Shamrock away (tallaght}

Discussion in 'Europa League Discussions' started by Newlandyids69, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Newlandyids69 New Member

Newlandyids69
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Looks like shamrock looking to cashing in on spurs game and moving match to aviva stadium capacity 51700 could be a great couple of days and good ticket allocation aswell there ground holds 6000 (daily mail) Happy days COYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. NI Yiddo New Member

NI Yiddo
    Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Should be good craic... any idea when its being held?
  3. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure it's around the middle of December sometime.
  4. rudi New Member

rudi
    Ratings:
    +1,961 / 0 / -0
    Seriously, though, what would be the best way to get tickets for friends of mine? Direct from Rovers?
    rudi,
  5. Newlandyids69 New Member

Newlandyids69
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Dec 15th 6.00 pm ko defo going over if it comes off makes sense for rovers to get money in as only semi pro team
  6. Leno_SRFC New Member

Leno_SRFC
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    hi lads,
    we're pushing for it to be held in Tallaght, as its our home and it would make for a better game / atmosphere. dont know if UEFA will give it the green light though, but heres hoping. we have an event junkie culture here (plastic paddies), we'd rather thats kept away from the game! the real fans deserve to witness this (unfortunately, the catch for your lot is that you'll only get about max800 tickets)
    Depending on where its held, there are plenty of boozers around, if its in Tallaght, your best drinking in the city and hopping on the tram (30-45mins) which brings your directly to the stadium's doorstep, few boozers by the stadium as well.
    If its Lansdowne Rd, you have the option of boozing in the City Centre or the dozen or so pubs around the ground, all decent pubs too, "The Horseshow House" being my boozer of choice near the aviva.
    Looking forward to both ties. All the best
    • Like Like x 2
  7. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,815 / 33 / -0
    mate i dont think we have any chance of it being held in tallaght tbh.im trying to organise a boozer for any spurs fans coming over just to try and keep people in the same place,as a season ticket holder for rovers id love it in tallaght but the fai are hungry cnuts and will push for it to be moved as well,we just have to buy as many tickets as we can to stop these fair weather fans getting their hands on them,pity they cant do the tickets ofr a tenner and fiver for kids like the cup final but i dont think they will have any problem filling it at full price,btw you heard anything about the trip to whl yet?? i havnt seen any details yet
  8. Leno_SRFC New Member

Leno_SRFC
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    its wishful thinking alright, would love it to be in Tallaght all the same.
    Theres a day trip organised for the 29th, price will be announced tomorrow, the info on who to contact is on the Ultras forum, doing my own thing, flying Dub - Heathrow on the 29th, mid-day, fly back on next day around the same time.
    I work in Ballsbridge and know the manager of the Horseshow very well, If you need any contacts let me know, easily the biggest of all pubs around that area, inside and out the back too, they'll probably have the marquee up too out the back. (no doubt it'll be raining)
  9. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,815 / 33 / -0
    cheers mate sounds ideal,ive been onto a few boozers in town but theyre abit wary and the only one so far to say ok is tom mays,but thats because the supporters club meet there,but its in fooking nth fredrick st and abit of a track across
  10. Leno_SRFC New Member

Leno_SRFC
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    no worries, drop me a PM if you need a contact name, will have a word with him if your thinking the horseshow.
  11. loyal thfc belfast New Member

loyal thfc belfast
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    the game has to held in aviva, lol, any idea when there will be confirmation on the venue ?
  12. Father Ted New Member

Father Ted
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    75% chance it will be held in Tallaght according to informed sources.Confirmation expected on tuesday.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. laos New Member

laos
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    laos,
  14. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,815 / 33 / -0
    im hearing its not looking good for getting the spurs game at the aviva,ufea saying rovers would have to play the 3 games there as you cant have 2 grounds for differant matches in the same group,this is really bad news as theres no way we could fill the aviva for anyone else in the group,that means rovers will have a cap of 10000 with added seats which means away fans will get about 800 i think.the only way i can see around it is if they do a 3 match ticket where you have to buy a ticket for the 3 game sin one go,but these schemes having worked when the fai tried them before,from a personnal point of view im delighted rovers get to play at tallaght as its a great little ground and gives us better chance of results but from my spurs side of my brain its a fooking disaster
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  15. a-Balafas New Member

a-Balafas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't understand why they insist on playing the games at tallaght. I can understand their love for their stadium, but first of all it's a shame to play a european match in a 6000 capacity stadium, and second, they should also think about the wellfare of their team. I don't think that Rubin will send many supporters but only from the 2 matches against Tottenham and PAOK Shamrock could make a little fortune!
  16. Rovers-ULTRA New Member

Rovers-ULTRA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    its costs about 200k to rent the aviva,we've fought for 20+ years to get our own home ground,if they can be played in Tallaght,They'll be played there!

And i for own hope they are played in our home ground!

