Scott Parker

Discussion in 'Player Chat' started by donnie, Aug 24, 2009.

1. donnie New Member

donnie
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CorLuka Modric New Member

CorLuka Modric
    Ratings:
    +351 / 0 / -0
    Last thread on this was closed as people joined in with the very helpful input of 'hes a c*nt' without explaining in any way!

Would be an efficient signing should he stay fit (judging by last season his injuries aren't as common) One thing holding it up would be what he is earning at West Spam.... isnt it around 80k? Would have to slice a good amount of that imo, im sure he could manage to live off 50k per week somehow (i feel for him though, it must be hard!)

I still feel Sissoko would be the big signing, but should that come to nothing i'd take Parker or Brown
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Roscono3 champions league vip Moderator

Roscono3
    Ratings:
    +6,166 / 16 / -0
    This story was doing the rounds in the pub yesterday i thought it was they was talking s**t.

Defo do a geat job for us imo!
  4. spurs_striker Active Member

spurs_striker
    Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    I don't hate him, but I don't rate him at all. I think he is pretty useless and only exists to annoy the opposition.
  5. Prem4eva New Member

Prem4eva
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I personally would love him at Spurs, tough tackling and very decent on the ball and with West Ham only a few days away from basically having their directors sitting outside Upton Park playing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" on a banjo with a tin-can for the charitable pennies, we could really get him on the cheap. really hope this happens.
  6. belondon Well-Known Member

belondon
    Ratings:
    +750 / 0 / -0
    who would we drop from him in the starting 11 right now?
  7. CorLuka Modric New Member

CorLuka Modric
    Ratings:
    +351 / 0 / -0
    I think he'd have to come in and bide his time for a while until Hudd isnt performing, and Parker will have to fight for a place and impress in training to get into the side
  8. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +11,818 / 53 / -1
    If he is coming into our CM would you not rather take pompeys only decent player?

I would 1000%
  9. CorLuka Modric New Member

CorLuka Modric
    Ratings:
    +351 / 0 / -0
    Hmm do you not think we need another battling central player, either to play alongside Palacios or allow him a break every now and then? I think another tough center mid is a priority, whereas Krancjar is a lot more of a technical player... give it a year and i'll take Krancjar free of charge :)
  10. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +11,818 / 53 / -1
    Mate next year according to some we will be in the market for Mesi atfer wrapping up the league and FA cup.

Wont need Kranj or Parker then!!! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CorLuka Modric New Member

CorLuka Modric
    Ratings:
    +351 / 0 / -0
    Fair shout, but of course you missed Carling cup from the list, don't forget this is our treble year :D
    And yes, Messi should help us go a few better next year, im certainly expecting at least 4 honours
  12. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,454 / 0 / -0

By CHARLIE WYETT
    Published: Today

[​IMG] Add a comment (19)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

HARRY REDKNAPP reckons two new January signings could boost Tottenham's bid for silverware.

The Spurs boss admits his team will go into Wednesday's Champions League clash with Werder Bremen on a high after their 3-2 win at Arsenal.
    Yet Redknapp is desperate to sign at least two more players.
    Spurs are still interested in West Ham midfielder Scott Parker and Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema.
    Redknapp said: "I am looking to bring people in this January. We need to tweak it to finish it off.
    "There's one or two other bits we could do, without spending a fortune, that could make a difference to the team.
    "We've a new training ground coming, the club's in good shape and we can go forward.
    "Tottenham have got a title in them in the next few years. I genuinely feel that - why shouldn't I?
    "It's there for someone to pull off a surprise and our win at Arsenal gives us great confidence.
    "Champions League nights are special at White Hart Lane and we've got to get a win."

Read more: Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp on hunt for star duo | The Sun |Sport|Football
  13. Roscono3 champions league vip Moderator

Roscono3
    Ratings:
    +6,166 / 16 / -0
    Ive said it before and ill say it again Scotty Parker would command a place in our CM.....his a top player and imo is a must in January!!!
  14. tsmith92yiddo New Member

tsmith92yiddo
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If Parker joined would he get a place in the strongest 11?
    I wouldnt think so.. I like parker though, great technical ability.
  15. Roscono3 champions league vip Moderator

Roscono3
    Ratings:
    +6,166 / 16 / -0
    He's better than JJ, Wilson & Sandro imo........Ok Hudd would get in the 1st team all day long BUT Hudd's out until March so we must improve that part of our squad.
  16. bradders Legend!

bradders
    Ratings:
    +916 / 0 / -0
    i am on the fence with this tbh, 1 leg one side the other leg the other with sore bollox where i landed on them lmao. really dont know bout this
  17. Short But Speedy New Member

