Ticketing question from a noob..

Discussion in 'Tickets & Travel' started by CCZero, Jun 18, 2012.

1. CCZero New Member

CCZero
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to be in London for a week and i'm wondering what the chances are of me getting two General Sale tickets for the 1st September Spurs v Norwich home game are... Should I convince my rubbish non-spurs fan mates that we should get a membership? Or is it likely I'll get some?

Got no idea with this kind of thing as I've never been to London let alone a Spurs game...

THANKS! :)
  2. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,454 / 0 / -0
    I went to the Norwich game last season and think that game did reach general sale.

Since this will be your first game, maybe hedge the risk by buying a membership? It's a once in a life time opportunity and hate to see you lose out :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. CCZero New Member

CCZero
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Awesome thanks mate. I'm 100% keen to get a membership but I will have to convince my mates.

So damn excited!
  4. jonspurs New Member

jonspurs
    Ratings:
    +936 / 0 / -0
    Anyone reckon Southampton away will go to GS?
  5. ant252922 Active Member

ant252922
    Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    A Lillywhite membership allows you to buy one guest ticket the day before they go on general sale.
  6. CCZero New Member

CCZero
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I will probably do that then. Sounds like the best option. Do i need to get a different membership for being overseas? I remember there being an International membership or something last time i checked. Really appreciate the help :)
  7. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,454 / 0 / -0
    You're right, you will need to pick the international option.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,454 / 0 / -0
    Hard to predict because we never played them last season. I would guess a yes though.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CCZero New Member

CCZero
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Just became a One Hotspur lilywhite member.. Thanks for your help!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,454 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TheTodd Active Member

TheTodd
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I'm in the same situation, long time admirer of Spurs and after everything that's happened in the SPL this past year (that's a story for another day) I've decided this season I'll be aiming to get to the lane (and maybe some away trips in the North, like Sunderland).

My question is this - I've plumped for Lillywhite membership. How likely is it I can get two tickets together for a category B match (ie Aston Villa, QPR) if I was trying to aim for this autumn? I know with Lillywhite I can get two tickets the day before General Sale, but are we looking at near sell outs before it gets that far? Buying one membership for me made sense, but not sure if buying two does?

Also, I see Spurs have got Sunderland on Dec 29, that's ideal for me being in Edinburgh - a short trip down the A1. Do people think that would sell out before people like me with my measly 5 loyalty points could get a sniff? It's a long way from London in holiday season against a mid-lower table team so I'm hoping it's a decent shot for me to sample an away game?

These might seem like silly questions, but I'm used to supporting Hibs and being able to even pay at the gate for most matches! I realise Spurs will be entirely different...
  12. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,454 / 0 / -0

It's really hard to say how likely it is to get tickets. Membership doesn't guarantee you a ticket. Just guarantees that you have a shot. Can not recall seeing Aston Villa and QPR sell out before general sale so expect it to happen. Sunderland away I think you should be fine. [MENTION=6646]Fatboyyid[/MENTION] our forums global traveller can help.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Wotspur I'm Only a poor little Yiddo, .....

Wotspur
    Ratings:
    +1,473 / 8 / -0
    I have 3 members, me,son and daughter - she rarely wants to come, and I can get hold of a 4th quite easily..... Therefore for many matches I can obtain 4 tickets and with me and my son only able to afford certain games I'm willing to help out, ESP for north away games except for (LFC, man u and city I aim to get to) and cat B C home games
  14. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,731 / 14 / -1
    Sunderland away NEVER sells out, you will be fine buddy, same as with Newcastle. It seems like most Londoners are scared to go that far north as thewy may get attached by ferrets & whippets ;)

I go to all the Northern games as I live in Durham.

Also last season QPR did sell out but not until the late afternoon of bronze/lillywhite on sale day, if you purchase two lilywhite tickets you can link them within your online one hotspur account thus making it easier and quicker to purchase two together.

Villa I think went to guest day which is when a Bronze or lilywhite member can purchase a 2nd ticket for a non member friend, only limitged tickets are available for this.

Hope this info helps.

If you do go to either of the Tyne & Wear games let me know as I try to arrange forum meets so we can put names to faces.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. TheTodd Active Member

TheTodd
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Very helpful.

