Tottenham "Incoming" Rumours

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by The Slikmeister, Feb 21, 2018.

1. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    We have an "outgoing" Rumours thread but couldn't find one for "Incoming" so ere tiz!
  2. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,360 / 60 / -0
    Thats because according to the media, no one ever comes to Tottenham...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    I'll start the ball rolling on this.

Two rumours circling the net today are........
    1. Lots of sites reporting that Spurs have already agreed a deal with Fulham for Ryan Sessegnon & he will be joining us in the summer. If this one has legs its a great deal for us. He's an exciting young English player who has done extremely well at Craven Cottage playing on the left, either in defence or in midfield.
    With Danny Rose's future at the club uncertain could this lad be his long term replacement?

2. Both today & yesterday the word is out that we are in the market for a long term replacement for The Moose. Not surprising really considering his age & injury problems. As good as he his, both right now & in the past, he ain't gonna go on for ever.
    The main name being bandied about is that of 20yo Amadou Diawara who currently ply's his trade at Napoli. Supposedly the 2 clubs are in discussions over a summer deal & a price in the region of £33m is being rumoured. He's a 6ft tall right footed DM player, born in Guinea but soon to become an Italian citizen.
    He likes to sit deep just in front of his CB's & is lauded for his passing ability, his defensive pressing & tackling & his reading of the play.
    At Napoli he's understudy to Jorginho which means he isn't 1st choice but still gets plenty of game time & is highly regarded.
    The other name being touted is that of French International DM Geoffrey Kondogbia. Currently on loan at Sevilla from Inter & has almost identical attributes to Diawara.
    He's 25yo, 6ft 2" tall & is left footed. Things didn't pan out well for him in Milan but he's been in top form this season in Spain. I'll be watching the game later between Sevilla & Manure to run my eye over him.
  4. white hart pain Active Member

white hart pain
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Richarlison and Doucoure from Watford. Though I heard today Doucoure prefers Le Arse. Diawara sounds good, but I'm not sure there's really a like for like replacement for Dembele anywhere. For example I don't think he likes to sit deep, he strikes me as more of a box to box type who has some simply incredible attributes about him.
  5. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,360 / 60 / -0
  6. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,549 / 33 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,360 / 60 / -0
    He's got incriminating evidence against Poch. Its the only answer.
  8. TheSpurEST Well-Known Member

TheSpurEST
    Ratings:
    +1,144 / 33 / -0
    Well, yes, sure.
    Let's buy a Brazilian full international who was the player creating most chances in last season Champions League for 25 mil and then compliment him with lifelong championship/relegation battler (ah, sorry, left out flopping in ManU from here!) who can run fast but has never proved that he has any football brain for twice the money.

That makes a lot of sense.
  9. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,104 / 22 / -0
    Agree - lots of pace, but not a great deal of end product.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,360 / 60 / -0
  11. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Trade a 27 year old for an 18 year old and I bet we sell DR for double we pay for RS? Deal.
  12. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    Alabama Spur said ....If true, I guess we've seen the last of Danny Rose[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily.
    I did a bit of checking up on him & apparently he's been pushed much further forward this season playing almost all of his games for Fulham on the left side of their midfield. That's one of the reasons he's banged in 12 goals for them.
    Its quite possible that in the long term, we could see him becoming Bale like, not Rose like.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,025 / 28 / -0
    Not necessarily.
    I did a bit of checking up on him & apparently he's been pushed much further forward this season playing almost all of his games for Fulham on the left side of their midfield. That's one of the reasons he's banged in 12 goals for them.
    Its quite possible that in the long term, we could see him becoming Bale like, not Rose like.[/QUOTE]

Still in Poch's system if we play with wing backs which if we sign RS then he'd most likely keep Rose out.

Given Rose's injuries this summer might be time to cash in on him
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ginola'sWhiteHeart Well-Known Member

Ginola'sWhiteHeart
    Ratings:
    +1,538 / 16 / -0
    Sadly, his stock isn't nearly as high as it was last season.
  15. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,025 / 28 / -0
    which is why it might make the most sense to sell this summer as i dont see him playing as well as he did last season anytime soon
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,104 / 22 / -0
    He needs time following his injuries.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    If he does sign for us I agree that initially he would most likely play as a LWB in our system, particularly if we play with 3 at the back. His obvious attacking instincts would make him a very dangerous proposition with that extra defender in there.
    He's only 17yo though & I still think in time he will end up playing on either the left side of a front 3 or on that side in a 3 just behind a CF.
  18. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
  19. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
  20. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Report: Tottenham and Arsenal set for summer fight over £22m-rated midfielder | TottenhamBlog.com

21. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
  22. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,360 / 60 / -0
    Tottenham plan new move for Leicester's Demarai Gray - sources

Can someone explain to me why we only seem to go after attacking midfielders? I can imagine this conversation...
    "Hey, Mauricio, Toby is probably leaving, and Dembele is looking likely to leave as well. Oh and Fernando isn't too happy so he wants to go."
    Poch: "How many AM's do we have?"
    "Six if you count Sissoko"
    Poch: "I think we need one more"
  23. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    The other bizarre part of the article is Gray isn’t happy that he’s not starting regularly. So he wants to come to Spurs and compete against a boatload of accomplished wingers in their primes?
  24. Dave Well-Known Member

Dave
    Ratings:
    +4,316 / 78 / -0
    Good player Gray. I think we need to look at having a proper plan B or C. We need strikers but everyone we get cant produce in the way we play. We're a bit set in our ways. Theres plenty of good strikers out there who we must have thought twice about because he doesnt fit in.
    Dave,
  25. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    But attacking players has to be our area of least need. We have 6 good options for 4 spots (3 spots if we ever go back to a back 3). The oldest of which is 26. Assuming we hold on to all of them, that's pretty good depth. Plus we have Llorente, who hasn't shown himself to be a good option and is old but does provide add'l depth. I'm not even counting Sissoko.

At CM we have an aging Dembele who will inevitably decline, a relatively unproven Harry Winks, and a not-good-enough Sissoko (when he plays CM).

At LB, we've got a decent but not great Davies and a semi-decent used-to-be-great Rose who may want to leave.

At RB, we've got Trippier who a fine backup but is really not good enough as a first 11 guy and Aurier who has had a pretty bad first season. And an unproven KWP.

At CB, we've got Vertonghen who is great but is starting to get up there in age (surely has a few good seasons left in him still though) and a good, young player in Sanchez. Then we've got the great Toby, who may be on his way out due to a contract dispute. And a relatively unproven Foyth.

At GK and DM, we're fine.

When I look at our positions, my prioritization for addressing it in the offseason is RB, CM, LB (if Rose goes), CB. We've got limited resources, and I just don't see how attacking players, DM, or GK even comes up unless we see a tremendous bargain or we're just buying somebody for the future.

EDIT: Actually, I shouldn't say we're fine at DM. We have 2 respectable options, but it's reasonable to think we could try to improve there.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Dave Well-Known Member

Dave
    Ratings:
    +4,316 / 78 / -0
    We shouldnt need any AM's, youre right but i guess it depends on how many people have a say in the buying of players and what they think of those we have. Personally, id say we needed someone with proper pace like a Zaha. Moura looks ok but needs time to settle. I dont think Lamela cuts it, nor Sissoko. So we have 3 good enough ;- Son, Alli and Eriksen. Dembele plays deeper anyway.

Its an interesting point you raise but id go get Zaha asap and even Gray would be decent. A ball playing CM, probably a right back and a good striker.
    Dave,
  27. philthy Well-Known Member

philthy
    Ratings:
    +405 / 17 / -0
    :thumb:
  28. helen7 Well-Known Member

helen7
    Ratings:
    +706 / 83 / -0
    Any buying we do this summer will need to be funded by outgoings.

N'Koudou
    - Is he even getting game time at Burnley? Can see him going for any more than 10m; and then it will be a hard sell.
    Sissoko - Not set the world alight; but he has never had a run in the team. A good player; but we aren't using him. Won't recoup 30m for sure. Maybe 15-20.
    Toby - Given how little he has played; it is very possible that a deal is already in place and they are protecting him. Not sure we would get 50m from a team outside the Prem; and not sure we would want to strenghten City, United or Chelsea (who could afford him).

We also have Onnamah, Carter Vickers, Jannsen who are likley not good enough to make the Spurs squad.

If we want to challenge for the title, it will likely be in 2019/2020. This will allow for 1 transition season at the new WHL. We would need realistic rotations for Kane and Eriksen, a replacement for Dembele and upgrades to both full backs.
  29. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    If we can hoodwink someone into giving us 15 to 20 million for Sissoko, I'll be happy as a clam.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,549 / 33 / -0
    Easy in this market. Hopefully he gets some group games at the world cup if he makes the squad for an even bigger bump.