Samba and Distin ITK

Discussion in 'In the Know ( ITK )' started by Audere est Facere, May 18, 2011.

1. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    Update 23] Roger Morgan - Distin
    Roger Morgan on SO

Quote:
    We have made an enquiry. Has one year left on his Everton deal. Wanted as reliable cover. Cheap stop-gap. We also like Samba but Arsenal are in for him too and are more likely to pay asking price of around £10m.

If we are after one of these 2 like ITK says it would be fooking awesome.

Distin is for me one of the best defenders in the premier league.
    I see a ledley King in him as much as I see somewhere A ledley king in Samba from blackburn.

Both are great defenders and great leaders.

Distin I believe has been voted EVERTONS best player this season.

I wouldnt mind any of these 2 . Just class both.

But like the other ITK says if we sign either of them it will hold our youngsters back like caulker.

But gallas is pretty old..... and king is fooked everytime.

Kaboul is a great backup but to have Kaboul and Distin/Samba as backup would improve our squad even more.

I would take any of these 2.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,483 / 3 / -0
    This is the sort of player I was referring to in my James Tomkins post, a cheap reliable CB is what we will go after......not the 15-20 million Gary Cahill etc.

Either would provide great cover, Samba is the better of the two but I'd be happy with Distin in our squad. For me he's better than Bassong so it'll be an upgrade to us if we do sign him.
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,647 / 11 / -1
    I actually agree thugz.

Distin has proved time and time again he is actually a very good defender.

Samba is just a beast but I can't see venkys selling their captain.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree! The only downside is that distin is 33 as old as gallas BUT this could also be great for caulker and kaboul for example. Both can learn from them.

When Distin comes to us and then retires in 2-3 years like gallas it could make room for caulker... maybe at that time he would have 1 year premier league experience at some other club on loan.
    I also see kaboul as great central back if he holds his nerves hes still young and can be even greater.
  5. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,483 / 3 / -0
    Wow he's 33........changes my opinion about him a bit. I wouldnt give him a 2 year deal, and I would match the 10 million for Samba if thats the asking price.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    samba would surely be the better choice for a long term I guess.

He is 27. and could easily do 8 more years at the premier league.

So even if we pay 10 million for him it would still be great BECAUSE its a long term thing.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Iconic Drei I am the Drei of all the Icons

Iconic Drei
    Ratings:
    +1,638 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, a lot has been said about his potential.. I think it was against Aston Villa away, where Arry came out and really praised the kid.

I personally, have high hopes for the lad.
  8. The Sundance Yid Well-Known Member

The Sundance Yid
    Ratings:
    +960 / 0 / -0
    I would sign Samba all day long. I think he is as good as any of the young English players like Cahill, Shawcross or Jones, that whatever club they go to will be way over paid for just because they are English. Samba has already said that he doesn't want to be part of the Venkys set up that they are planning at Blackburn. So if we are serious about "plugging the gap" we would stand a great chance and I could see him go on to a great replacement for King.
  9. steventhfc New Member

steventhfc
    Ratings:
    +683 / 0 / -0
    Either of them would be good, however Samba is obviously the long term option, but remember lads he gets sent off A LOT.
  10. The Sundance Yid Well-Known Member

The Sundance Yid
    Ratings:
    +960 / 0 / -0
    He also scores quite a bit though.
  11. grottim Well-Known Member

grottim
    Ratings:
    +965 / 3 / -0
    i like younes assuming woody goes we've got gallas, dawson, king, khumalo, kaboul, charlie, tommy and sandro who can all play there. Also the possibility of recalling caulker on loan i just dont see the point in spending on another centre half
  12. Roscono3 champions league vip Moderator

Roscono3
    Ratings:
    +5,951 / 11 / -0
    Still prefer Cahill or Hangeland....Both are lethal from set plays.

Hangeland's scored something like 7 or 8 goals this season....that's more than our fooking strikers put together. lol
  13. The Sundance Yid Well-Known Member

The Sundance Yid
    Ratings:
    +960 / 0 / -0
    Gallas is 34, King plays like 2 games in 10, Khumalo is unproven and wasn't even considered when we were stuck we actually chose to loan him out, I'm not saying he's no good, I'm just saying we have no idea what he is like. Thudd and Sandro are Midfielders, not defenders. And Corluka is not rated at centre back, Harry has already said that this season. So that leaves, Dawson, Kaboul and Gallas that can realistically play every week. We need another natural centre back that can step uo and challenge those three and have no gelling to do when inevitably Gallas and King retire which will be sooner rather than later in my opinion. Samba would be perfect.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +2,264 / 16 / -0
    I would get Samba no question, he"s a solid PL CB, he"s got a real presence and is tailor made for spurs,so go get him Arry, we need him.
  15. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    reminds me on vidic then and yet hes considered premier leagues best :D
  16. P UNIT 1980 Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT 1980
    Ratings:
    +10,238 / 38 / -1
    We missed out on Distan a few season s ago I think.

