Summer Transfer Window 2018: Rumours/Speculation

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by USspur, Apr 3, 2018.

1. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,025 / 28 / -0
    Our ground staff won numerous awards for their performance throughout the season (think it was 2015) so like you said they’ve done their homework
  2. FLYank Active Member

FLYank
    Ratings:
    +192 / 4 / -0
  3. PhildoVT Active Member

PhildoVT
    Ratings:
    +430 / 6 / -0
  4. Maslas Well-Known Member

Maslas
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 27 / -0
    Lol!

I spoke to someone that makes cars and he says using electric motors is fraught with challenges. Maybe Tesla should give up too?

Why do you honestly support this club man? I have a hard time imagining you get joy from all of the whinging you do.
  5. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    im not speaking of the grass once it is laid. i am speaking of the homework that (probably) happened a long time ago to ensure the concept as well as mechanics, etc work. this wasnt something that was drawn up and we decided to do it do it on a whim, all willy nilly like.

no doubt our ground crew will keep everything in tip top shape once everything is in place, though.
  6. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,792 / 49 / -0
    And I was just pointing out what I had been told by someone experienced in that type of work.
  7. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,792 / 49 / -0
    A bit of perspective here then ,I dont have to explain myself to you and I really dont expect you to get what I"m on about but I shall persevere with this, your in the states doing whatever you do , believing your way of supporting this club is to just agree with whatever Levy and the current board do, and thats up to you.
    Now , I am here in the UK and the difference here , means I am in contact with people, and mix with people , who are a lot more interested in supporting the club than someone who posts a few positive sounding lines on a Spurs forum, they are dedicated followers , their interest is total.
    The discussions we have cover everything Spurs which tells me they have a much deeper knowledge and greater insight of the club that is closer to the truth than the tepid stuff you get on here, therefore their opinions count in my estimation (they dont do forums btw), add on all the sh*te I have to tolerate from others, from work etc , the media spinning, and you wonder why I post the way I do lol.

The genral state of affairs the club finds itself in with the stadium issues, is like a final straw for a growing band of fans whose frustrations have turned to anger , because they feel so badly let down and lied to by Levy and the board , including some of the fans I know , and I mentioned tolerate, well knowing them as I do, they would have no hesitation in telling someone like you , to shove your incredibly naive and weak opinions up your yankee arse ........but I wont.
  8. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,025 / 28 / -0
    Ah the old “I’m a bigger fan than you because I live in the UK” comeback, pretty ignorant stance so fcuk that nonsense. I guess all the ex pats over here who don’t go to games anymore? Are they considered less of a fan now?

Plenty of people over here and other parts of the world are just dedicated to those in the UK

The only thing you have over them is that you get to go to matches every week and there’s nothing fans elsewhere can do in regards to do.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 16 / -0
    It's only English football fans who I've seen doing this. I follow the NBA nearly as much as I follow football, and I've never experienced that kind of condescension from Americans. The only time it ever gets attention, is when they're giving me props, because I'm up until 4am watching Pels games haha. It's the same with hockey too.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maslas Well-Known Member

Maslas
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 27 / -0
    Of course you don't owe me anything. I appreciate you trying to humor me, even if you did it in the most condescending manner possible.
  11. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    I think you should get props for watching Pelicans games at ANY time of day.

I keed, I keed!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,792 / 49 / -0
    Really ?

How convenient of you to twist my words to suit your agenda , try reading my post again but slower.
  13. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,792 / 49 / -0
    You dont like my posts , that bird has flown , and you are probably a far better fan than me, and its not humour .
  14. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,025 / 28 / -0
    You came off that way, if you didn’t intend to then fair enough
  15. Maslas Well-Known Member

Maslas
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 27 / -0
    Now that is funny to me. I'm sure I'm not a better fan (not sure I even understand that thought anymore). I love the club and I enjoy it for what it is, not what it could or should be.

