US VS MEXIGO AGAIN!

Discussion in 'International' started by Javi, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    Well I am gonna be busy until the match kicks off just wanna say good luck to my yidoAmerican brothers on here. I personally have had enough of the so called"eternal rivalry" but eh hope its a good match today and can't wait to see what Mr. K has in mind.
    Javi,
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 1van Banned !

1van
    Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    Oh its a eternal rivalry ... that's why those americans almost kicked my ass in a club when i was wearing that aztec style mexico jersey..

oh well at least the girls loved that outfit, they may have been very drunk but still ..
    1van,
  3. USpur Well-Known Member

USpur
    Ratings:
    +1,284 / 5 / -0
    It is a bit sad that the most exciting part of our squad right now is the manager. Looking forward to the match though.
  4. Stateside Nate Well-Known Member

Stateside Nate
    Ratings:
    +674 / 1 / -0
    U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION
    GOALKEEPERS (2): Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Tim Howard (Everton)
    DEFENDERS (7): Carlos Bocanegra (Saint-Etienne), Edgar Castillo (Club America), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Zach Loyd (FC Dallas), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA), Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls)
    MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Jose Torres (Pachuca)
    FORWARDS (5): Freddy Adu (Benfica), Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Edson Buddle (FC Ingolstadt), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy)

ROSTER NOTES
    • Zach Loyd replaced defender Timmy Chandler, and midfielder Robbie Rogers is filling in for Maurice Edu who suffered a left calf strain over the weekend. Clarence Goodson was also forced to withdraw from the squad with a hamstring strain but was not replaced.
    • Thirteen of the 22 players on the roster ply their trade overseas, featuring in nine different leagues across eight foreign countries.
    • Five players play in Germany (Michael Bradley, Edson Buddle, Steve Cherundolo, Ricardo Clark, Jermaine Jones) and four play in Mexico (DaMarcus Beasley, Edgar Castillo, Michael Orozco, Jose Torres).
    • Landon Donovan leads all U.S. scorers with 46 career goals. Beasley is next with 17, followed by defender Carlos Bocanegra with 12 total.
    • Bradley has nine goals in 59 appearances for the full team, with eight of his goals coming in official competitions.
    • Three World Cup veterans could see their first time since the 2010 FIFA World Cup: Beasley, Clark and Torres.
    • Torres, who holds both U.S. and Mexican passports and chose to represent the United States, has yet to face Mexico at the international level. He has twice been listed as a reserve in games against El Tri.
    • The New York Red Bulls and FC Dallas are the only teams to contribute two players to the U.S. roster. Juan Agudelo and Tim Ream join from the Red Bulls, while Loyd and Brek Shea come from Dallas.
    • Shea is currently in third place in scoring in MLS this season behind Donovan and Thierry Henry. The 21-year-old has netted nine goals in 22 games.
    • Agudelo became the first alumnus of the U.S. Soccer Development Academy to play and score for the full team when he tallied the game-winner on Nov. 17, 2010, against South Africa.
    • Beasley and Bocanegra are both just seven games shy of reaching 100 caps.
    • Bill Hamid is the only player on the roster who has yet to earn a cap.
    • Hamid was the first D.C. United player signed from their Academy system. The goalkeeper penned a contract with the full team in 2009.
  5. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    FINALLY Brek Shea gets a call-up! I've been praising this guy since last year's MLS Cup, said he was going to be involved with the NT soon and will be playing in Europe soon.
    He has 2 caps- one vs. Colombia and one vs. Chile- and he was pretty average in both games, I must admit. However just look at what he's done in the MLS this season- the best American player aside from Donovan IMO (and yes, I am prepared to defend that point lol)

He's 6'3", plays striker, winger, behind the striker, center back, everywhere. Pretty fast too. Here's hoping Klinsmann realizes that this kid is the future.
  6. US_Spurs_Fan Well-Known Member

US_Spurs_Fan
    Ratings:
    +431 / 0 / -0
    Boo! I hope Clark doesn't even sit on the bench.