KOH
  17. Father Ted New Member

Father Ted
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Number one Rovers are a club that are owned totally by their fans,no outside investers and money is not our God.We take great pride in our achevments since we took over approx.6 years ago.As it stands now we have overcome two of the obstacals to holding the games in Tallaght.Planning permission has been secured,health and safty has also been approved.The last problem is UEFA and hopfully they will give the green light tomorrow.
    Watch this space!
    • Like Like x 2
  18. muckser Donator

muckser
    Ratings:
    +98 / 2 / -0
    UEFA have said its the AVIVA . Was on Irelands RTE news at 4 thats there BBC really. Said fai agreed to tallaght but ground not upto it according to uefa
  19. Hoops Member

Hoops
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    That's not the case. An Irish reporter working for TV3 stated on Twitter that it would be in the Aviva, but a short time later, Shamrock Rovers stated that nothing had been confirmed and we still await a decision. The UEFA 'inspector' or whatever you wish to call him, is due in Tallaght tomorrow. Word is we're expecting a decision then too. Rovers have the backing of the FAI and the local council ( SDCC ) who own the stadium. The proposal is to install a further 4,000 seats to bring the capacity up to 10,000. Which is perfect, if you're a Rovers fan. We could be here until this fixture v Spurs on Dec 15th discussing why we are so '' insistent '' as one poster put it, on having all our gams in Tallaght, but the vast majority of us fans have everything crossed that the UEFA official gives the nod. We see Tallaght as not only a home but it also has an ayr of intimidation and hostility about it at the best of times. If you scower youtube for clips ( pre-match ) v Copenhagen for example ( here it is actually SRFC Ultras Vs FC Copenhagen - YouTube ) you can hear the noise generated by 6,000 odd fans. Would you hear that noise in the Emirates Stadium were there is 10 times that amount? Very noisy and passionate bunch of fans us Hoops :)
  20. Father Ted New Member

Father Ted
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to say but nothing is confirmed yet.And RTE are ,like the BBC,paid for by the taxpayer but are probably the least informed of Irish radio stations.Nothing but second hand news.
  21. grottim Well-Known Member

grottim
    Ratings:
    +965 / 3 / -0
    completely ludicrous if they have the option of playing at the aviva. Completely ruins it for the away support and also whether you agree or not it would be a great cash boost for a poor side (financially) which in the future may even help in you guys in making your own nicer stadium. It's like tottenham playing there game at barnets stadium or something when we have the option of wembley.
  22. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,815 / 33 / -0
    its nothing like that in fairness mate.we were just about out of buissness 6 years ago,supporters stepped in and with the help of getting a new ground built the club back up to the level its at now.the money they ar emaking from tv rights alone would run the club and put it on a even more sound ground than were on now so making loads of money isnt as appealing as playing the games at our home ground.i understand spurs fans being pissed off and from my point of view its a bit of disaster with the amount of tickets i can get ,would you given the chance last season to play our cl games at wembley for the exra money??? i dont think you would and either would i
  23. Hoops Member

Hoops
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Ah it's not really mate. You've got to weigh up the pro's and cons from our viewpoint. In Ireland, there is a lot of what we call '' barstoolers ''. Basically, those who claim to be vivid Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool etc fans, but have never been to WHL, OT, Anfield etc. Now, when the draw was made and it became known that Shamrock Rovers would be playing Tottenham in Dublin in December, there was and is hundreds if not thousands of Irish Spurs '' fans '' who foamed at the mouth at the prospect. '' How do I get a ticket, Where do I get a ticket .... ''. Now that's not what we want. What we want is all genuine SRFC and THFC fans to come and enjoy the match. How many genuine Rovers fans? Well, our average home attendance is 4,500 odd, but we did have roughly 17,000 at the cup final at the Aviva co-incidentally enough last year so it's hard to estimate.

What we want basically is to keep the ''barstoolers'' away. By playing in Tallaght it would allow us to do that, more or less. Say it is in Tallaght. Well capacity would be brought up to 10,000. By the time our members & season ticket holders are taken care of, there should be 7,000 odd tickets left. 800 for the away fans. Leaves 6,200. Then you have the usual dignitories, UEFA, VIP, Media and so on. Say we have 5,000 left for general sale. Believe me, we would have more han 5,000 genuine Rovers fans who would que a week in advance to get there hands on one! The ''barstoolers'' wouldn't.

I honestly believe if the game was in the Aviva, we would be out numbered. And what an embarassment that would be, especially if you conider half of your '' away '' support would actually probaly only live 20 minutes down the road. Whole issue really boils peoples blood. If the barstoolers got tickets for the limited 10k capacity in Tallaght, it would be a traversty as it would almost ensure genuine Rovers fans would be left without a ticket. If we had it in the Aviva on the on the other hand, the barstoolers would be lapping it up. Cringeworthy thought that maybe you can't appreciate.