I'm reassured that Sunderland away never sells out so I know where I'll be going in December! Would be ace to get to the Lane this Sept or Oct though so heres hoping. I suppose my best bet is to buy the girlfriend a lilywhite membership too so I can avoid guest day. No doubt she'll go nuts about wasting money when we're meant to be saving for a house though!
  16. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,454 / 0 / -0
    The way I look at it, if it's once in a lifetime experience, and we only get to live once, it's worth paying for. Spread the cost over a lifetime is what I'd say.
  17. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,731 / 14 / -1
    Houses will be there in 6 years. The Lane won't.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. TheTodd Active Member

TheTodd
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    You're right about that. I'm going to WHL before it goes for good and thats the end!

I've just created a new account for her on eticketing and put her up to Iillywhite too. It'll all be addressed to me so she doesn't need to know the cost! At least now I can avoid the lottery of guest day... Thanks again everyone!
  19. DorsetSpursFan Not a xylophone

DorsetSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +11,712 / 127 / -3
    That is so right! Mrs Dorset comes from the cold dark north and I remember the incredulous looks we used to get when we said we had flown to Newcastle to visit the in-laws. 'An airport in Newcastle?'. Yep, They have all sorts of modern stuff in WaiyAiy land - roads, internal combustion engines, inside toilets, electricity. Whippets? One time we up there and I got REALLY wasted in a pub with some of Mrs D's cousins and she had to step in to stop me buying one from a pikey gentleman, it really seemed like good idea at the time.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Scottenham39 New Member

Scottenham39
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've just bought bronze membership, as after many years of being a spurs fan I decided this was the year I started going to games and also visit the lane! So I've also joined supporters club so hoping I can have easier access to tickets. I'm also in Scotland so will be trying to get to the northern away games. My goal this coming season..... 5 home games, 4 away!
  21. CCZero New Member

CCZero
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Which stand would anyone recommend sitting in? Pretty keen to be part of the action rather then sitting in silence..
  22. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,454 / 0 / -0
    South Stand or blocks in the East Stand that are close to the South Stand.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. TheTodd Active Member

TheTodd
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    So I bought my Lillywhite membership on Saturday. By Sunday my eTicketing account was credited with 5 loyalty points. Today it's back down to 0. Whats with that? Also, should I expect the membership pack thing soon or just before the season starts? I have a similar membership for Hibs (stadium entry card, priority period for tickets etc all managed via ticketmater eTicketing) and that arrived after a couple of days.

I'm not overly concerned about the missing loyalty points as it's only 5 and its not like it stops me trying to buy home match tickets but it would've been a good place to build from!
  24. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,454 / 0 / -0
    It may have been a glitch with the system. Think loyalty points are awarded not only for buying tickets for home/away matches but also for renewal. Maybe its the system recalibrating itself?

No idea when the new membership packs will arrive, normally in advance of the start of the new football season.

By the way, don't throw away the card. Ever. I've had the same card since the 10/11 season and had to be reused for 11/12 and same again for 12/13.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. TheTodd Active Member

TheTodd
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Cheers and duly noted!
  26. rhonkt Well-Known Member

rhonkt
    Ratings:
    +1,722 / 29 / -0
    So how does the guest on-sale date work? The member buys a ticket on the member on-sale date, then hope the seat next to the member is still open on the guest on-sale date? This would seem unlikely.
  27. halo1427 Well-Known Member

halo1427
    Ratings:
    +212 / 3 / -0
    what about if i just wanted to make one game from abroad? are there good seats on ebay or similar? would be willing to spend on them to have some good seats.
  28. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,454 / 0 / -0
    The process is correct.

Whether the next seat is available is dependent on the fixture. If it's Man City, it'd be tough. If it's Reading, maybe easier.
  29. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,454 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't risk buying from non officiated sites to be honest. By the way, selling football tickets on the secondary market is illegal by law here in Britain.
  30. Ancientmariner Member

Ancientmariner
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I'm kinda in the same situation as well. I'm going to be studying abroad in the UK for the fall semester and I plan on attending a match or two at the lane. I'm hoping I can see them play Aston Villa in early October, is it likely that tickets will sell out before they reach the public sale? I am considering buying a lilywhite membership so I have a better shot at tickets, but I am wondering if it is necessary for a game such as one against villa. I am going to be in Canterbury so I can realistically go to more than one game.

I would also love to see them play against arse-enal in november at emirates (weekend of my birthday). I was wondering how likely would I be able to get tickets for that match?I know the stadium is a lot bigger than the Lane, but I figure that tickets sell quicker because it's a high profile game. Any help on these topics would be much appreciated!