7. Yankee New Member

Yankee
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Pumped for the game. Really interested to see what Klinsmann does in terms of the selection and shape of the team.
  8. kkinnevy New Member

kkinnevy
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I'll be attending this one at the Linc. We can't expect JK to work miracles this quickly, but one has to respect his leadership and insight. With all due respect to Bob Bradley, Klinsmann has been involved as a player at the highest levels. His presence will have an impact.
    In the meantime, I'm trying to sneak in watching Luka vs Ireland between my work breaks.
  9. Lilywhite74 Moderator

Lilywhite74
    Ratings:
    +4,196 / 8 / -0
    Klinsi's brought a lot of excitement, but he still has the same players. I'm not going to get my hopes up too much for this one, this is a long term project, and I'm going to be patient.
  10. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    I really hope he sets his team and gives some well deserved MLS players their chance at the national team.
    Javi,
  11. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,785 / 21 / -0
    brek shea looks really good
  12. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    called it.. Just created a very nice goal, all by himself. Already making an impact elsewhere on the pitch as well.
  13. Modric level 25 magician Well-Known Member

Modric level 25 magician
    Ratings:
    +421 / 1 / -0
    Anyone else think Torres has looked good since he moved to the middle? I rate him, and I'm glad he's getting a chance under the new regime. Shea has also been good after disappointing his last few usmnt apps.
  14. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Shea almost scored again. Also I agree [MENTION=6768]Modric, level 25 magician[/MENTION] - We've looked much more lively since he's moved there. Bradley was ineffective, he should be playing deep with Jones or Beckerman. I wish Klinsmann would try 2 strikers up top though.
  15. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    That was a red card!!!
  16. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    P.S. I've seen him before but Rodgers is rapid....
  17. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,785 / 21 / -0
    lmao clark stop!!
  18. GIJoe8575 New Member

GIJoe8575
    Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Fun match to watch. I wanna punch that ref in the face though.
  19. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Fair result really. GREAT 30 minutes after Shea and Agudelo were brought on- very promising players.

Plus side is it'll only get better from here, this is just the beginning. I really like the energy Klinsmann has on the sidelines as well, very positive coach.
  20. GIJoe8575 New Member

GIJoe8575
    Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    I was very very impressed by Brek Shea and Agudelo
  21. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    Great game of grab ass lol. I really didn't see the point of taking Sinha out of the game in place of Gio.
    Javi,
  22. Modric level 25 magician Well-Known Member

Modric level 25 magician
    Ratings:
    +421 / 1 / -0
    Great young players coming through in Shea, Torres, agudelo, rogers, etc... The future is bright, boys
  23. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    Shea seems to finally be taking that next step. Perfect example of why kids should stay home until 21.
  24. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Let me just say I called Shea having a big one before this game. :302:

But seriously, IMO, he's been the best American player outside of Donovan in the MLS this season and the MVP talks are justified. I don't want to make this comparison just yet but that was a Gareth Bale- esque assist. He's also very tall and strong, not to mention fast. He keeps this up, not only will he be moving to Europe, he may just be popping up in transfer talk for teams on our level soon.
  25. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    He reminds me of Waddle.
  26. Modric level 25 magician Well-Known Member

Modric level 25 magician
    Ratings:
    +421 / 1 / -0
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I rate him, buti don't know if I rate him highly enough to think he'll be good enough for us anytime soon.P.S. I too have been saying he'll be a big player for us for a while.
  27. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    I think he can play in England. He's cut out a lot of the things in his game that used to drive me crazy. I know it's the MLS, but he's performed very well this season. Shea is quickly becoming too good for the league. For the sake of the USMNT I would like to see him go continental TBH. I think it would suit his game better, maybe Serie A. I would love to have him at Roma. I just hope wherever he goes he gets games.
  28. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,785 / 21 / -0
    6' 3" with that speed. no doubt
  29. Modric level 25 magician Well-Known Member

Modric level 25 magician
    Ratings:
    +421 / 1 / -0
    I think he could do something like Dempsey and go to a mid-table club, get a lot of games, and do very well.
  30. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    I updated my post but yeah he has the tools to play in England. Still I think because of how he plays it would be better for him to go to Italy or Spain where creative players can flourish.
    • Like Like x 1