Scott Parker vs L'pool

Discussion in 'Spurs Videos' started by jd1882, Sep 23, 2011.

1. jd1882 Active Member

jd1882
    Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0

Absolutely love this guy atm.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 42 / -0
    That's why I gave him my highest rating for this match - the glue that helps to keep the midfield ticking over (mixing my metaphors here:001_302:). Bring in Sandro and you'll have the best defensive midfield pairing in the EPL - simple as.
  3. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    what a player!

finally we got someone who is agressive + can tackle good and pass and hold the ball well.

that all combined was exactly what palacios and jenas couldnt do

Also parker is suprior to sandro in that aspect.

look how often he goes back to take the ball which allows modric to push further up the pitch..... thats usually something modric always does.

you are having a laugh capello if u put back lampard in the lineup for england instead of parker.
  4. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    There was a lot of criticism about Parker, from a lot of members including myself. Not anymore. What a player he has been. and for 5m too.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 42 / -0
    I plead guilty on that too, although I never doubted he is a good player.
  6. melbourne_spur Well-Known Member

melbourne_spur
    Ratings:
    +287 / 0 / -0
    I'm suprised by his close control of the ball. Both feet he just traps it with ease. Love the guy already.
  7. 1van Banned !

1van
    Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    I would expect more players to play such simple and yet very effective football.. well done for him..
    1van,
  8. ManilaYid Active Member

ManilaYid
    Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I think Scott Parker's energy is infectious and me thinks it's one of the reasons why we one 2 straight games.

This guy is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. Hope this continues till the end of the season!
  9. deejbah Well-Known Member

deejbah
    Ratings:
    +1,971 / 0 / -0
    He has done nothing less than what I expected. There was a reason he got the award he did. Any time I watched him playing for West Ham last year he was everywhere, doing the job of at least two players.
  10. MagnaThor i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

MagnaThor
    Ratings:
    +933 / 54 / -0
    If this guy was 26, I honestly think Levy would have grabbed that 40 million in a heartbeat for Modric. 4-2-3-1 with Sandro and Parker holding and VDV attacking. Beautiful + 40 million in the bank. Chyeah.
  11. Musashi Well-Known Member

Musashi
    Ratings:
    +997 / 0 / -0
    I've been championing for him since the start of the transfer window. Diarra may be a better player than him but the off-field qualities Parker brings to us would be much more. Parker himself admitted that he learnt a great deal from Claude Makelele himself. I hope Sandro and Thudd can also learn from Parker's game and improve themselves. He can play here until he retires for all I'm concerned. He can become a great mentor and character to have around. Certainly beats other triffic players like Phil Neville.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. StPaulSpur Well-Known Member

StPaulSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,690 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I was one of those who really wondered why we needed him. It seemed like a classic Harry move to me and I mean that in the Phil Neville, Joe Cole sense so it's not a compliment. But damn. He's proved me wrong. Top class. So glad we got him and yeah, for 5 million he's a steal.
  13. StPaulSpur Well-Known Member

StPaulSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,690 / 0 / -0
    Also, got to say it: How is it that of Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs the club with the least worrisome midfield somehow snagged the best midfielder to move to one of those clubs this summer? I mean, if you're Liverpool and you're getting deals done in June and July, how on earth do you say "yeah, 20 million for Jordan Henderson and 10 for Charlie Adam but not 5 for Scott Parker." And Arsenal is even funnier. Looking objectively at that team, Parker addresses almost every single issue they have save the vacuum at CB. How does Wenger not sign him this summer? I mean, I'm as thrilled to benefit from the stupidity of Comolli and Wenger as anyone, but honestly, how does that happen?
  14. nssmuckers New Member

nssmuckers
    Ratings:
    +1,512 / 0 / -0
    Scotty P was dominant. Glad Adebayor had his shirt tucked in for solidarity.

Someone needs to make a Modric compilation from this game...my word that will be sexy.
  15. MagnaThor i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

MagnaThor
    Ratings:
    +933 / 54 / -0
    Seriously, this makes me (and should others on here as well) feel good about our recent windows. Look at how horrible Liverpool's are ending up to be. And Arsenal, it doesn't look like Mertesacker will be the CB for them they hoped him to be. Chelski... where to even start? Honestly, us and United have had the best recent windows than any other top 6 club. I'd be going as far to say as this past summer was our best window for a long while. We got Adebayor, Friedel for free, Parker for 5 million, got rid of Crouch, Palacios, and the Penus for a year at least. Great window, and when compared to the others, it's amazing. Really the only thing that was missing to make it perfect was G. Cahill.
  16. deejbah Well-Known Member

deejbah
    Ratings:
    +1,971 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps Parker was waiting to see if Modric was going to stay? ;)
  17. TehLondoner New Member

TehLondoner
    Ratings:
    +313 / 0 / -0
    How many assists has parker had so far? his vision is immense.
  18. Musashi Well-Known Member

Musashi
    Ratings:
    +997 / 0 / -0
    Wenger will never buy a 30 year old player even if that is what his team needs. Liverpool's transfer strategy is looking for youngish British players with potential. In any case, I'm glad that Parker came to us instead of any of our rivals. While I wouldn't say our midfield is worrisome, I do think we need a stronger spine and some leadership in the team. You won't get that from any up and coming youngster.
  19. iwantpie Well-Known Member

iwantpie
    Ratings:
    +651 / 0 / -0
    Good video that. The passage from about 10secs to 30-odd seconds really highlights the ball-playing side of his game. Great first touch, great energy and good slick passing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
  20. Iconic Drei I am the Drei of all the Icons

Iconic Drei
    Ratings:
    +1,638 / 0 / -0
    Love Scotty Parker, what a difference he's made!

I feel extra confident going into a game (especially away) when he's in the line up. What a signing!!!
  21. najt rajder Active Member

najt rajder
    Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -0
    Liverpool game was the first one in a long time where I saw a lot of moving from the whole midfield. You can see when parker gets a ball, at least one or two players trying to free themselves to be an option. Great preformance from Parker, and I must say that the Modric Parker looks like the CM parring made in heaven. Finally someone that knows how to play 1-2 and someone who knows that when you pass a ball, you have to open op right away. Great buy!!! Hope he can keep it up for a couple of seasons.

Also, as I mentioned, think Mordric will bring the best out of Parker and vice versa.
  22. Yidington New Member

Yidington
    Ratings:
    +1,762 / 0 / -0
    I know it wouldnt of been possible but i cant help but imagine how the season could've started against the two manc clubs with Ade & Parker playing for us in those games.

I'm not saying we'd of won both or even one of them, but i'm certain the goal difference wouldn't of been -7 !!!

On a side note, Great vid, great player, blinding tune! got the spurs shirt on, glowsticks out, and dancing in front of the screen. This office never felt so much cool..
  23. gabrielconroy Well-Known Member

gabrielconroy
    Ratings:
    +862 / 0 / -0
    What a legend. I wasn't sure about him at first (he was obviously a good player with a top class attitude and work rate, but I preferred Diarra) but now I'm extremely happy he's come to Spurs.

Whoever it was that said his energy is infectious is right - I think he makes everyone play with more gusto, drive and commitment just by being in the side, and he also releases Modric to more creative duties and balances the side in general.

For tough away games having the option to play Sandro and Parker as two DMs (how rock solid does that sound?) could well prove to be an invaluable resource. Brilliant buy.

P.S. the music on that video was possibly the most over-compressed/distorted tune I've ever heard on Youtube.
  24. Jimmy Greaves New Member

Jimmy Greaves
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    MOTM. Great video
  25. Croat New Member

Croat
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    great great player,shame that he's not a few years younger
  26. jd1882 Active Member

jd1882
    Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    He has signed Squilaci (30), Arteta (29), not that it's going to do them much good. Just shows that the guy is loosing the plot! he wants to stay at gooners for 14 more years and so do I, lol.
  27. Mattads1882 Donator

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +684 / 7 / -0
    Does he kick out at the player at the very end of the video when he gets blocked off ? Not something I expected to see............. Anyway great performances so far, great player. Made an impact straight away sort of like what Sarge did when he came in as we were desperate for someone who could break up the play back then. Having him and Sandro at Spurs we shouldn't have any worries about DM.
  28. rossdfc Well-Known Member

rossdfc
    Ratings:
    +3,242 / 1 / -0
    [MENTION=8104]TehLondoner[/MENTION] - just the one, for Adebayor against Wolves.
  29. TehLondoner New Member

TehLondoner
    Ratings:
    +313 / 0 / -0
    I expect more to come. He his very unlucky not to have more. Parker I LOVE YOU!! Our midfield is the best!

:eek:16: