Tom Carroll

Discussion in 'Player Chat' started by Hollicks Hotspurs, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Hollicks Hotspurs Active Member

Hollicks Hotspurs
    Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0

Seems like a good lad and played very well at Orient last season. Looks to have a bright future.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  2. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    Thanks there's barely any video on this kid. There's that one grainy video of him dribbling past a few defenders for Orient.

Carroll and Luongo have a lot of potential.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  3. IH8GOONS New Member

IH8GOONS
    Ratings:
    +236 / 0 / -0
    Is it just me or does he look like he is alot younger than 19?
  4. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    He just turned 19 last month but he's one of those guys that's always gonna look young for his age.
  5. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,661 / 12 / -1
    Carrol & Kane could prove to be big for the club in a few years.

[MENTION=5155]spursman18[/MENTION] will know more about him
    • Like Like x 2
  6. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,513 / 3 / -0
    What really impressed me about Tom was that on his first loan out he had a direct impact at his loan club. He came in and really did well and had a lot of Orient fans praising his ability. He has a great eye for a pass and he ran their central midfield in a few games. It was strange though, towards the end of his loan as well as our other loanees there (Kane & M-Poku) were used off and on as opposed to the beginning of their loan when they were getting regular games. I couldnt come across a reason why this happened, but his performances didnt seem to drop all that much. It'll be interesting to see how he does out on loan, and if he makes the step up to the Championship next season. A few of the academy players nicknamed him the "new Modric" so if thats anything to go by he has a bright future if he can break through.
  7. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +1,452 / 5 / -0
    He looks about 14 haha.

Seemed like he's got his head screwed on properly, with the drinking comments and such, which is always a good sign in young players. It would be awesome if we can get some of these youth players throughto the first team.

Bit weird that the only real video out there is a Dutch TV interview...haha
  8. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    I think it's because they're playing a tournament out there.... I think...
  9. deejbah Well-Known Member

deejbah
    Ratings:
    +1,971 / 0 / -0
    Is it from the most recent tournament that they played in?

Also, good to hear that he is talking about becoming stronger with his non-dominant foot.
  10. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,513 / 3 / -0
    Yeah, its from the Copa Amsterdam youth tournament that we played in last month.
  11. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    I'm glad to hear he's been reading this forum....:001_302:
  12. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,072 / 38 / -0
    I was so impressed with this lad tonight. He looks like he should be in prep school but he was excellent. For such a little lad he was quite tough on the ball too! He was so committed and on the few occasions he lost the ball he worked so hard to get it back.In possession tho he was probably the best on the pitch, certainly until Niko came on. I really was impressed by him, and he was everywhere too and always wanted the ball.All out youngsters did well, but he really stood out for me
    • Like Like x 2
  13. funkfish groany fooker lol

funkfish
    Ratings:
    +1,161 / 0 / -0
    got to agree their bass, carroll was the stand out player for me tonight. give him a few years to bulk up a bit and hes gonna have a hell of a career me thinks
  14. Chivalry Well-Known Member

Chivalry
    Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely 100% agree, i dont like to make comparisons as i feel each player should be thought of as individual. But i remember a certain similar debut not so long ago by a scouse whos still very famous up there, to this day.

The guy ran for everything. Apparently he was on right wing? (wasnt paying much attention to the formation other than names) he definetly looked like a composed central midfield. Like he had been playing for years! His pass to set up Kane to earn the penalty was sublime aswell, perfectly weighted with nothing but a reflex to take the chance to make the pass.
  15. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    Like I said in the match thread I project him as a deep lying play-maker, even though he wasn't to creative today. I just think he needs to get some games. He hasn't really played many competitive matches, unless you count reserve matches. Hopefully with that performance he'll get some championship sides looking at him. I mean seriously if I was a bottom half to mid table championship side how could I argue against making a bid for him. He obviously can cut it, he just needs some experience. As some have said he's pretty light but at one point during the match he held off a player quite successfully on the touchline and kept possession. He doesn't need to bulk up that much, I just think he needs to get used to the physicality.
  16. Chivalry Well-Known Member

Chivalry
    Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I think he just needs to grow up (age wise, not in a belittling way) a few more years and he will have a bit more weight to him. Regardless, what a player.
  17. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    Even though he's made his appearance before them I can see Luongo and Ceballos getting into the team sooner. For what he does he needs matches to improve, while the other two boys can learn by just being in the team.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  18. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    Moved to the player chat section.
  19. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Just for debate's sake, I'd like to see the guy next to Sandro.

