Serge Aurier One Year Follow-Up Poll

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by bfwolf, May 17, 2018.

?

Given his alleged purchase price of £23M, how good a purchase was Aurier?

Poll closed May 24, 2018.
  1. 1 - A terrible purchase

10.3%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

10.3%
  4. 4

17.2%
  5. 5 - Neither a good nor a bad purchase

34.5%
  6. 6

20.7%
  7. 7

6.9%
  8. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9 - A great purchase

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    For each new signing from the Summer 2015 on, I created a transfer rating poll where everybody could mark their opinion for posterity. This is the one year follow-up poll, where you can register your opinion on the transfer based on everything you've learned to date. We'll be able to compare the data to the original transfer poll and to the final transfer poll when the player leaves the club.
  2. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    He'd have got a zero if it'd been an option.
    The owners & management at PSG must still be laughing their stones off!!!
  3. PhillySpurs Active Member

PhillySpurs
    US (From Philly area live in Martinsburg, WV)
    Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -0
    He filled a need that Poch thought he needed. Personally, I think KWP could have filled that need. Aurier played either well or very poor. There really wasn't an in between. He had moments where I thought that he was going to turn out pretty good. Then he would go out and put in a terrible display. I do not think he was as bad as some might think (Although I know that we all see things differently), but he was pretty bad at times.
  4. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    We should have gone with KWP, sold Rose and added the money together and gotten a top left back. Hind sight I suppose.
  5. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    3 from me. When we bought him, I thought he was a shoe-in to be a good contributor on the field but was a major worry off it. It's been the opposite. His off-the-field behavior has been fine, but he's been pretty bad on the field. He's done some good things but makes way too many mistakes. And while he's strong, he's not nearly as fast as I'd hoped. Maybe there's a better player in there somewhere, but he may just end up being a bit of a bust. If we sell him, hopefully we don't lose any money.
  6. NYYiddo1019 Well-Known Member

NYYiddo1019
    Ratings:
    +1,612 / 43 / -0
    3. He shows promise, but he is prone to terrible, terrible mistakes. Everytime he was near the penalty area, I feared the worse and he did concede two penalties in two big games. I'm not going to give up on him yet, but if next season he does not improve, we should cut our losses.
  7. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,087 / 124 / -0
    Went right down the middle with a 5. For the best part he was a complete mess, but there is something that makes me think he could be a great 2nd season player....fingers crossed..
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hazza Well-Known Member

Hazza
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 20 / -0
    5 - At times he has looked very good. More often than not though he's looked like a bit of a liability in that he is a red card waiting to happen, too many times he has followed a poor touch with a dangerous lunge at an opponent.
    • Agree Agree x 1