The reaction thread

Discussion in 'Europa League Discussions' started by Fatboyyid, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,663 / 12 / -1
    Well let's see what you all have to say.

Wait until the final whistle please.
  2. Morecambe Yid New Member

Morecambe Yid
    Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -0
    Can't hold back...

Which one of the under 25s Angry young men will start a Gomes must go thread...

ooh they already have on teh official match thread

Stand behind our team - u have no fookin' idea
    • Like Like x 1
  3. berby999 MODERATOR

berby999
    Ratings:
    +789 / 0 / -0
    Been a great champions league and the lads have done us proud. Been one of the most enjoyable seasons I can remember to be honest. Lets just hope we can make top 4 and have another crack next year.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. DaveYid New Member

DaveYid
    Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    sad way to end a remarkable first season in the champions league for spurs. the damage was already done in madrid.

let's try and remember the young boys comeback, strong perfomances against bremen & twente, bale tearing up inter, and lennon breaking agains ac to win at the san siro.

according to everyone else, we were never meant to get this far!
  5. perstrame Well-Known Member

perstrame
    Ratings:
    +567 / 0 / -0
    I think I have a slight, completely heterosexual, man-crush on Gareth Bale and Luka Modric.
  6. River Founder Founder

River
    Ratings:
    +4,520 / 9 / -0
    This will be my only post tonight as im fooked, BUT alot of you wont like it . Im proud as proud can be when it comes down to the TEAM and being a yid, however tonight shows AGAIN that Gomez isnt the player we need at the back. Ive mentioned this 7 times this season at least costing us 3 points a time due to poor positioning or just complete **** ups. Each time bring it up its met with "he's saved us shit loads" Well whos to say that another keeper wouldnt have done the same, or another keeper would have been in a better position so wouldnt have had to make that life saving save, or organises and controls his defence better so those mistakes dont happen.

Im sorry but this match was lost before it had started and i just wanted see a good match but Gomez for me is a liability , there is only so many chances people can have and being a keeper you get alot less than the likes to crouch. Add up the points we've lost because of pure mistakes on Gomes head alone, we'd be 4th/3rd and possibly comfortably too.

There is a difference between being a good keeper and making your self look like a good keeper, doing a couple of mental saves a season doesnt make up for the crap he's been, as i said above another keep would have probably not had to make those "saves" alot of you keep going on about.

Over and out.
    • Like Like x 6
  7. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,457 / 36 / -0
    Great Run....that's really all that needs to be said.

A couple things to make everyone feel a bit better after this.

1. We reached the quarterfinals of the Champions League
    2. We made it further than The Scum in the Champions League.
    3. We defeated Inter Milan
    4. We defeated AC Milan
    5. We finished first in our group, a group containing the Italian, Dutch, and German champions.

Those are 5 amazing, amazing things and things that neither Manchester City nor Liverpool can claim given that they didn't even make it. I know people are upset with the result. It is certainly disappointing but it should not overshadow all of the wonderful things we accomplished this season.

The best part about all of this? It's only the beginning!!! We are on the rise lads. The players are excited about the future, the fans are excited about the future, and the manager is excited about the future and with good reason. We have a deep, young, talented squad that is hungry for more after gaining just a taste of the top club competition this season. We are a more cohesive and better functioning team than our rival for fourth, Man City and I expect us to be there in the end. We are just a few pieces away from being able not only to return to the UCL and advance far in it but also from being able to compete for a league title.

Let's put this behind us and look toward the future. We have some seriously important fixtures coming up that we all need to focus on winning. It's going to be a great end of the season lads SO HAVE A BIT OF FUN...that's what it's all about in the end.
    • Like Like x 7
  8. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    Not proud of the way we lost but proud of the way we got there.!
    Javi,
    • Like Like x 1
  9. USpur Well-Known Member

USpur
    Ratings:
    +1,286 / 5 / -0
    If you had told me at the beginning of the season that we would make it past qualifying, top our group that included Inter, beat AC in the knockout stage, and crash out against Madrid, I would have been more than excited about our CL adventure. This was a fantastic time playing against the European giants and the boys made me very proud to support the squad.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DaveYid New Member

DaveYid
    Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    really hope its only the beginning
  11. yidno1 Well-Known Member

yidno1
    Ratings:
    +1,787 / 47 / -0
    Gomes lost us tonights game and threw one in over there aswell, hes a fantastic keeper though.
  12. smcchampers Well-Known Member

smcchampers
    Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -0
    Great performance from team. Pity about result and way goal went In but super support tonight!

Bring on The Filth!!!!
  13. Merseytott New Member

Merseytott
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Really really gutted feel like crying but am so proud of the lads
    Defo should have had a penalty when pav was brought down, but that's footie for you....

