Who do you support?

Discussion in 'Recommendations and comments' started by basskadet, Nov 18, 2009.

1. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +6,938 / 38 / -0
    After the Walrus tw@t I think it would be a good idea if we knew without question where everybody's loyalties lie.

When you sign up to the site you should be asked which team you support & then you would have that club's emblem just next to your username everytime you post.

That way if we are dealing with a gooner, we will all know straight away. Yes, people can 'pretend' to be supporters of a different club but then they would have to put up with having that club appear next to their name & they will be constantly associated with that club. Also, if they then decide to reveal their true loyalties, if gives us an immediate excuse to ban them for being deceptive!!!

I don't mind having supporters of other clubs on here at all but it would be nice to know who I am talking too first, I just think it makes it easier for everybody. Also, it might actually make 'foreigners' (by that I mean people who support other clubs) more comfortable being on a Spurs forum as they would still be able to show their loyalties - & I would be only too proud to have a cockerel next to my username!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. River Founder Founder

River
    Ratings:
    +4,475 / 9 / -0
    Can and will be done bass, like the idea , ill add it to my list for the redesign since it will fall in to the over all make over of the site. No point in doing it right now other wise will have to do it again in a month when the new design comes :thumbs_up:
    • Like Like x 2
  3. kevfball63 Banned !

kevfball63
    Ratings:
    +879 / 0 / -0
    I was on the stoke forum and proudly added the spurs badge to my post , i think they respected it too .

There was something about that walrus moron that everybody sensed and to tell the truth i wasn't surprised when he said he was a goon = in fact i was relieved that he wasn't a spurs fan .
  4. Earthshayker New Member

Earthshayker
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I logged onto the blue room when we beat Man ****ty last season and got some serious stick from them but then again my opening post was "with all the money you got you can't buy 3 points"
  5. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,023 / 0 / -0
    good shout bass, this is actually quite a common thing on most of the forums i have been to with the questions and it certainly makes u feel more at home if the cockerel is beside ur name!

i guess this forum is still light years behind, get ur act together riv! ;)
  6. River Founder Founder

River
    Ratings:
    +4,475 / 9 / -0
    lmao f*cough*
  7. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,440 / 31 / -0
    just for the record for me its SPURS CELTIC ST PAULI now get off my back bass {shifts nervousily} ha ha
  8. luminoir Well-Known Member

luminoir
    Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    holland, Spurs, Barcelona, Ajax, feyenoord.
  9. Enfield_spurs Well-Known Member

Enfield_spurs
    Ratings:
    +764 / 0 / -0
    Awesome idea, I felt quite sad that a guy pretending to be a walrus king had around half my post count. Perhaps i should post more crap like this instead of thinking first = D
  10. Roscono3 champions league vip Moderator

Roscono3
    Ratings:
    +5,899 / 11 / -0
    LOL......

yeah he was great at talking Sh1t wasn't he....
    • Like Like x 1
  11. luminoir Well-Known Member

luminoir
    Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, did he really deserve a banning? sure he lied or failed to mention his club but he was annoying at worst by referring to himself in the third person, not a complete twat like some other trolls.
  12. kevfball63 Banned !

kevfball63
    Ratings:
    +879 / 0 / -0

He was as good as saying he was a god and we should worship him = just because he supports our rivals .

Do yourself a favour = pop onto their forum and spout sh!te like he did here , then tell them your a spurs fan and you'll see exactly why those monkey spastics are so hated by us .

Dont stick up for a scum fan on a spurs forum either = thats free advice
  13. luminoir Well-Known Member

luminoir
    Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    Take it easy mate, I'm not sticking up for him.

My reasons for asking are more related to our forum.

I expect to be banned from the scum's forum if they know I'm a yid because they're scum. That's the way they are.

What I like about our forum is that we have fans from other teams that are welcome here, provided they are reasonable, like a couple of the Stoke & Burnley fans. I like what that says about us, that your views are welcome if you're reasonable.