Big big player IMO and only bettered by Kompany at Citeh.
  17. Danperchspur New Member

Danperchspur
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

We also have Bassong who I think plays really well when given an extended run in the side.
  18. woody New Member

woody
    Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    For me a CB is not a top priority anymore, even if Woody does leave at the end of the season we have adequate resources in Dawson, Gallas, Kaboul, Ledley (when he's fit), Bassong and young Caulker who I think is capable of playing PL next season.
  19. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    I rate Samba as better than Cahill.. Before you rip my head off let me explain- Samba is 6'5" I believe and not just tall, BIG as well. He really is a beast (physically and metaphorically). He provides such a commanding presence at the back, intimidates opposing strikers TBH. Let's not forget he is a monster in the air (scored 4 this season) and can body the most physical of strikers off the ball. He would challenge for a starting spot here, not just provide cover IMO. Gallas, Dawson, Samba (one of them in reserve) at the back would be incredible. Not to mention that Samba is only 27 so he could theoretically partner Dawson for 5 more years after Gallas retires.
    Cahill, on the other hand, costs 15-20m while Samba is only 10. I would take Samba if they were the same price, obviously people may not support that decision but I don't see why we would waste 10m more on Cahill when Samba is available for cheaper. Please bring Chris Samba here!
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    nobody will rip your head off mate . I rate samba higher than cahill as well.

and for that price difference its a no brainer that we have to go for samba.

I can see a ledley king in him !!!
    • Like Like x 2
  21. grottim Well-Known Member

grottim
    Ratings:
    +965 / 3 / -0
    I cant. Personally i dont think he's good enough to start for a side with top 4 ambitions and i doubt he'd be happy being sat on the bench as at least 3rd choice centre back. He's no ledley king, frankly he's no michael dawson and gallas has impressed this season as well. Why go out and spend £10m on a good centre half when we have ample cover in that area and it will stop the development of other players such as caulker and kaboul who could both be really good players.

A centre back needs to be good on the ball if you're high up the league and he simply isnt. It's an area that dawson has had to work on and has and he looks more and more comfortable on the ball. Ledley king is different class to samba and we all know how good he is and gallas is also good on the ball as well. Samba is a good solid defender who's good in the air, good in the tackle but it's no good if you hoof it clear giving the ball straight back to the oppo as its then pointless making the tackle in the first place . For me no improvement on what we have and wouldnt be happy sitting on the bench the majority of the season while stunting the developments of others.
  22. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    well I didnt say hes as good as king.... nobody is as good as him.

But still I can see a ledley king in him to be honest. Hes a real leader and you see if samba is not playing for blackburn they are a totally different team.

Same with us when we have king we are a totally different team as well.

I just think samba has kept blackburn in the league by his great performances. Just look how strong he is in the air. its unbelievable how powerful he is.

Sure its good to have faith in caulker and kaboul. But is caulker already ready? I think he needs at least 1 season in the premier league on loan for some club like Walker to show what he can do at a top level.

I rate kaboul a lot but if Bassong leaves, Gallas is not the youngest , Caulker not ready yet ,kmualo unrated, King fooked always , Woodgate to leave, Corluka is not rated as central back , Huddlestone and sandro are not real central backs......

Who does it leave us with if Kaboul is injured ??? We have only dawson left..... I would not take a risk here and sign a good central back which samba.

I am pretty sure harry will make him even a better player like he has done with others......

Worst case could be that we are left with

Dawson,Kaboul,Gallas as only central backs

But what if one of them gets injured? we are left with 2? Meaning if one more gets injured during the game we are fooked.
    And Gallas has 2 more years left. It would be an ideal time to get one more central back in now.

Caulker not ready loan
    Woodgate & Bassong to leave
    Corluka not rated as central back
    Huddlestone & Sandro central midfielder
    King always fooked
    Khumalo unrated
  23. SweSpurs massive bellend according to bigdub

SweSpurs
    Ratings:
    +2,086 / 21 / -0
    Corluka could play CB. But if we have: King, Dawson, Gallas, Bassong, Caulker and Kaboul, I dont think a new CB is necessary.
    Samba seems like a new Bassong. Well, IF Bassong leaves we'll need a new back-up, but lets speculate that when the time comes I think..
    But then I rather have a Englishman like Tomkins.
  24. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,203 / 42 / -0
    Would definitely go for Samba. I've always rated him. A big fooker who knows how to put it about. Just what we need.
  25. ShaneOMac Active Member

ShaneOMac
    Ratings:
    +195 / 10 / -0
    Yes to Samba, no to Distin (too old, despite being quality).

I would prefer Phil Jones to play alongside Caulker for years to come. Signing Jones now would mean they have Gallas/King/Dawson and hopefully Woody to teach them.

Times like this I actually think Naybet really contributed a lot to us.
  26. steventhfc New Member

steventhfc
    Ratings:
    +683 / 0 / -0
    Corluka cant play cb imagine a fast striker against him, he's slow as **** he'd get raped.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,483 / 3 / -0
    Played there against WH away earlier in the season and was absolute cack.
  28. steventhfc New Member

steventhfc
    Ratings:
    +683 / 0 / -0
    Yeah he got owned by Fredric Piqioune, imagine him against Hernandez, Rooney, Tevez, Silva, etc.

DO NOT WANT.
  29. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,483 / 3 / -0
  30. MagnaThor i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

MagnaThor
    Ratings:
    +933 / 54 / -0
    33 years old? I wouldn't take him for 5 million. Honestly how many mid-30s CB's do we need? I say we keep Ledders and Daws as our starting duo, and give time to Caulker and Gallas when the starters are injured. Kaboul can be the 5th choice. Samba is great, but I don't think we should spend 10-12 million for someone we'll bench (assuming King stays healthy). Anyway, a CB isn't top priority at all for me, so I don't think we should spend more than 5-7 million for one.