Souleymane Coulibaly In Defoe Out

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by morro24, Sep 1, 2011.

1. morro24 New Member

morro24
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    After the Next Gen Inter Milan mauling, Tottenham Technical Co-ordinator TimSherwood singled out the latest forward nicknamed the “new Drogba,” “SouleymaneCoulibaly was unbelievable. He played up front on his own, absolutely batteredtheir two centre-halves and scored two goals.

When is the last time a Spurs forward did this to an opposition? If rumours are to believed we should have swapped 'Offside and Can't hold up the ball' Defoe for Cahill and give this lad his chance at 16 years old like Everton did with Rooney.

We would have had a better defence and also a forward who will terrorize defences and score goals!
  2. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +1,451 / 5 / -0
    He didn't batter centre backs of the senior Inter Milan team. He battered centre backs of players at his level. Its extremely rare that a 16 year is ready to make any impact in the first team of an EPL club, or any around europe.
  3. morro24 New Member

morro24
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Still is a better bet than Defoe, what on earth has Defoe added to our team for the last one and half years? NOTHING!
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  4. gg17 Active Member

gg17
    Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    If Defoe starts scoring again this season please dont make an apology thread!! There will be enough of them already!

Im getting very bored of the defoe hate on this board! Pay his some respect, he's only scored 100 goals for our club.
    gg17,
    • Like Like x 9
  5. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +1,451 / 5 / -0
    How do you possibly know that? That would have been a monumental risk, having a strike-force of Adebayor, Pavlyuchenko and Coulibaly.

That's mental.
  6. Iconic Drei I am the Drei of all the Icons

Iconic Drei
    Ratings:
    +1,638 / 0 / -0
    Are you mental?
    • Like Like x 3
  7. morro24 New Member

morro24
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Defoe has had his day, time to move on along with Pavlyuchenko. This young lad just has it and should be given opportunity now.
  8. orlandospursfan Active Member

orlandospursfan
    Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Wow, the threads that are popping up now-a-days......
    • Like Like x 1
  9. morro24 New Member

morro24
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Out of the three forwards Crouch, Defoe and Pavlyuchenko. Pavlyuchenko is utter rubbish and worst of the three. Defoe is on a downward curve and Crouch is not great but actually added something with van der vaart last seaon. Guess who we sell Crouch. We had previously sold Bent and kept Defoe, what a mug Redknapp is!
  10. Hollicks Hotspurs Active Member

Hollicks Hotspurs
    Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0
    And when Rooney made his debut for Everton he was built like a bloke... think Soli needs to grow a bit and it's important not to rush him too early.
  11. morro24 New Member

morro24
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Coulibaly shoud start on bench and start giving him 20 mins. What about Tendulker for India he started playing cricket for them at 16? if your good enough your old enough!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,784 / 21 / -0
    pretty sure kane would get a chance before him
  13. morro24 New Member

morro24
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I think Kane is a good prospect too and Coulibaly and him should start on the bench.
  14. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,513 / 3 / -0
    Tweets from WindyCOYS (who was actually at the game) about him.......he's very young and will need a few years to fully develop, no way would I play him over Defoe

"Soli definitely not one for the first team yet, calm down people! Looks a great prospect though."

"Lots of people asking about Soli - all action player, good finisher. General play not there just yet but he's only 16! Time on his side."

and the write up

Windy's Blog

"Souleymane Coulibaly 8 - My first glimpse, and he was pretty much what I expected. An enthusiastic, live-wire striker who never stops pressing/harrying. A good finisher with good technique, but a tendency to take on shots that perhaps he shouldn't. "
  15. morro24 New Member

morro24
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Just the Striker we need now. We need opposition defences to be in a game, which has not happened for a long time!
  16. TreyNerd Well-Known Member

TreyNerd
    Ratings:
    +1,239 / 19 / -0
    So the Tottenham pwn another Italian side, tell us something we dont already know ;)

Id love souleymane to be played at 18..
  17. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,513 / 3 / -0
    The striker we need now is Adebayor.......

