Sandro Transfer News

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by BlueCrew LA, Sep 5, 2011.

1. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  2. perstrame Well-Known Member

perstrame
    Ratings:
    +567 / 0 / -0
    Well, that sucks.
  3. Jaggeh Active Member

Jaggeh
    Ratings:
    +186 / 2 / -0
    Arsebiscuits...
    • Like Like x 1
  4. weirddave hey you guys

weirddave
    Ratings:
    +2,312 / 2 / -0
    Goal.com.....
    *sighs*

Just don't listen to them.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. grottim Well-Known Member

grottim
    Ratings:
    +965 / 3 / -0
    i really dont understand why. We proved last season how poor serie A actually is, i mean the only things i could see is that it's easier to play for a team that would win a championship and he might get paid more money. However if he wants to test himself as a footballer then surely he would want to stay in the PL or la liga. I mean when the 5th best team in england outclasses the italian champions and the second best italian team it shows the state of italian football.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Iconic Drei I am the Drei of all the Icons

Iconic Drei
    Ratings:
    +1,638 / 0 / -0
    When players come out with these things, I can't help but think that 9/10 it's been taken out of context..

Add Goal.com to that as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    Really, I love my Spurs but as some of you know I love my Italian footy as well. I guess you can say we outclassed Inter at home, but against Milan it's a stretch to say we outclassed them. They had the advantage in possesion, shots on target, etc. We got one goal against Milan on the counter, that doesn't reflect a gap in class imo, it happens to everyone Blackpool hit us on the break.

Though I don't want it to happen Sandro if he goes to Roma would have a shot at the title most seasons, compete in the champions league, make more money, all whilst living in Rome.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    I've always kind of suspected this in the back of my mind...

Obviously we don't want him to go, but if he goes to one of the Milan sides you can't really blame him can you. Luckily, there are many young DMs out there- he's good but replaceable I think.
  9. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,803 / 21 / -0
    hopefully when he does leave the two milan clubs get involved
  10. Dustin Well-Known Member

Dustin
    Ratings:
    +2,778 / 16 / -0
    That does not mean he wants out now, just that he would like to play there in the future, which for him is a long one. A lot can change with time, and I can't blame him for keeping his options open with us having both Hudd and Parker playing the same general position. Regardless, I am always a little disappointed in young (non-youth academy) players that say "I want to play here the rest of my career!" - which is generally either BS, or marks a small minded individual (which usually are not the type to be one of the greats). Most smarter, well rounded, young men would prefer to see as much of the world as they can and get a taste of a diversity of things, this means being open to seeing another league, country, team (this is not the same as saying I want out now). The kid just got off the boat from brazil and there is much more to seeing the world than going on holiday - which international footballers do not have extended periods of time to do anyway.

If I were Sandro, (not english born or long time youth academy player) I would probably like to think of playing in London for a few years then checking out Milan or Rome or Barcelona or Madrid (probably not Munich though... not for me)... seems like the right way to live life.

If he gets a solid place in our team, I'm sure his tune will change.
  11. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    no big deal....im sure plenty of players wanna play in a diferent country sometime in the future.

its not like he handed in a transfer request and acted like a spoiled prick to force a move away!!
    • Like Like x 5
  12. grottim Well-Known Member

grottim
    Ratings:
    +965 / 3 / -0
    I have seen you talk italian football and you're much more of an expert than me however i do watch a decent amount of it especially italian teams in the CL and i dont think it's anything very impressive. I think against inter we proved to be a better team over the two games. I definitely think we outclassed AC both on and off the pitch if you get me. I thought AC were an embarassment to italian football that night but i also thought that it showed weaknesses in there game. Italian football isnt very attractive in general imo it's all a bit george graham at arsenal- it's all a bit dull.

Ill admit i havent seen much of roma however i could say comfortably that spurs were a better team than inter, AC and napoli as those are the teams that i have seen the most of. I just cannot understand why anyone would want to move to the italian league when imo it doesnt have very much going for it especially compared to england and spain.
  13. Iconic Drei I am the Drei of all the Icons

Iconic Drei
    Ratings:
    +1,638 / 0 / -0
    so long as he doesn't come out with any 'my head ain't right' quotes, we should be dandy :302:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dustin Well-Known Member

Dustin
    Ratings:
    +2,778 / 16 / -0
    Let's be honest, vs. Inter we were the better team. Against Milan we barely scraped by and although Milan was having a hard time at that point, they were still dominating us for long stretches while we were playing our best football in years.
  15. Modric level 25 magician Well-Known Member

