The image of Tottenham Hotspur

Discussion in 'Team Formation' started by Modric14, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Modric14 New Member

Modric14
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've told you guys when I had introduced myself that I need to make a project for my school.

It's a project about the image of Tottenham Hotspur. I think that the most of you know what the word image means. For the ones who doesn't know, i'm going to tell you right now. The image of Tottenham Hotspur is what you guys think of this club. If it's a good club or that they this season suck, so your personal opinion.

You guys are a great help if you want to tell me something of your personal view of this club. So, don't wait and react, haha!

I'm sorry about the spellingmistakes and I'm also sorry if i've posted this topic in the wrong category. I didnĀ“t know where I should post this topic... So please react! :thumbs_up:
  2. bazzabelfast New Member

bazzabelfast
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    my image of tottenham is a massive club with a great history that unfortunately underachieves more than not .
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Modric14 New Member

Modric14
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alright, that's a good opinion, anymore responses?
  4. SAspursfan New Member

SAspursfan
    Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    A very well respected wealthy club, with a huge fan base. Who as mentioned above have underachieved hugely in recent years. But it has a very loyal yiddish support base.

It has always been associated with freeflowing stylish football and has often excelled in Cup Comps.,

Spurs often have many English international players in their team, unlike many other EPL clubs.

In a nutshell, Spurs are the Greatest!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. loyal thfc belfast New Member

loyal thfc belfast
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    my image of thfc is.... they make me happy when they win.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Oldskool Yid New Member

Oldskool Yid
    Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    As SAspurs said, the image of Tottenham is a great tradition of playing the game in the correct way. The supporters are well known for not just accepting victory, we want to win in a stylish way.

Sadly we also have the image of being massive underachievers, as mentioned by others.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. paul turner New Member

paul turner
    Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    i dont care what league spurs would be in or they won nothing for years i always will be a spurs fan they are my life
  8. woody New Member

woody
    Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    tottenham hotspur are a big club with a celebrated history but have under-acheived due to mis-management within the club
  9. Croatia_Gracac New Member

Croatia_Gracac
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My image is that we lack of inteligence. In all segments. But i think we are aproving. The best proove is the signing of Modric and Corluka who are without any doubt the best football players in this club. By football i mean football inteligence. We need to continue buy players who are known for their football knowledge and not for that their are beasts on the field but wen it comes to play footbal they lack of knowledge. We will se what the summer brings to us.
  10. Pitseleh Well-Known Member

Pitseleh
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    i thought it was us english that were biased towards our players? ;)
  11. kevfball63 Banned !

kevfball63
    Ratings:
    +879 / 0 / -0
    Tottenham have always had a tradition of having a majority of English players throughout all squads even to this day my old son = so you make sure you put that in your little project - and also point out that it will be that way cos we are a proud team that likes to represent our country too .
  12. Croatia_Gracac New Member

Croatia_Gracac
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Well England hasn't got enough top players to "fead" 5-6 big clubs. You have one 11 that are world's top but the bench is far away from that league.
  13. kevfball63 Banned !

kevfball63
    Ratings:
    +879 / 0 / -0
    Wtf are you goin on about mate , how is this anything to do with what i posted
  14. Pitseleh Well-Known Member

Pitseleh
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    he was replying to me
  15. Croatia_Gracac New Member

Croatia_Gracac
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    No. kevfball-u wrote that Tottenham has majority of english players. Ok you can have that but kiss away the results.
  16. luminoir Well-Known Member

luminoir
    Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    Tottenham plays football the way you remember playing it when you were young. Lively, vibrant and exciting.
    Of the past few seasons, which games have been considered the best of the season?
    Most of them would have involved us.

This season

Our 4-4 with arsenal
    the double over the bin dippers

Last season
    4-3 with west ham
    4-4 with villa
    7-4 with reading

these are only the ones I can remember off the top of my head. bottom line is, success is nice, but pointless if you're going to do it the everton or chelsea way, which is to bore the **** out of the teams in the way.

Spurs might not be successful of late, but damn it they're going to entertain you.
  17. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,471 / 38 / -1
    What are you getting at pal???
  18. Croatia_Gracac New Member

Croatia_Gracac
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    You can't have results and tradition
  19. SAGE New Member

SAGE
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Beat united and get instant respect!