Short But Speedy
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Seems to me he's better at distribution then Wilson is (thats not saying much I distribute better then Wilson). For a 451 formation wilson just doesn't work out, especially with his dip in form. Sandro while i think he's a good signing for use, he's to yougn and not adapted to the Premier league yet. Jenas can do a job in a pinch (didn't do terrible against arsenal) but he's not going to be able to do it the whole time Huddlestone is out. Parkers up there in age so he won't hurt Sandros progression to much if at all.
  18. yidno1 Well-Known Member

yidno1
    Ratings:
    +1,787 / 47 / -0
    Agree Ross , Parker is a better option that Jenas, Wilson and Sandro the guy can not only put a tackle in and pass the ball to feet but he scores goals which would be bonus for us.

Ive been banging on about Scott for years, hes wasted at the pikies and if Harry wants him then i say go get him.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. USpur Well-Known Member

USpur
    Ratings:
    +1,418 / 11 / -0
    Parker just signed a new deal so his price tag would be decently high. (X) Million plus Jenas or O'Hara seems like a big price for only an aging minor upgrade to the bench. Just wait for the fire sale after they get relegated.
  20. Roscono3 champions league vip Moderator

Roscono3
    Ratings:
    +6,166 / 16 / -0

Problem is I cant see JJ wanting to join them seeing they are bottom and he is actually getting games in the team atm....As for O'hara i can see him ending up there but that all depends if there frog face manager Avram grant dont get that sack.
  21. Short But Speedy New Member

Short But Speedy
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    That is a very valid point.
  22. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,201 / 9 / -0
    I could possibly see Keano go there as stated in the DM only if they stay up, they are after him....but yeah Ros has it spot on, O'Hara may be used as a makeweight in the deal....all depends on if Avram Greenback is around
  23. davids01 Well-Known Member

davids01
    Ratings:
    +194 / 1 / -0
    well he had a GREAAT game on the weekend, maybe he would of been a valuable addition after all.
  24. Lilywhite74 Moderator

Lilywhite74
    Ratings:
    +5,249 / 12 / -0
    I've said before I think he'll be here in January, we already turned his head in the summer, new contract or no. I think he could do a job for us in the middle of the park.
  25. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,850 / 60 / -0
    I've a theory on that tho.

It was made pretty clear by Parker before he signed that deal that he wanted 1 last bash at a big club playing in Europe. Suddenly he's signed a new contract & saying that he never wanted to leave Spam.

Whilst he probably did not want to leave Spam, it was very clear that he wanted to be playing in top competitions and it was also pretty clear that he did not believe he would get that at Spam. He was also frustrated at Gold & Sullivan for not allowing him that chance, especially after he felt he had served Spam so well.

I would not be surprised at all if he had certain clauses written into his new contract which gave him a bit of movement. Under his old contract G&S were able to deny Parker the move he clearly wanted. I have a hunch that Scott might have said that, if Spam were not challenging for a place in Europe, maybe even by January, then G&S would allow him to leave.

Given the arrogance of G&S & te amount they talked up Spam in the summer, it would not surprise me either if they happily agreed to such a clause thinking that their club, with the mighty Avram at the helm, would be in the Champion's League by Xmas! They are SO deluded.

I'm convinced tho that Parker will have had some clause written in that will allow him to leave, especially with them bottom of the League.
  26. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,201 / 9 / -0
    Daily Express today saying the Spammers have agreed to sell him to us for 8 million, same price as the summer.
  27. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,705 / 16 / -0
    If true that would be both awesome and disappointing, imagine where we could be if we had his quality in the center of the park all year.
  28. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,454 / 0 / -0
    We need a ball winner now Huddlestone is out. Problem is, we're currently over stacked in midfield.
  29. yidno1 Well-Known Member

yidno1
    Ratings:
    +1,787 / 47 / -0
    Yeah just heard this on talksport and if confirmed will be a superb signing, he is a great player surrounded by shit at west ham !
    Been wanting SP for years he's the player we need infront of the back four and scores effing goals something that Jj, hudd, Wilson and sandro do not offer.
    A better option than all 4 IMO
  30. grottim Well-Known Member

grottim
    Ratings:
    +965 / 3 / -0
    I think if we sign parker then i'd keep Jenas in reserve if we can as i see him as higher up the order than wilson. I think if Parker comes to spurs then we should say bye bye wilson. His dsitribution just isnt good enough for a champions league team so i think we should say thank you and show him the door.