Summer Transfer Window 2018: Rumours/Speculation

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by USspur, Apr 3, 2018.

1. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    The cheapest method is to underpay our players AND get them to stay. That has worked up til Toby but now seems ready to bite us in the ass.
  2. AJ201 Well-Known Member

AJ201
    Ratings:
    +917 / 25 / -0
    Levy gets a lot of stick (from rival fans mainly) for underpaying the players, but it's his job to get the to sign for as little as possible. I'm not sure if Toby isn't more about the way the contract negotiations went down rather than the actual £ involved but it's hard to say for sure based on rumours.
  3. BrooklynYid Well-Known Member

BrooklynYid
    Ratings:
    +2,142 / 35 / -0
    But that only works for so long, and gets tougher when you're outed as the highest paid chairman in the PL.
  4. AJ201 Well-Known Member

AJ201
    Ratings:
    +917 / 25 / -0
    It's not a secret how much he gets paid, he's been in the top 3 for a long time and has been the highest paid before now.
  5. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Chaps the supporters asses more than the players asses I would be willing to wager.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. pistols_at_dawn Well-Known Member

pistols_at_dawn
    Ratings:
    +876 / 22 / -0
    Levy knows. I predict Toby signs a new three-year deal sometime this fall, agreeing to a bit less than Kane makes. At his age, it's a win-win.

We have six world-class players, IMO, who would walk into any Starting XI in the world:

Kane
    Eriksen
    Lloris
    Dele
    Toby
    Vertonghen

They are each worth 100K a week or more. Levy will see the light on every one.
  7. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,087 / 124 / -0
    Yaya Toure.....Nothing official of course but he is FREE and has said he will “PAY BACK half his wages at the end of the season if the club aren’t happy with his performances” gotta be Levy:oops::rolleyes::thumb:;):eek:
  8. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,104 / 22 / -0
    And possibly Eriksen as well. DL has spent nothing on new players during the close season, so surely he can afford to give a bit on the Eriksen thing. I'm not suggesting he gets parity with Kane, but ffs give him a decent pay rise. Currently he is on £70K and he sees that idle tosser Ozil on five times that amount, Fabregas gets paid twice Eriksen's salary - of course Eriksen wants a decent raise.
  9. FLYank Active Member

FLYank
    Ratings:
    +192 / 4 / -0
    That's because Arsenal is stupid (or just that desperate). I'd double Eriksen's wage without even blinking. He should be our second highest paid player behind Kane. The question is does he want fair wage or silly money? If he just wants a decent raise then Levy need to break out his wallet. If he thinks we don't need new players because what we have is more than good enough then he needs to put his money where his mouth is
    • Like Like x 1
  10. pedrodelawasp Well-Known Member

pedrodelawasp
    Ratings:
    +696 / 23 / -0
    Rai Sport report (according to SSN) we are going in for Cengiz Under... at £52mil...

I have no idea if that media outlet is at all reliable. I have no idea how good the player is. I do know I am highly sceptical of the idea we will spend that sort of money.
  11. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,025 / 28 / -0
    no chance of that being reliable
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    :thumb::thumb::thumb: