U18/U21/Loans

Discussion in 'Players Lounge' started by spursman18, Aug 7, 2010.

1. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,453 / 3 / -0
    Kyle Naughton has join Leicester City on loan until January
  2. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,453 / 3 / -0
  3. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,453 / 3 / -0
    Leeds loan for Alnwick - News Articles - Tottenhamhotspur.com

Ben Alnwick has joined Championship side Leeds United on a one-month loan.

Goalkeeper Ben has previously spent time on loan with Luton Town, Leicester City, Carlisle United and Norwich City since joining us from Sunderland in January, 2007 as well as appearing on three occasions in our colours.

I still cant believe we have him on our books, good luck Leeds!
  4. 1990Hotspur New Member

1990Hotspur
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    by all accounts, Naughton had a absolutley brilliant debut today.......
  5. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,453 / 3 / -0
    Good to hear about Naughton

Caulker got the opener today for Bristol City but unfortunately they lost 3-2
  6. 1990Hotspur New Member

1990Hotspur
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    We seriously need some of these boys to progress into our first team. With the stadium looking more expensive by the day, having a batch of youth products come through could be a god send. The problem is though, is that the youth have to be very good to even get a sniff of first team action, which i guess shows how far we have come.....
  7. 1990Hotspur New Member

1990Hotspur
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    Been surfing the net to find out how our young lads are doing. This is how I perceive the general consensus of the fans are towards our youth players on loan.....

WALKER (QPR): Seems to be playing really well. Started like a house on fire in his first few games, probably cooled off slightly lately, but so have QPR as a whole.

BOSTOCK (Hull): Everyone has seen that wonder goal he scored on his début, but I'm afraid that's as good as it has got for him. He can't get into the side and when he does, he isn't working hard enough or having much of an effect on the game........didn't this happen at Bentford last year to?

TOWNSEND (Ipswich): Playing pretty well by all accounts. The Ipswich fans seem to love him as he tries and is positives with his runs. They say he definitely Premiership quality and seems to be improving as his confidence grows.

LIVERMORE (Ipswich): Only been there for a few games but has started pretty well. Good debut where he got an assist. I really liked reading the bits where the fans have said that they see why he's at Spurs, because he's a good passer of the ball. Yesterday he was apparently at the heart of everything good that Town did.

ROSE (Bristol City): To be honest I haven't heard to much about how Danny is doing. From the small bits that I have heard, it sounds like he's settled well (however the team aren't playing well) and is a notably a class above the rest.

CAULKER (Bristol City): They absolutely love him and he's been brilliant. They are certain that he will be in our first team squad next year and so am I.

NAUGHTON (Leicester City): Played 2 games. MotM on his debut, and yesterday arguably MotM again and scored. Not going to badly for him so far then. The City fans think he is different class and would like to have him, however are not sure if Harry sees him as a Spurs player long term.

OBIKA (Palace): Not much to report to be honest. Hasn't played much and when he has its been from the bench. He got injured and I haven't heard much from him since. James Vaughan has out classed him since his loan from Everton by all accounts.

MASON (Doncaster): Again, a bit like Obika to be honest. Played a few games and was ok, then got injured and hasn't been seen since. Whether or not he is till injured I don't know.

ALNWICK (Leeds): Haven't heard a thing about him........

BUTTON (Plymouth): Started brightly and then got injured (where have i heard that before?). From what I can gather, seems as though the Argyle fans prefer him to their current keeper.

PARRETT (Plymouth): A bit like Bostock really, doesn't work hard enough, goes missing and isn't up to the physical demands in the centre of the midfield. Seems to be resigned to the bench at the moment, however, I have heard that he looks pretty decent when he is on the ball....

M'POKU (Leyton Orient): Spurman will tell you more about him than I can, however it sounds like he's done well so far.

SMITH (Bournemouth): Played really well on his debut, but had a bit of a nightmare against Southhampton. Should be returning from suspension soon.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  8. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,453 / 3 / -0
    Finally get to watch Caulker, Rose, and Kyle Walker tomorrow on the TV

anyone in the US QPR v Bristol City live 230 pm est on FS +
  9. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,453 / 3 / -0
    Paul-Jose M'Poku's loan at League One side Leyton Orient has been extended until January 8.

The Belgium Under-19 captain has made three appearances since joining The O's on an initial one-month loan.
  10. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,453 / 3 / -0
    Loan watch - News Articles - Tottenhamhotspur.com

The full-back (pictured above) completed the full 90 minutes in his 10th appearance for Rangers as his side maintained their unbeaten record in the Championship with a 3-1 win against Watford.

Jake Livermore also put in a full shift for Ipswich Town and played his part in Town's 2-1 win at Sheffield United to move into sixth.

The midfielder was involved in the move that led to his side's second goal converted by Gareth McAuley. Andros Townsend was an unused substitute.

Kyle Naughton played 90 minutes as Leicester City made it five matches unbeaten under Sven Goran Eriksson in the Championship. The Foxes beat Barnsley 2-0 at Oakwell.

