sandro

Discussion in 'Europa League Discussions' started by seantheyid, Apr 6, 2011.

1. seantheyid New Member

seantheyid
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Anyone get the feeling this guy is gonna be one hell of a player. He's been the one guy who has put in great perforamnces when the team has been poor. Forget about bale.... we've got sandro.
  2. Tott_BeBop Well-Known Member

Tott_BeBop
    Ratings:
    +421 / 0 / -0
    agreed, this guy is going to be key over the next few years; once he develops a partnership with thudd they will be an unstoppable midfield duo...
  3. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    a few weeks late on the mention lol, but yeah he's going to immense for us. Hate to use the comparison but he's the new "Gilberto Silva" yet he looks far better on the ball than him but certainly breaks up play just as he did.
  4. seantheyid New Member

seantheyid
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Haha i know but i know he was good against milan but wondered if it was luck and he only performs in small games, but he was once again, on top form last night.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. EJWTartanSpur New Member

EJWTartanSpur
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Sandro has been the light shining brightest, in the past month. Covers so much ground, breaks up play constantly, but doesn't have to do it by lunging in, instead being extremely good at pressurizing a player and nipping the ball away. His distribution needs improvement but is still very decent. I also love that he has a bit of a nasty streak that is channelled in the correct fashion. We could do with more players like that ! Lastly, I love the lung bursting runs he makes through the middle, and up the right hand side. The more he improves, the more he will begin to influence and create attacking situations as well.

Add to that, that he has shown a very mature approach to moving abroad, right back from when he was still at Internacional and learning English, and that he has taken a few ups and downs ( CL travel cock-up) in his stride. Just about one of my favourite players already !
  6. Yorkshire Yid Well-Known Member

Yorkshire Yid
    Ratings:
    +395 / 5 / -0
    To play him Modric and VDV in the same side though we will have to play 4-5-1 meaning we will have to buy a big powerfull striker who is not Crouch to play up front by himself. Llorente please :)
  7. funkfish groany fooker lol

funkfish
    Ratings:
    +1,161 / 0 / -0
    sandro = the new dunga ?
  8. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,211 / 42 / -0
    I think Dunga said he's the new Dunga didn't he? He certainly expects Sandro to be a regular for Brazil over the coming years. God forbid, Sandro is certainly better than (Liverpool) Lucas, FFS.

The more I think about this season the more I would move VDV down the list. Don't get me wrong, I love VDV and believe his signing to be an absolute bargain. However, the signing for me this year - and fair play to Harry because I was initially unconvinced - is Gallas.

Second up would be Sandro. He really has grown into his role and become more adapted to the EPL. Third, would be VDV.
  9. kathi5_18 New Member

kathi5_18
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I wouldnt say forget about bale but sandro definitely has talent! just imagine what they could do together at top form?
  10. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +2,336 / 16 / -0
    Could be a really influential player for us in the coming years , potentially first name on the team sheet material.
  11. Merseytott New Member

Merseytott
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I love him he's awesome!
  12. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    oh what 3 months will do to one's opinion.
  13. melbourne_spur Well-Known Member

melbourne_spur
    Ratings:
    +287 / 0 / -0
    Took a bit of time to settle to the english style but now it looks as if he has been playing at this level for several seasons. One of the posts above mentioned that he doesnt need to go to ground to win the ball. This is very true, but when he does go to ground, he has such an excellent technique that as a DM is invaluable. As a defender myself, watching Sandro go into sliding tackles is a wonderful site.
  14. Merseytott New Member

Merseytott
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yeah you got me Mr spurs man after watching him a few times he's took my breath away and i feel he'll get better!
  15. Jammy_Jae New Member

Jammy_Jae
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    i am very impressed with sandro, football manager weren't wrong about this guys talents...

the thread is a little late but who cares, i could talk about how good sandro is all day. did u know? sandro was one of the very, very few players that harry has signed without ever seeing him play. whoever recommended him should get us a striker too while they're at it!

this guy is gonna be formidable for spurs, our best CM by a long shot, easily! (no disresepct to huddlestone.) i'm sure it won't be long til man united want him like all our good players...
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  16. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    I'm sure Broomfield is keeping tabs on Inter's Leandro DamiĆ£o, since we have first option on him.