Modric level 25 magician
    Ratings:
    +421 / 1 / -0
    Bale had also said that he fancies Italy in the future, they are young and talented. I won't blame anyone for wanting to play in a country like Italy, I adore that place. As long as he leaves on good terms and we can find a replacement in due time then fine. I would love for him to be a yid for life but that's highly unlikely.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    I'm in transit to the airport so I really can't give a proper response. I'll say this though, you preface your comments by making it clear you watch very little Italian football, then in the next breathe make sweeping judgments about the league in general. We out classed Milan "both on and off the pitch", I guess if you're talking about the who Gattuso thing. The difference in both matches against Inter was one suddenly hot player, Bale. Would we have beaten them if Bale's league form replicated his European form, probably not. With Milan over the course of two legs we had a disadvantage in just about every statistical category, and if it wasn't for a clearance of the line could have lost the tie. Also I'm not sure how anyone who watches the Milan sides in the league can say they're dull, Ibra, Pato, Robinho, Cassano, Seedorf. Then Inter with Eto'o, Pandev, Sniejder, Coutinho etc.

I've said it before the Premiership like all leagues is "top-heavy", the difference is the amount of teams at the top, because of this it leads fans to overrate the mid-to-bottom half of the league. That and if you don't have anything invested in any of the teams it's always going to seem boring to you. You think Italian fans care about a match between Spurs and Wolves? We the interested parties do because what it means for our club, and opposition fighting us for positions do as well, and because of this I think we have a tendency to overrate the level of play from our opposition. I lived in Italy, so I have a sentimental connection to the league. It's struggling right now with appeal and support at the grounds but I grew up when it was a strong league so it's always going to be interesting to me.

Once again....

Sando if he goes to Roma will....

Have a shot at the title.
    Play in the CL more often.
    Make more money.
    Live in Rome. (if you've ever been you would understand why that's a big deal)
    etc.

Not to mention Roma are currently pouring a considerable amount of cash into the club and planning to build a new stadium. Why wouldn't he want to play for Roma? Would you rather him stay in England and try to meet all those benchmarks with a domestic club, word to the wise it wouldn't be us, United, Chelsea, Citeh, Liverpool etc.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  17. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,663 / 12 / -1
    I want to live on the moon one day........... It's not going to happen for a while though ;)
  18. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    If Roma sell DDR to Citeh in January, which is possible, I'll start to worry. They'll go after either Sandro or Diarra.
  19. Irish Yid Pavlyuchenko Well-Known Member

Irish Yid Pavlyuchenko
    Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    Them feckin bastardin goal.com ******s!
  20. Cor-Luka New Member

Cor-Luka
    Ratings:
    +496 / 0 / -0
    Oh ****. Sold for 12 mil , another player in . Circle continues.
  21. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure that Levy is going to hold out for at least 20m, depending on how well he does and how long his contract length is.
  22. Cor-Luka New Member

Cor-Luka
    Ratings:
    +496 / 0 / -0
    He has contract untill summer 2014 ( less then 3 years) . He probably won't leave this summer so I doubt it will be anything near to 20 mil.
  23. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +2,337 / 16 / -0
    If this is to happen then I hope its a long way off , because this lad is going to be huge for us, Sandro needs to realise his potential with Tottenham and become the world class player he is likely to be, then we"ll see.

BlueCrew LA is it me or do you sound homesick ?
  24. BostonTHFC Active Member

BostonTHFC
    Ratings:
    +259 / 7 / -0
    He doesn't even speak English. I doubt those are direct translations and they were probably taken out of context. At the same time it doesn't surprise me that he would at some point in his career think about leaving Tottenham. It's only natural for international players to aspire to ply their trade in new lands.
  25. funkfish groany fooker lol

funkfish
    Ratings:
    +1,161 / 0 / -0
    if he stays with us and keeps improving we could have the new dunga in the next few years
  26. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,211 / 42 / -0
    Absolutely, Robbie Keane always wanted to play for LA Galaxy - his (later) boyhood club.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    Haven't left yet, sitting around the airport doing fcuk all. My flight was pushed back to 5pm local time, it's 2:30 right now. I took a cab down here, cost a ton but my fiancee is at the hospital (intern), so I'm in a bad mood. I don't really want to go and I want to get back as soon as I can. I love New York but I'm not going to enjoy the city, I'm working. Really mentally draining ass kissing for the next couple of days, trying to get fickle tight wads to do what's best for themselves give us seed money. Not fun at all..... I hope they don't read this....
    • Like Like x 1
  28. grottim Well-Known Member

grottim
    Ratings:
    +965 / 3 / -0
    well for a start i never said i watch very little italian football i said i watch a decent amount and as you're the "expert" on these matters i thought u watched a large amount which is something ill admit to not doing, however i watch a fair amount of games so i feel i can give an opinion on it. I know you dont like being disagreed with but come on...

