Saturday

Discussion in 'In the Know ( ITK )' started by Mabbsy, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Mabbsy i know things i do

Mabbsy
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    If you are thinking of buying a ticket based on any major signings being unveiled on Saturday. Dont bother.

Not sure where all the internet hype has sprung from but I have checked and it isnt happening.

If we were unveiling a major signing, the "big guns" of the journalistic world would be "urged" to swerve the championship and directed towards the Lane.

This hasn't happened.

I said I wouldn't share any more info I'm given on here after the last reaction but I don't want people to think Saturday will be any more than it is. A friendly.
  2. tdw76 jaws music hee hee

tdw76
    Ratings:
    +1,230 / 2 / -0
    So is this the last time? Or next time? Or was last time the last time? I'm confused...
  3. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Wait so does this mean nothing is going on or nothing is going to be finalized saturday?
  4. tdw76 jaws music hee hee

tdw76
    Ratings:
    +1,230 / 2 / -0
    I think he's being cryptic. 'big guns' clearly means we are signing fabregas.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mabbsy i know things i do

Mabbsy
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Nothing finalised by Saturday. In his words. Its been like a morgue over there. Whether that is good or bad (the pessimist in me says bad) is another matter.

All Im saying is, that various ITK that is saying we are unveiling 2 major signings on Sat is not true. Journos all off to Championship games.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. IH8GOONS New Member

IH8GOONS
    Ratings:
    +236 / 0 / -0
    No offence intended Mabbsy but thats opinion based and so are the ITK's and so no one really knows if a deal will be done on saturday or not!
  7. seantheyid New Member

seantheyid
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    That doesnt really change much, anyone who was gonna buy a ticket do it, anything that mabbsy has claimed to know has been wrong
  8. Mabbsy i know things i do

Mabbsy
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree. I have no info on whether a deal will be done or not but the gommels on Spurs Community are going mad saying we are parading Adabeyor and Diarra on Saturday. All I am saying is that just isnt happening.
  9. Mabbsy i know things i do

Mabbsy
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Spurs in for Samba. Gaining pace.
    Leandro extending in Brazil. Happened.
    The Cole thing. Hit the press. No idea what happened there.
    The South African going to Reading. Done.

Reckon I have got more right off 2nd hand off journo than all the ITKs have all year. Quite frankly, you can bite me.
  10. The Sundance Yid Well-Known Member

The Sundance Yid
    Ratings:
    +960 / 0 / -0
    In all fairness, I really don't think the club could give a shit whether the scumbag journos, who have been trying sell our best player all summer, could make it to the unveiling or not. Why do you expect that they would get notice of an unveiling 2 days before it was to happen anyway? A good mate of mine was at the unveiling of Kun Aguero in Dublin last Friday and he got a call to say it was happening an hour before it did. An hour!!! As you and all your ITK mate's always claim "football can change so quickly".
  11. Mabbsy i know things i do

Mabbsy
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    OK if you say so. Shall we see?
  12. DaveYid New Member

DaveYid
    Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    when did you know about VDV Mabbsy?

not having a dig at you, just out of interest..
  13. Mabbsy i know things i do

Mabbsy
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Same time as you fella. All very last minute.

The point is a lot of the spurs sites are awash with talk of medicals done today and unveilings on Sat. All I am saying is that...Its not happening
  14. Enfield_spurs Well-Known Member

Enfield_spurs
    Ratings:
    +764 / 0 / -0

No offense, but this makes me want it to happen even more :302:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. The Sundance Yid Well-Known Member

The Sundance Yid
    Ratings:
    +960 / 0 / -0
    Well no, I'm not saying that there is going to an unveiling on Saturday. I am saying that there are two possibilities which could happen. There will be one or there won't. It's as simple as that. I am saying that you can't possibly be 100% sure that it won't happen because it doesn't just be penciled in like that. Going on the last two months of dormant transfer activity at the club, it is easy for you to say it won't happen when as is always said, things can change so quickly.
  16. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,647 / 11 / -1
    Seriously I think 99% of us think it also but we don't say it like we know better. I could say were not signing anyone on saturday then claim I am ITK. I don't because I have a life and don't crave the attention of random strangers on an online forum. How about you tell us before something actually happens before it gets leaked anywhere else then we can judge your powers of knowledge. There were several ITK's including Phil Vickery on talkshite who confirmed Leandro was staying in brazil until at least January. The media were also all over Joe Cole for god knows how long.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. tdw76 jaws music hee hee

tdw76
    Ratings:
    +1,230 / 2 / -0
    definitely saw articles detailing khumalo to reading days BEFORE it was posted here as well.
  18. S.L.R Well-Known Member

S.L.R
    Ratings:
    +411 / 0 / -0
    Can I just say, that no major signings will happen on Friday either. Trust me on this, I have it on first hand authority.
  19. tdw76 jaws music hee hee

tdw76
    Ratings:
    +1,230 / 2 / -0
    Can I add that none will happen today.
  20. DaveYid New Member

