? Celtic?

Championship > SPL

I'd rather we were a feeder club to someone like Reading! Tougher league by far.
  11. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,923 / 35 / -0
    i dont htink its runner judging by that recent dispatches bollox,but i think one thing that came out of it was oyu cant own 2 clubs that play in the 4 leagues
  12. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,220 / 42 / -0
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  13. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,565 / 16 / -0
    So would it be possible to buy a large stake of shares while still being minority owners? Would that contravene league rules? Because basically what would be ideal is a Barca B situation where we have a whole team comprised of players contracted to Spurs. I guess being partners with a club we have a stake in and setting up something like first options on all their players would be beneficial, though not as good as a true B-team. To me that's the real advantage of clubs like Barca. If we had a B-team we could take shots on players from all over the world and know they would be playing competitive football, I wouldn't even mind if it was League One. If the club was close to London it could be self sustaining because London based Spurs fans could attend the matches. I know if I still lived in London I would go.
  14. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,220 / 42 / -0
    I don't know the answer TBH. I'm assuming majority ownership (of two clubs) would be an issue, but I'm also assuming there is nothing in the rules preventing Spurs from loaning out their players specifically to Reading, for example, through some kind of 'strategic alliance'. Or indeed existing Spurs shareholders buying minority stakes in the likes of Reading. Something tells me there is a 9.9pc limit because I vaguely remember Sky getting into problems over this back in the 90's.
  15. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,565 / 16 / -0
    I'll do some research this weekend.

The problem with that scenario is loan limits.

If we could do

Loans
    First Options (discounted price).
    We get to hire/pay for the youth coaches and other training staff.
    Scouting partnership.
    In return we pay them a hefty fee. Which a percentage would be used for bringing in young talent.
    And the agreement couldn't be broken for 5 to 10 year periods.

.... If those were the terms then it would be close to a B-team without actually being a B-team. The trick would be finding a club that desperate.
  16. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,220 / 42 / -0
    The 9.9pc rule was certainly in operation in 1999. I can't find any updated info regarding the rules.

From the article, which discussed Granada and BSkyB competing to buy into Leeds Sporting there is the following.

''The 9.9% limit to the share ownership Granada can take is important because under the English Football Association's rules, companies cannot hold more than a 10% stake in any one club and shares in another. Manchester-based Granada owns a third of ITV plus restaurants, hotels and TV hire shops.
    In theory there would be nothing to stop one or both of the media firms from buying a 9.9% stake in all Premier League clubs.''

BBC News | The Company File | Granada and BSkyB target Leeds
  17. willk9 New Member

willk9
    Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    The fa has regulations in place to restrict owners of one club having ownership, weather it be full or part, in a second club in the football league.There are ofcourse ways around it, these where highlighted by a program in the uk a few weeks ago on channel 4, where a man with close ties to sir alex feguson wanted to set up investment groups to lead to the buying of two clubs, when players would then be loaned to him from manchester united.There is nothing wrong with the loaning part, it is just the part about groups having interests in more than one club, which could lead to a subsequent conflict of interests if those two teams where to meet. It could then be possible for the owners to decide which of their clubs needs the point more, which club is in a more lucrative position...etc etc.
  18. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,695 / 13 / -0
    I THINK that the rules say that you cannot have an interest in 2 clubs in the same country .

I am sure that ENIC also have an interest in Rangers , PAOK Athens and CSKA Moscow ? ( Need confirmation )
  19. rossdfc Well-Known Member

rossdfc
    Ratings:
    +3,242 / 1 / -0
    WTF....

Rangers are skint, absolutely skint.

There is almost no benefit to us if we were to partner them. It would benefit them because they could get players on loan, but it's not like we have difficulty finding teams that want our young players for a season - clearly.

They can't afford any transfer fee over 2 million.
  20. steventhfc New Member

steventhfc
    Ratings:
    +683 / 0 / -0
    They're getting outbid by Blackpool for players, Blackpool.....LOL.
  21. edmonds44 Well-Known Member

edmonds44
    Ratings:
    +786 / 3 / -0
    reading the owners of clubs on the wikipedia link... Rangers own part of Arsenal???
  22. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,695 / 13 / -0
    @edmonds44

Yes , Arsenal gifted the shares in the 30's when Herbert Chapman was the manager . I think there are 16 shares in total .

File:Gers own a bit of Arsenal.jpg - RangersPedia
    • Like Like x 1
  23. rossdfc Well-Known Member

rossdfc
    Ratings:
    +3,242 / 1 / -0
    And Cardiff City were able to offer double the transfer fee to Bursaspor than what Rangers were able to offer for Kenny Miller :D
  24. S.L.R Well-Known Member

S.L.R
    Ratings:
    +411 / 0 / -0
    Buying clubs and turning them into Spurs B? Am I the only one who finds this idea repellent? Supporters of 'smaller' clubs have every right to continue supporting their club; who are the richest teams to come along and commandeer other clubs? I'm sure my view will be seen as naive or whatever, but bloody hell, the arrogance of a stunt like that is astounding.
  25. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +2,358 / 16 / -0
    Cannot see any benefit from SFA clubs , South American then yes.