Rotation

Discussion in 'Team Formations' started by madmike, Jul 24, 2018.

1. madmike Well-Known Member

madmike
    Ratings:
    +628 / 12 / -0
    I’d like to see a few options this year. Kane up front with Alli is it appears the first choice.

How about Kane and Lamela or Son and Lamela.

It would give us more variation. Remove the need for a backup such as Llorente and give Harry a rest. I’m delighted that he’s been the top scorer but there is a danger in over reliance at the expense of variety and chances for others.

Last season was an example where there were occasions quite frankly where Harry could have been taken off earlier but for the obsession of being top goal scorer. Better for the team and for him.

I’ve put my tin hat on.

Mike
  2. HenryHotspur Well-Known Member

HenryHotspur
    Ratings:
    +432 / 17 / -0
    I think Harry must be exhausted, and he looked dead on his feet after the Colombia match. Against Sweden he was poor.

So I think whilst he's aiming to make the first game of the season for us, he needs to be managed carefully to avoid burnout. A long season is ahead!
  3. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,083 / 124 / -0
    Kane’s obsession is being the best player he can possibly be, his own words....other words he has used recently are....winning thropies.....So trying to rework players into positions they normally don’t play is probably not the answer... I thought Llorente could have been a shroud signing last summer, but that has been a total waste of time...I don’t think there is any striker we could buy that would solve the Kane question, Neymar, Suarez etc aside, and we should stop looking for one to be honest...we need, and have needed, for about two years now a Bale type player in midfield who will play week in week out but can win games for us with or without Kane playing or playing well.....
    Son does a great job now and again, but having to do that over an entire season he would go missing way to often.....answer? Fcuk knows, but Bale will never happen nor will we buy any player of that kind of quality, so you might actually be right, and we get lucky with trying someone we have in a completely new role..
  4. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 50 / -0
    We've played surprisingly well without Kane. He should be rested more. And the only real personnel mistake I've seen Pochettino make was playing Kane last Spring when he was not fit, bringing him back prematurely from his latest ankle injury. I'm sure it was against his better judgement but Kane insisted and he caved. Maybe Pochettino is afraid he'll leave if he confronts him like that. But he must make Kane take his rest. He's no good when he's playing hurt and he doesn't help the team or himself.
  5. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,083 / 124 / -0
    True words about Kane....but imagine the backlash if things went tits up with a fit Kane on the bench....the poor old manager can’t win in that situation.....you know what would help tho? If we’d buy a bloody player to take the weight of Kane’s shoulders a little..

Alli?....undependable
    Son?....inconsistent
    Lamela?....who knows, injured more than fit
    Sissoko?...wise up
    Dembele?....ageing, and never scored anyway
    Lucas?....never plays
    Eriksen is the only man who performs to Kane’s level (attacking wise) on a regular basis....
  6. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 50 / -0
    It's huge pressure obviously. But that's what a manager does. Truthfully we've looked good without him. A dedicated backup for is probably the hardest position for us to fill.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,083 / 124 / -0
    Said it on another thread that we just arnt going to find a decent back up for Kane, those that are prepared to sit on the bench are shit, those we can afford want more game time and those at the high high end are never coming to Spurs....so finding a top top quality match winning midfielder/winger is the way forward...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,805 / 73 / -0
    Dele, Son, Moura, Eriksen, Lamela, isn’t enough for you? Seems like attacking wingers/midfielders is least of our problems.
  9. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,083 / 124 / -0
    None of them (Eriksen aside) have the Kane factor..if we lost Kane for half a season you tell me you wouldn’t lose a winks sleep with those 4 as an alternative?....
  10. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 50 / -0
    I'd have to look more closely, but I have a feeling our record is better without Kane than with.
  11. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,083 / 124 / -0
    You find half a season were Kane didn’t play and let me know lol
    • Agree Agree x 1