Both Danny Rose (pictured below) and Steven Caulker played 90 minutes as Bristol City fought out a 1-1 draw against Preston at Ashton Gate.

John Bostock came on just after the hour for Hull City against S****horpe and set-up the Tigers best chance in a 1-0 defeat. He threaded a fine pass through to ex-Spur Nicky Barmby, who squared for James Harper, who missed the target. S****horpe then struck in the last minute.

Jon Obika was an unused substitute for Palace in a 2-1 defeat at Middlesbrough.

Two of our loaned players experienced mixed fortunes in the first round of the FA Cup.

Adam Smith was involved in an amazing tie for Bournemouth against Tranmere where his side went 3-0 up in seven minutes only for Tranmere to level it at 3-3. The Cherries then hit back to win 5-3.

It wasn't such good news for Dean Parrett at Plymouth. He was sent off in the first half as his side suffered a 4-0 home defeat to Swindon Town.

Our players on loan in the Championship will be in action again this week with a full programme of midweek fixtures.

Bostock also scored tonight for Hull, but was later sent off against Leeds.
  11. brizzlefan New Member

brizzlefan
    Ratings:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    just out of interest should i put all my updates in here?
  12. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,453 / 3 / -0
    Yeah sure, it makes it easier as I usually update when the club gives us the update via the website

or If I happen to catch any of their games on the tele.
  13. Tottenham-ManU New Member

Tottenham-ManU
    Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Bostock scored today just check livescore.com and saw it
  14. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,453 / 3 / -0
    I noted that, and he was sent off as well....
  15. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,453 / 3 / -0
    Bostock's goal was a rocket into the top corner from about 30 yards out, similar to his debut goal for Hull.
  16. Tottenham-ManU New Member

Tottenham-ManU
    Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
  17. rudi New Member

rudi
    Ratings:
    +1,961 / 0 / -0
  18. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,453 / 3 / -0
  19. brizzlefan New Member

brizzlefan
    Ratings:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    another clean sheet for us last night. caulker was solid against a very pacy swansea team, caulker was mainly anonymous and didnt have much to do because fontaine was outstanding.
    rose didnt play due to injury.
  20. 1990Hotspur New Member

1990Hotspur
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  21. brizzlefan New Member

brizzlefan
    Ratings:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    caulker was a stand out performer in a team that lost 3-1 today. rose didnt play because campbell-ryce had a good game.
  22. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,453 / 3 / -0
    Cheers for that, do you know if you all are auctioning off your poppy shirts?
  23. brizzlefan New Member

brizzlefan
    Ratings:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    the city fans arent actually happy at the moment as we didnt have poppys on our shirts, we offered to pay for them ourselves with all the money going to charity however it was too short notice. so in answer to your question no
    • Like Like x 1
  24. rossdfc Well-Known Member

rossdfc
    Ratings:
    +3,242 / 1 / -0
    Livermore Loan Extended

Good stuff, glad to see guys like him stay at clubs like Ipswich for as long as possible until they have a shot at getting in our first team.
  25. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +6,982 / 38 / -0
    I think Livermore's chances at Spurs are over personally. He's 21 now and if he were going to be a Spurs player he ought to be puching for a 1st team place right now. He got his chance in the Carling Cup & failed miserably, which was a shame because he has a bit of fight to him. He got shipped out on loan almost immediately after that game tho & that has now been extended till the end of the season. I would not be surprised if, like Taarabt, he made the move permanent in the summer.
  26. brizzlefan New Member

brizzlefan
    Ratings:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    just in case your interested caulker has been called into the U21 squad for the first time. rose is also included
  27. 1990Hotspur New Member

1990Hotspur
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    I thought that way at the beginning of the season to but now i'm not to sure. In the Arsenal game, imo, he was the best out of the 3 central midfielders. He's had positive comments by Roy Keane, Harry and during the game by Alan Smith, about his ability to pass a ball (refering to him as a Tottenham type player, which is praise indeed) at Ipswich he seems to be doing pretty well. As you say he is 21 now and that is quite old to be just coming into first team football, but Seamus Coleman is 22 and this is his first really season in the top flight. I personally think he has got a chance, and i was surprised to see him extend his loan as imo he is so much better than Palacios and could have filled in for Hudd nicely......
  28. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,453 / 3 / -0
    Went on the Bristol City site

Found this thread about Danny Rose's weekend, doesnt sound he did too well however he was up against Kyle Naughton. Some on the site were saying that he was being made out as the scapegoat because he has had some good performances this season for them.

Danny Rose - Bristol City's Fans' Forum

To be fair.. and i've been to all home matches and most away matches
    Rose is a luxury, he has some great touches.. where I think.. ok here we go.. he's got it.. he's gonna shine.. but then he dis-appears..
    I may be wrong but I just get the feeling that he doesnt really want to be playing for us.. I just don't see the passion and maybe i'm being naive in thinking he should have it
    I really want him to do well, cos I think he has real ability.. but for me he has to play with passion otherwise whats the point..
    It would do him the world of good to look at Steve Caulkers attitude and replicate

Agree 100% about the difference in attitude. One of them wants to prove himself, the other thinks he has nothing to prove.