Also the thing about if bale hadnt have played so well seems flawed to me it's such a ridiculous thing to say. If eto hadnt have played against us in the first leg would they have scored as many goals? I mean it's something that we'll never know. If a player who is part of the 11 goes out and plays well then that's why he's in the team. As the saying goes "if my sister had been a bloke she'd have been my brother". The fact is it wasnt just bale that won us that game, we defended solidly, were solid in the middle and each and every player had a good game we played the better football and just because a player has standout performances and grabs the headlines doesnt mean the rest of the team didnt out play them as well. If you watch the highlights reel then yes it would look like it was bale winning us the game and i agree he had match defining moments but you play to your strengths and he's one of them. It's like saying barca might not have won games without messi- that maybe the case however he plays for them and he adds his contribution to the team.

Also you list these big marquee names and yes they are exciting players however the overall style of a team is a big factor in things. For example real madrid have a team that is capable im sure of playing very attractive football, quick passing, movement, running etc however there style means that as we've seen over the year that they have a more "ugly" style which isnt as pleasing to watch and rely on moments of magic from the big names rather than just good football.

For example the game at the san siro against AC they may have had all of these statistical advantages however the fact is they only forced gomes into 2 good saves against what was a fairly depleted tottenham side and when we started to play any sort of decent football it ended up with them fouling and playing dirty trying to enforce themselves on the game. Also especially in the first half we created as many if not more chances as they did and it was only in the second half the screw began to turn.

Also by conduct off the pitch i do mean the gattusso incident yes it was a disgrace and an embarassment and there isnt any defending his conduct throughout the game. This is also the same with flamini trying to raise the crowd with his so called tackle on corluka. Also quotes such as when they drew tottenham "we're delighted with the draw" coming from the manager i feel were very disrespectful and it was just them thinking because they were the bigger club they would win and we showed them and italian football- you arent so good anymore.

The standard of football as a league in england compared to serie A is much higher and i dont think you could deny that really. I couldnt see an inter or a AC making the semi finals let alone the final of the CL without a favourable draw as they would most likely draw any of the 4 english clubs in it which im afraid to say mate are simply better.

Im not knocking the fact you like italian football however i dont think that it's any coincedence that most big players and managers rate the PL or la liga as the best leagues in the world and that serie A never gets mentioned because the simple fact is the gulf in class is plain for most to see. One reason for this is probably the fact that they have more of a bias towards domestic players which shouldnt be laughed at but there is no doubt that it's one of the main reasons that the league isnt as good. An example of this is the non EU players rule.

If sandro did go to roma i just wouldnt understand the decision unless it was for financial purposes. I agree with you that he would get paid more than at spurs no doubt about it. However why not move to spain? He could get into one of the big spanish teams or even one of the bigger english clubs (if we were to sell) and earn more. He would always have a shot at the CL and also the truth is he's playing in a much better standard of league and testing himself against the best players which lets face it in the italian league he isnt.

Clearly you're passionate about your club but saying why wouldnt he want to play for roma is a bit silly. If he's getting offers from a club like roma in terms of playing standards at spurs it isnt better imo or if you feel it is it's very small. He's good enough for a team like chelsea from what we've seen so far and would be a decent fit to maybe replace essien in later years, maybe he could play the holding role for united, arsenal, liverpool whoever but i just couldnt understand a move to italian football because the truth is it just isnt that good.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Figgy Well-Known Member

Figgy
    Ratings:
    +512 / 0 / -0
    I was brought up watching Football Italia on Channel 4. Loved it and although I don't follow it it's got a place in my heart with the bald man reading the "Gazette" and shouting of Golllazoooooo or whatever it was. When Bale and Sandro grew up they probably followed the Italian league since it was on TV a lot and a great inspiration. Though come on... Spurs or the Italian League?... Baaaah, we could beat any team.. you know what? Put all of the italian teams on the pitch at once like that Real Madrid versus kids game and we'd still win...

Or not.
  30. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    Well it never hurts to think about the future does it?
    Javi,
    • Like Like x 1