I will say this though. All of my teams, save for uni, I had to adopt from a long distance. I grew up in a family that moved constantly. The culture and ethos of the club attracted me to it. My relationship with the club says something about me and for that reason it's hard for me to imagine loving it more or less than anyone else does. It's too personal for that sort of comparison.
  16. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,087 / 124 / -0
    Being a fan should be considered the same regardless of how many games you attend or don’t attend or what part of the world you were born, if it came down to that alone then we would have technically only 32,000 “proper” fans, but it does boil down to money, logistics, priorities etc etc....
    I used to get to 8/10 games a season, now it’s one game every two years if lucky, but what has changed is I get to see every single Spurs game live on TV in the states (which means usually getting out of bed at 6.00 on a weekend) compared to say one game a month (if lucky) back in the UK...horses for courses I suppose!!
    Love the club.
    Respect the current team a lot.
    Really wish we had signed at least one 60m+ player this summer.
    Hate Levy with a passion.
    Hate our transfer policy even more.
    Deep down I know we will never win a league title in my lifetime (unless we get new owners) but still believe.

But does any of the above make me any more or any less of a fan than anyone who thinks differently? Probably not!!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    There’s no shame in DVRing the match, telling all your football friends to shut their traps and not give away the score, and watching at a decent hour when you wake up naturally.
  18. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,087 / 124 / -0
    Yep, that too!!
  19. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,087 / 124 / -0
    So Sky just won’t let up with comparing squads....Now that all squads have been registered here’s the key facts....
    English players....Spurs 10th
    Youngest squad....Spurs 9th
    Most PL experience...Spurs 7th
  20. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    objection. conjecture. the rest of your post is fine (quite condescending, but fine), but the bolded is a load of shit.

saying someone in england is "a lot more interested in supporting the club than someone who posts ... on a Spurs forum and (an englishman) are more dedicated followers, their interest is total" is bullshit and you can blow it out your own ass
  21. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,792 / 49 / -0
    I honestly dont regard anyone is better or more loyal than anyone else, but in truth I have always felt I am not as strong a supporter as the regulars because of how few matches I have attended over the many years I have followed the club, however ,when you questioned my support for the club and mocked my posts, sorry but that hit a nerve , and I reacted . Anyway, the point I was trying to explain to you was/is that I am having to tolerate a lot of stick, negavity and anger from fans/ people I mix with and from the media having a go at the club on a regular basis Now I imagine and I am guessing here , that you dont have to put up with a similar situation wherever you are, and THAT was my salient point, hopefully this gives you a clearer understanding of things from my point of view .
  22. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,792 / 49 / -0
    Perfect, although I dont hate Levy .
  23. Maslas Well-Known Member

Maslas
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 27 / -0
    Oh man, I am sorry. I wasn't trying to question your support. I was just concerned more than anything. Soccer should be full of joy and from the tone of your posts, it doesn't seem to give you much of that lately. If anything that makes your support even more impressive or dedicated.
  24. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,792 / 49 / -0
    You dont have to apologise , I want the best for this club so that it has every chance of winning trophies, I , like many others are not getting that impression from the way the board are doing things.
  25. AJ201 Well-Known Member

AJ201
    Ratings:
    +917 / 25 / -0
  26. madmike Well-Known Member

madmike
    Ratings:
    +628 / 12 / -0
  27. AJ201 Well-Known Member

AJ201
    Ratings:
    +917 / 25 / -0
    Sorry you're right, no one could predict that a club up for sale could be bought.

I don't think I said we should have offered £30m let alone straight away? If Poch wanted him we should started negotiations straight after they lost the playoff final though and made a final bid early on.
  28. madmike Well-Known Member

madmike
    Ratings:
    +628 / 12 / -0
    I was interpreting the article you linked to not you.
    Who knows it’s journos words and I have no idea how we conducted negotiations.
    We made it pretty clear. I doubt if we’d made an early 20 million offer that we would have got him. After that things changed.

JG was promised a move and we used that, daft not to.

Mike
  29. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,549 / 33 / -0
    So strange how people think a club just gets bought out of the blue within a few weeks. Villa must have been in contact for months prior, they knew this was possibility and stalled on selling any of their biggest assets.
  30. madmike Well-Known Member

madmike
    Ratings:
    +628 / 12 / -0
    They certainly stalled. Surprised if JG signs a contract and if he does without a clause on leaving if they don’t get promoted.

Mike
  31. AJ201 Well-Known Member

AJ201
    Ratings:
    +917 / 25 / -0
    Are you shills employed by Levy or do you just do it for the shits and giggles?