He can whip a ball in and is quick, but doesn't have any trickery like Albert or the nous to get on the ball and keep it in tight spaces like JCR.

I fail to see what this guy brings to the team, i'm also surprised that no one else has commented on his performances..

To me he has been nothing but woeful and the goal he scored against Tottenham has shot him to stardom where it is really not deserved.

He shows glimpses of a good player but can't seem to back it up.

He sits out on that left wing strutting around and seems to spend more time pulling his shorts down than being interested in the game..

I personally thought this guy would be the answer to our left midfield problem.. but i cant see it at the moment.

Straight swap with JCR. Least he shows some passion.

DR- First one down the tunnel.. small clap to the Ateyo..

to me he looks like a player who thinks he should be in Premier League, has ability but also has an attitude of im better than this lot , what am i doing here ..certainly does not give 100 %.im sure if he wanted too he could cause a lot of problems for teams but is playing within himself, i for one havent seen enough from him

I must admit he's hugely frustrating. He has played very well at times this season but likewise he has been virtually non-existant, like today. He seems to be lacking some of the basic insticts and traits that a winger traditionally has. When he recieves the ball he very rarely runs at the full-back looking to get past him, he tends to look for passes more and play at a slower tempo, as if he is a central midfielder.

Having said that I agree with Nibor that havign a left-footer on the left balances things out and JCR's constant cut in's can become very predictable as it's very rare that he'll cross on his left. I wouldn't say Rose is disinterested though, he always seems to be giving it a good go and he seems committed to the cause. I must admit though he is not as good as I thought he would be and I am surprised he has so many U21 caps.

Definitley won't make it at spurs, against both Walker and Naughton he's looked completely ineffective, unable to go past either of them. Also he's lazy, only run he went on today was right at the end of the game, and he can't be relied on to track back. He didn't seem to want to run into space today either, and one point in the first half it was clear skuse wanted him to make a run behind the RB, but Rose always wants it to feet.

He was up against a mate of his (and fellow Spurs player) Kyle Naughton.

They were both having more of a laugh, both players were quiet. They had a couple of goes at trying to get the better, but they obviously know eachothers game and are equally pacey etc. If Rose was against that shit left back they had he would of done well.

There is a bigger picture to his performance saturday. I've no doubt Naughton has been way better than he was against us/Danny Rose.

Name a better left sided winger in the league?
  29. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,453 / 3 / -0
    Kyle Walker update

qprdot.org :: View topic - Kyle Walker

They love him, seems like 2.5 million is being thrown around for his buying price (which I saw in the papers) pure bollocks to that. He'll be our starting RB in 1 or 2 seasons. Some on the site say that his poor positioning is the only thing that is hurting him but he makes up with it because of his pace. Still come January we'll probably extend his loan, and hopefully by May he'll be in fantastic form

Some Quotes

Yeah, his defensive positioning is a bit suspect, that's why he looks so brilliant when he makes last ditch tackles / interceptions as his pace allows him to recover.

See Micah Richards when he was younger for a pretty good comparison. I think Walker is a bit better on the ball then Richards was/is though.

I gotta say, if (and it's still a BIG if) we were to get promoted this season, with my pot of plenty, my 1st port of call would be Harry's office along with £2.5m (plus whatever we'd owe them for Adel !).

Absolute bargain in my mind. Sure there's questions unanswered, but he's young and has massive potential.

Shame we can't make him a perm now.
  30. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,453 / 3 / -0
    Official Update from the club

Loan watch - News Articles - Tottenhamhotspur.com

Our players on loan found themselves up against each other in three matches in the Championship and League One on Saturday.

John Bostock's Hull City beat Jake Livermore and Andros Townsend's Ipswich 1-0 in the Championship at the KC Stadium.

John and Jake fought it out in midfield and John set-up Ian Ashbee to hit the crossbar in the first half. He played 57 minutes, Jake played 68 and Andros remained an unused substitute.

Steven Caulker and Danny Rose faced Kyle Naughton as Bristol City got the better of Leicester 2-0 at Ashton Gate. All three played the full 90 minutes. Kyle's cross opened up a great chance for Paul Gallagher at 0-0 in the first half but the Foxes striker headed wide.

Kyle Walker put in another full shift as QPR moved back on top of the Championship with a 3-1 win against Preston at Loftus Road.

Staying in the Championship, Jon Obika, now back from injury, was an unused substitute as Crystal Palace lost out 3-2 at Sheffield United.

In League One, Paul Jose M'poku came up against Adam Smith as Leyton Orient snatched a draw against Bournemouth at Brisbane Road. Paul looked bright in the first half but could do little as Adam's high-flying Bournemoyuth stormed into a 2-0 lead.

Paul had the last laugh though as the O's scored twice in the final five minutes for a 2-2 draw