not a young 16 year old who has played about 5 games for our academy side. The idea could work either way, but this season is all about results and playing proven players not throwing a young player into the fire to see how he'd do. We need results and we need them now, which is why getting a striker like Adebayor is what we need now.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. morro24 New Member

morro24
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Coulibaly on the bench now at 16 is better bet than Pav on the bench now. Pav versus Hearts was the worst performance I can remember fron Spurs player in a long, long while! At least Crouch tried against Man City! Kane showed Pav for what he is utter garbarge without any heart or technique!
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Yorkshire Yid Well-Known Member

Yorkshire Yid
    Ratings:
    +394 / 5 / -0
    The problem with Pav is not that he is shit it just that he doesn't give a shit.
  20. GTGio Well-Known Member

GTGio
    Ratings:
    +195 / 0 / -0
    I agree that it is too soon for the Souleyman (the souleymonster!!!) But there is absolutly no doubt he has a lot of talent and providing he keep his head down and keeps doing what he's doing im sure it wont be too long until we hear about him really breaking through!! The biggest let down for me this window was definatly pav not going, i mean why is he still here? Should have sold him and give Harry Kane more of a part to play especially in the europa which i think we will anyway. Very exited for both of them though and i hope they actually get a chance here at spurs and not just keep getting overlooked!!
  21. morro24 New Member

morro24
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    All he has is a good shot and that's once in a blue moon. His attitude is disgraceful. Cant control and hold a ball, cant win headers, does not harry defenders. I would load him out now to championship club. Not worth place in squad!
  22. alexgn New Member

alexgn
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Don’t you think Harry should get a fair share of blame for playing Defoe game after game when it was obvious he couldn’t regain his form after injury? It happens to the best of them. Rooney, Torres and others.

Don't you think a young talented kid at 16 years of age could benefit playing alongside of an experienced striker who played and scored at every level?

I'd agree with others. Your idea of replacing any of our current strikers with a 16 year old, as talented as he may be, is crazy.
  23. PonchoTHFC New Member

PonchoTHFC
    Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    if we had such faith to sign him in the first place i believe he should at least be given an chance to play, wether it be in europa league or cup matches, and possibly a chance of bench for first team.

i think cellabalos or whatever his name is, should have a year in the reserves to get used to the english way and showcase his talent and then be given a chance, i just hope that after a couple of years playing for reserves i hope we dont sell them or never give them a chance at first team.
  24. morro24 New Member

morro24
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    sometimes u have to take risks. Redknapp does not take risks. Bale if you remember only was given chance due to injury of another player.
  25. alexgn New Member

alexgn
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Giving a chance to a young player and replacing an established player with a 16 year old is not the same.
    I am not going to argue with you over this. :)
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  26. morro24 New Member

morro24
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Its also like Huddlestone, he is struggling to walk let alone run. Surely he needs another operation and a youngster is a better option than an injured player?
  27. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    You mean to tell me that Coulibaly, a 16-year-old with NO experience whatsoever, is better than Defoe, a full England international who has scored over 20 goals in a season and in the world cup? I've actually been relatively impressed with Defoe this year so far, and while Coulibaly is definitely one for the future and has the potential to be better then Defoe, there's no way I'd pick him over Defoe. All I can say is wow to this thread.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. SweSpurs massive bellend according to bigdub

SweSpurs
    Ratings:
    +2,089 / 21 / -0
    Just imagine him on FM 12!
    Sorry off-topic, we can't use Coulibaly in the league, those are too important games, hopefully in the Carling Cup
  29. Chivalry Well-Known Member

Chivalry
    Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Well we have the Europa league games coming up, do the under 21 rules apply for that aswell? (as in dont need to be on submitted sheet)

Id like to see him given a go.
  30. Yorkshire Yid Well-Known Member

Yorkshire Yid
    Ratings:
    +394 / 5 / -0
    He should play aginst Shamrock perfect chance to show us what he can do.