Sandro's maybe 2 years older but the guy is 6'2", big and strong, and has a full beard! This guy couldn't pass for 16, and I doubt he's even had a facial hair in his life.

The good thing is that there is time for both of them to grow, both physically and technically, as well as mentally (carroll more on the first, Sandro more on the second, and both on the third obviously)
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Scarlotti Well-Known Member

Scarlotti
    Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It was good to see some young Academy players given their chance tonight in what was a mere formality for us against Hearts!

Of the Academy players I was most impressed by Carroll - his industry & "getting stuck in attitude" for someone of such frail stature........ Luka-esque!!!!!!

And I know I'm getting older but gotta agree with others above - how young does Tom look!!!!
  21. Matt Well-Known Member

Matt
    Ratings:
    +546 / 1 / -0
    I think he was playing on the left? Like the left sided midfielder Harry liked to play who could step in and drift with an overlapping left back (Townsend) like the way Modric used to play when we had Bale at left back. Ill admit getting a bit confused for a while though with all the new names and none of their numbers on the squad list on the programme.

Looked real good though, really kept demanding the ball as often as possible which is great to see, he kept reminding me of Jenas the way he sticked his arms out and almost begged for a pass. I really hope the relationship ends there though, but there were a couple of times he got brushed off the ball too easily and I think when Hearts hit the bar he let his man go way, I cant see him stepping into a Premier League game any time soon. I just hope a bit of experience and bulking up will addresses that
    Matt,
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Scarlotti Well-Known Member

Scarlotti
    Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I believe Carroll started on the left but moved right when substitutions took place later on!

Either way he didn't look like a winger - as you say he did what Modric (and Kranjicar) did when played wide left - and moved inside at the first opportunity! It hardly mattered given the state of the tie and the fact that Townsend played as a winger despite being designated as a full-back!

He did make mistakes but given it was his first game I'd have expected them - and he was still going at 90 minutes where the other debutants had flagged a bit!

The experience can only do him good - would love to see us have more Academy players make the grade in our first team!
  23. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 42 / -0
    I'm not sure if Coulibaly has his work permit yet, but if he has I'd have given him a run out last night. Yes, put out Harry Kane by all means, but I saw nothing special about Kane, although admittedly I've seen relatively little of him.
  24. deejbah Well-Known Member

deejbah
    Ratings:
    +1,971 / 0 / -0
    The Europa League and the u19 competition should really give a chance for these young guys to progress their games.
  25. Musashi Well-Known Member

Musashi
    Ratings:
    +997 / 0 / -0
    His name is Carroll. If he plays in the PL for half a season, he'll be worth 35M. :p
  26. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    So surely Liverpool will pay £50m for him if that's his market value. :y15:
  27. Dtrain23 New Member

Dtrain23
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    He looked good last night, wasn't against much opposition but still composed, great on and off the ball and a real eye for a pass.
  28. Hollicks Hotspurs Active Member

Hollicks Hotspurs
    Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0
  29. harrys lovechild Well-Known Member

harrys lovechild
    Ratings:
    +1,401 / 0 / -0
    real good read that, lets hope there optimism bears fruit, and he goes on to play many games for us
  30. amerispurs Active Member

amerispurs
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I am excited to see him in action against Rovers tomorrow night. I was not able to see the Hearts game at WHL, but I think we will give it a go and attack tomorrow, which I think is one of his strengths.