It's not just the ''barstool'' support that is the main reason we're driving to secure Tallaght as the home venue. Like I mentioned above, I, and many other firmly believe we would generate a very special atmosphere at Tallaght as opposed to the Aviva which our players could only thrive on. There is umpteen more reasons, history fighting for our home ground etc but you have to understand where we are coming from. I wholeheartdly understand your disappointment though if your support was restricted to 800.
    • Like Like x 3
  24. grottim Well-Known Member

grottim
    Ratings:
    +965 / 3 / -0
    its a different situation though. I mean we can offer i dunno 3000 tickets for away fans im not sure on the percentages but we give a reasonable amount. for me only being able to offer 800 away tickets to a club that is a £100 flight or ferry away is ridiculous. Dont get me wrong mate i dunno much about the irish league but to me it does seem a bit strange that a club the size of spurs can only bring 800 fans to the ground.
  25. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,815 / 33 / -0
    i know mate,and it limits the amount of tickets i can get for my spurs mates coming over big time but im also a rovers fan so i know what it means to the club and fans as well.im sure alot more than 800 will come either way and trying to organise a boozer either way,mate its the first time an irish team has got this far and we want to own it for what it is a chance of a lifetime,and as hoops says the sight of an aviva where rovers as the home team are outnumbered is abit much to ask.
  26. Hoops Member

Hoops
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Forgive me, but that does seem a rather arrogant view. It's been pointed out, if we succeed in securing Tallaght Stadium as the venue. The capacity would only be 10k. In many respects, this has a wider appeal for our fans than it does yours. If capacity is only 10k, we need to ensure we cater for all our supporters. 800 out of 10,000, for the record is 8%. Now if you flip the coin, taking our allocation at lets say, 3,000 or the game at WHL, then considering the capacity at WHL is only 36,200 odd, then that 3,000 too is only 8%. Fair is fair?
  27. Hoops Member

Hoops
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    THE LATEST:

Rovers prepare to bring Europe to Tallaght

Soccer : Shamrock Rovers have provisionally been given permission to use Tallaght Stadium for their upcoming Europa League group games.

Uefa have given League of Ireland champions the green light, providing the stadium passes a routine inspection next week when the additional seats are added to bring the attendance up to at least 8,000.

Rovers, who will host Tottenham, Rubin Kazan and PAOK Salonika, were keen to stay in their home ground for the games after making history by reaching the group stages with a 3-2 aggregate win over Partizan Belgrade last week.

Rubin Kazan will be the first to visit on September 15th before the visits of PAOK on November 3rd and Spurs on December 15th.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soc...303229766.html

--------------------

The bit in bold there, if proves true, really stretches our '' leighway '' with regard to away fan allocation. If our capacity is only 8,000, I think if you's lot got 800, then that would be quite good all things considered. This ISN'T just a money making exercise for the club and it's not the attitude the club, players, or fans are taking. We're in it to win it.

Costs 200,000 Euro just to open the Aviva Stadium. It costs roughly 18,000 Euro to open Tallaght stadium. We have 3 home matches. 3 x 200,000 = 600,000 Euro. That's already half of our revenue for the whole competition. Madness. So Tallaght too, is more financially viable. I have everything crossed for it.​
  28. grottim Well-Known Member

grottim
    Ratings:
    +965 / 3 / -0
    i do understand that you guys want to keep things in your stadium however from a spurs point of view you do have to see how frustrating it is when we could have a decent allocation if you guys moved the stadium. What it might be nice to see is spurs fans who have been paid members of our club since before the start of the year only being allowed to buy away tickets which could alleviate some of the concerns you have about barstoolers as you put it.
  29. Hoops Member

Hoops
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Well what happened for the previous away teams ie Copenhagen, Partizan etc, was that there allocation was sent over to them o it was entirely up to them as to how they went about distributing them. If you get 800 say, then Rovers should send over 800 to THFC and then your members or fans can get them from your ticket office or whatever. What the concerns are is that the ''barstoolers'' would buy them for the Rovers end, from Rovers, and then in doing so take away from a genuine fan getting one. Lets be honest, the ''barstoolers'' would come to this game and never be seen in Tallaght Stadium again. '' One-hit wonders ''. That's not what we want.

A proposal or more a suggestion but forward by a number of our fans was that we should try and block book the 3 home games together, which means if you want a ticket for the Spurs game, then you have to pay for a ticket for the Rubin & PAOK games too. And then fair enough if you don't go to those 2 '' less appealing '' tie's, but at least you've given the club money. I personally amn't in favour of that approach, but we're just going to have to sit tight and wait and see what Mr.UEFA says tomorrow before we can make any decisions.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Figgy Well-Known Member

Figgy
    Ratings:
    +512 / 0 / -0
    I think it's good they keep it there. Better atmosphere. Spurs fans might be pissed off, but what do you expect in the Europa League? This guys would have to fork a load out for the other games with hardly any income. Keep it at Tallaght and fingers crossed you have a ticket. Like someone said, it's not all about money and if they can get the 12 man via the crowd... then good luck on 'em, we'll just have to show them what we have at WHL!
    • Like Like x 1