Please don't blame gomes it can happen to any keeper, we've been knocked out by a top team
    And man it bloody bloody hurts like hell!!
  14. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    its been a blast.....the last thing i want tho is for us to become one season wonders in the champions league!

i want more......as for the gomes thing i aint getting involved in any bitching.....but in my opinion we need to sign a top class keeper to at least put pressure on gomes as harry doesnt fancy cudicini!

shay given is rotting away at citeh which is a crying fooking shame as hes top top class and every bit as good as joe hart!
  15. willk9 New Member

willk9
    Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    Proud of the team, then fans and what the club as achived. Now let's go and get CL footy again next year!
  16. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    Cheers to Champions League next season!
    Javi,
  17. mattyvw Well-Known Member

mattyvw
    Ratings:
    +535 / 1 / -0
    good 1st season. But you cant do owt if you cant score at 1 end and cant keep em out at the other. The fans and players didnt deserve to end it that way.
  18. perstrame Well-Known Member

perstrame
    Ratings:
    +567 / 0 / -0
    Another thing:

Our back four was ****ing class tonight. I don't think I've ever seen us defend better then we did tonight. Dawson is a ****ing machine. Gallas is a ****ing machine. BAE didn't put a foot wrong. Corluka played the best game he has played in a while.
  19. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Guys I admit, as most of us did, I was very angry and reconsidering everything after the first game. However, all this game is showing me is that we are not as good as Real Madrid, something which we already knew. It isn't surprising how we are reacting to Gomes, Fooker made a terrible error and he probably wants to just bury himself in the field right now. While I agree we may need a new keeper I thought that before the game, if you look at world class teams they have world class keepers, something Gomes will never be and everyone knows that. He has been known to make mistakes, and while I expected him to save the easy shots I didn't expect him to play incredibly well, obviously he didn't. IMO it is just proving we need new strikers (pav has been unlucky but he should have put a chance away and stop shooting so much and giving the ball away, yeah it's time for change.) I also don't know what Harry was doing keeping Hudd in there so long.. Sandro has been class everytime I have seen him and hudd was giving the ball away left and right. But, as I said, none of this surprised me, with luck we could have won 3-0. That's just how football is sometimes. I also think we are a bit out of the flow, which hopefully we will get back in it by being proud of this CL escapade and focusing on the league (we can catch city!) No, what I was surprised about was not the knee-jerk, angry responses, everyone is prone to them, but to the fights I saw on the forum. I am not taking sides but I believe we all support tottenham, all spurs for life, and i think we just need to get behind our team. Yes, our squad has flaws, but we need to get behind what we have and focus on the one thing that is important-supporting the boys.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SpursDK Active Member

SpursDK
    Ratings:
    +105 / 1 / -0
    So damn proud of the team.

That's all.
  21. Nidzumi Active Member

Nidzumi
    Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    Despite Gomes' mistake, it ultimately wasn't that important. We weren't going to beat them 4-0 or 6-1 anyway so who cares?

What a run we've been on though from being 3-0 down against Young Boys, Terrific games against Twente, Bale's hat-trick at the San Siro, Destroying Inter at home, Beating AC MILAN AT THE SAN SIRO and everything in between. A great run, let's hope it won't be the last.

COYS!
  22. funkfish groany fooker lol

funkfish
    Ratings:
    +1,161 / 0 / -0
    we played some very good football in this competition and if we do finish 4th then im sure we can attract that striker we all want
  23. Doug77 New Member

Doug77
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Still so proud of the team. We have done so well to get here. But I wondered why gomes didn't swap shirts, then realised he'd probably just drop it.
  24. mxr808 New Member

mxr808
    Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    In the end I think that Gomes isn't one of the best keepers we could have. But to me it doesn't matter as I think a new keeper should be one of our last priorities. I'd rather us clear out the crap, get a decent strike force and a fully fit back four along with a decent LB (Not a fan of ekotto) before we even think about a new keeper. Gomes has lost us a few points but he's also pulled off some fantastic saves.
  25. yidno1 Well-Known Member

yidno1
    Ratings:
    +1,787 / 47 / -0
    Agreed on BAE another player who switches off too often and flys off with the fairies ffs.

New keeper
    new left back
    new striker/strikers
    thats a start.
  26. weirddave hey you guys

weirddave
    Ratings:
    +2,312 / 2 / -0
    First half, Van Der Vaart was dare I say it '[a little bit] useless'. But in the second half, he was much better ;)

Pav was too afraid to run at them and did u-turns all the time which stagnated the play.

Gomes basically switched off the life-support.
  27. Doug77 New Member

Doug77
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I don't agree. He is a good left back, and played well today. I agree he does worry me when he goes off on one of his runs, but more often than not he pulls them off. At the end of the day, a mistake from a goalkeeper gives them a goal (Gomes both legs), so thats surely a more important place to strengthen.
  28. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,457 / 36 / -0
    May be true, Doug, but nothing is going to convince yidno that BAE is worthwhile. Lord knows people have tried :D
  29. dkmHotspur Active Member

dkmHotspur
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Totally proud of every player. Even Gomes, gk's are already crazy, why chose a position where when you make a mistake you get blamed so much. Anyway loved the fans, although I saw a good amount leave after the goal went in, I guess they were there for themselves the rest seemed to be there for the team. Pav played well again in my eyes, seems to of turned a corner he doesn't run at the defenders but holds the ball up which we need with a 4-4-1-1. Bale ran his socks off and Lennon needs some confidence I think. Anyway I will sleep fine tonight, I mean we have gone further than Arsenal haven't we. Plus we lost to Real Madrid not Dynamo Kiev or Braga we can be proud.

Plus, anyone else read that fooker who said he sold his spurs ticket for 500 quid and was happy he did? I really want to slap him in the face, I bet he puts his Spurs kit right next to his Man Utd and Chelsea one. Cnt.
  30. Danish Yid New Member

Danish Yid
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    It has been a great ride. Now let's concentrate on the rest of the season. It will be very hard and we need to be at our best.