DaveYid
    Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    ah don't say that! I've been checking in everyday since the bloody birmingham game - i want a signing!!
  21. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,647 / 11 / -1
    I will add Sunday & maybe even Monday unless it's short notice ;)
  22. tdw76 jaws music hee hee

tdw76
    Ratings:
    +1,230 / 2 / -0
    My source has also just confirmed that there will be no one joining the club yesterday.
    • Like Like x 7
  23. Pete_Smedz New Member

Pete_Smedz
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    They are prob going to show Woodgate playing a full game for Stoke
  24. Mabbsy i know things i do

Mabbsy
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Why dont you dig them out chap.

As for the rest of the little keyboard comedians on here. All you will get from me on here from now on is my cynical views on the state of our fine club.

Enjoy mongs :eek:16:
  25. BatchSpurs Well-Known Member

BatchSpurs
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Personally, I'd be interested to hear what you've got to say, I still can't get my head around people coming into the ITK SECTION to SLATE ITK's?!!!
  26. Enfield_spurs Well-Known Member

Enfield_spurs
    Ratings:
    +764 / 0 / -0
    He's not ITK, he just states basic conclusions gained from being rightfully cynical of ITKs. Its not hard to be right when you go against people who are wrong 99% of the time.
  27. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    I'm still interested in what the guy has to say, but in the end what difference does it make? So we know about a player a few days before it is publicly released. Whoop dee f*cking doo.
    All it does is give us hope- that's the job of ITKs imo- to show that stuff is going on and that we are actually doing things as a club.

I could just cut my internet for a week and come back and see who we've signed. I could hang on the ITK's every word and write detailed posts trying to decipher what they said. It would not make a difference one bit as to who we signed. Even if I knew before, so what? It's not like I could choose who we sign.

I could be a cynic, like some on this thread who decided to come and slag off a guy's information by saying "oh, I could have known that, that's why I hate ITKs!" That makes absolutely no sense- there are people on here like me who believe he came on here in good faith and shared all the information he had. If you have that much of a problem with ITKs don't comment on them or simply don't come into the section at all. If you do believe in ITKs, fine, give the guy a chance. He's posting something and when you're as desperate as most fans on here are you'll take it, because in the long run it doesn't matter. He could be spewing utter BS, he could be f*cking Levy in disguise, who knows.

The point is not about ITKs, not about what they do or if they really matter, but rather how to treat them and other people. He has said that his contact is a journo. Journo's get things wrong. Does that mean that he is a WUM and that he knew he was wrong or guessed? No, his source was wrong, the source his source uses is wrong, things have changed and he has outdated info, could be any number of things.

But to come on this thread and jump on the guys back for posting a legitimate post that SOME of us found helpful is nonsense. People are saying "Oh I could have guessed that" or "that's not ITK" well why didn't you post it then? Mabbsy did and this post wasn't even proved to be wrong and people STILL slated him. Christ, stay out of the thread if you're only going to bring negativity or complain about it. It's very arrogant to think that everything posted on this forum has to be correct with yourself- some of us want ITK, some of us don't.

I'm frankly disgusted with some poster's actions on this thread.
    • Like Like x 4
  28. deejbah Well-Known Member

deejbah
    Ratings:
    +1,952 / 0 / -0
    To be honest mate, I think a lot of people tend to get more shirty at this time of the year than any other and most would be best off just not reading half the stuff posted. The tension around this time of the season seems to lend itself to almost everyone thinking the worst of other posters, something which is only exacerbated by the numerous WUMs that actually have been around, which leads members who have posted regularly for a while to be have a predisposed bias against newcomers who jump right in (not saying that that is right, just how it seems to me).
  29. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I mean I'm more settled down now. I think it's just stress, frustration, and tension being put into post form. But what made me angry is the fact that people decided to just jump into the thread with all their negative views. It's not like the OP asked for everyone on the forum's opinion on his ITK- nor did he say that everyone had to listen to it. He just shared his information (hasn't even been proven wrong at all mind you) and people still jumped on him. I guess what frustrates me is not people being skeptical about them- it's them just coming into a thread where the guy put some info in and immediately refuting it and ridiculing him.I can't think why someone would do that- if you don't want to believe it, don't read it. Are they worried the rest of the forum may believe this guy is credible and simply looking out for the greater good? No, they just wanted to slate someone and found a scapegoat. His posts weren't exactly being taken as gospel or anything so I don't think there was a need to say anything.
  30. deejbah Well-Known Member

deejbah
    Ratings:
    +1,952 / 0 / -0
    I reckon that the reaction is probably a result of the main ITK thread being locked, so if someone comes on with ITK info, all the built up frustration from that thread gets taken out in the threads that are open.
    • Like Like x 2