If you want to lift the image at Tottenham...beat United....go see my thread "THE DEFINATIVE GUIDE TO BEAT MAN UTD"....after the REDS gave them a hiding home and away this season they seem almost sterile! :confused:
    SAGE,
  20. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,471 / 38 / -1
    Watch this space................
  21. Yid04Life Active Member

Yid04Life
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    I'd argue Lennon is up there as being a top player at our club pal.

Tottenham to me means entertainment. Whether we are losing or winning we always seem to be on the attack and that makes me smile when watching. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!
  22. SuperPav New Member

SuperPav
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    We have a great heritage in cup competitions, home and abroad. 8 FA Cups, 3 European trophies, League cup's and the like we are definately a cup team. Good passing football, back in the days of Bill Nich and push and run. Underachievers, certainly in the time I have been alive. Flattering to deceive, bags of potential but something always ****s it up. I strongly feel on our day we can beat anyone, as we have proved over the past few years and we have the best squad outside the top 4. I guess that ties in with another aspect of the club, delusion? Or arrogance? Spurs are also one of the great "big clubs" of English football. Massive, loyal fanbase. History of success, recent success. Big players come to us, even in years of mediocrity we saw the likes of Gascoigne, Ginola and Klinsmann.
  23. CorLuka Modric New Member

CorLuka Modric
    Ratings:
    +351 / 0 / -0
    Definate underachievers, with misguided success efforts. Overspending on a lot of deadwood has created an image of 'big money low success' amongst other football fans.
    Unfortunate but true.
    However with 'Arry in charge im hoping that image will change (Y)
  24. Paddles New Member

Paddles
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Coming from an Australian kid with no former alliegence, Tottenham just seem to stand out, not cause they necessarily win but they are just a joy to watch!
  25. SirBillyNick New Member

SirBillyNick
    Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    :thumbs_up: :clap: :D
  26. kevfball63 Banned !

kevfball63
    Ratings:
    +879 / 0 / -0

When we won the double the vast majority of our team was English ,

John White
    Les Allen
    Ron Henry
    Peter Baker
    Terry Dyson
    Dave Makay
    Bill Brown
    Cliff Jones
    Danny Blanchflower
    Bobby Smith
    Maurice Norman

The only other player to play more than 6 times was Terry Medwin

so dont talk sh!t mate

What other team in the EPL can boast that
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  27. Berbatov Active Member

Berbatov
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Tottenham Hotspur FC is not only a big club with glorious history and tremendous support base. It is the first and only club not in the Football league to win the FA cup. The first to win the Double in the 20th century and the first to introduce foreign players /Ardiles and Villa/ in the English league.

And as my signature say we always win in style :)
  28. Berbatov Active Member

Berbatov
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    As much as I want to agree with you mate, Brown and some of the others are scotish and our beloved Dannyboy was Irish

But they were all from Great britain at least not like some other french london clubs :)
  29. SirBillyNick New Member

SirBillyNick
    Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Think you meant British mate, you've got Scots, Irish & Welsh in that list and in the 60s that was the same everywhere. a better argument would be the current team against say, oh i dunno, Woolwich down the road.
  30. kevfball63 Banned !

kevfball63
    Ratings:
    +879 / 0 / -0
    What i meant was that we didn't suddenly start playing decent football when the european guys came along . We got our success with home grown talent from the united kingdom . That means England Scotland Ireland and Wales .

This guy says - if you read it right = that without them ( Croatian players ) spurs would be nothing and we can kiss goodbye to any success without them if they are gone .

Now that is talkin sh!t ,

I'm very happy having the Croation players at our club and yes they play brilliant in their positions . But if Croatia didn't exist spurs would get their players elsewhere and the club would go forward . My post was about the fact that over the years spurs have had a lot of English players in their squads , and if he cant be bothered to find out any of our history and post that crap then whats the point . This thread is about the image of Tottenham , not about some dolt trying to say we would be nothing without their countrymen in our team .

So stick to the thread topic in future rule 2

Rant over