Now bearing in mind my exposure to walrus was limited to reading his initial intro post and this recent post, I was just curious about what else he did, because if you read that recent post, he's reasonable when out of his 'walrus king' character.

I tuned out or ignored the threads where he was in character so that may explain my ignorance as to why he was banned.

Either way, it makes no odds to me that he's banned but I hope it does not discourage fans of other clubs from posting here with the caveat that they behave properly.

I enjoy the pluralism of having rivals in our forum because it shows we are mature enough to argue our case with dissenting opinions.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
    • Like Like x 1
  14. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,023 / 0 / -0
    bottom line is, if he had come on here and said straight away that he was scum fan then he may have been welcome to join in on any banter but at the same time he would have taken a fair bit of stick!
    but for him to start with his walrus crap then after a while admit he is a gooner as if hes gloating about it then it seems pretty clear to me that he was only here to stir the ****!
    he's better off gone IMO!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. kevfball63 Banned !

kevfball63
    Ratings:
    +879 / 0 / -0

Look it wasn't a dig at you , but if you dont read all the posts then your bound to feel sorry for someone that looks like he's being bullied .

We are not bullies = far from it , but we are honest .

GET USED TO THAT
  16. Roscono3 champions league vip Moderator

Roscono3
    Ratings:
    +5,899 / 11 / -0

Spot on mate!
  17. luminoir Well-Known Member

luminoir
    Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough mate, having never invested any time in reading his posts, I wouldn't feel anywhere near as cheated as someone who has, and I understand that now.

we got SOL-ed

Cheers
  18. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +6,938 / 38 / -0
    It really grated with me how he kept on asking us to worship him. Basically, asking a Spurs fan to worship an Arsenal fan . . . errr , no . . . & especially 1 who thinks he is a walrus!

Like Kev tho, he actually made my day when he fessed up to being a Gooner, I just thought "thank god for that, this numpty is not a Yiddo!" - but then I'm pissed off that he let me go for so long believing a Spurs fan could be such a fruitcake.

I'm just kind of chuffed with myself for not getting sucked in to it by 'hailing the king'
  19. Luke0405 New Member

Luke0405
    Ratings:
    +543 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to the new site design RIV :2444:
  20. Boone Well-Known Member

Boone
    Ratings:
    +721 / 0 / -0
    I support USA, Seattle Sounders, Spurs, and Wake Forest.
  21. SirBillyNick New Member

SirBillyNick
    Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Tottenham Hotspur only
  22. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,787 / 6 / -0
    Tottenham Hotspur. Don't get how people can support two clubs . . . .

And naturally during the odd COMPETITIVE England match I'll support England.
  23. 1066spurs New Member

1066spurs
    Born in Rio De Janiero, Lives In Bexhill On Sea
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    contrast i was born in rio so i follow flamengo and how their fortunes are getting on.

i love spurs they are my number one team.

i also keep an eye out on gillingham and hastings united just because i live near them
  24. jesco29 Active Member

jesco29
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Tottenham. The only team I love. Dream of one day seeing a game at WHL.

In an effort to support the MLS, I also casually follow the Seattle Sounders.
  25. SirBillyNick New Member

SirBillyNick
    Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    so true, but only for a few minutes then we'd have abused him rotten ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  26. loyal thfc belfast New Member

loyal thfc belfast
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    good idea about the badge beside the name, as i,m rarely seen without a spurs emblem of some description it suits me fine, as for walrus w*nker lets never speak of him again he is not worthy.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  27. steelktm New Member

steelktm
    Ratings:
    +673 / 0 / -0
    Spurs and Columbus Crew of MLS. already been to a game in Columbus (the lady is from there).

couple other teams that i will "follow and support" which is Cork City and Marsille. but really its just saying i root for them and want them to do well but don't really keep up.
  28. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,440 / 31 / -0
    why cork city mate?
  29. steelktm New Member

steelktm
    Ratings:
    +673 / 0 / -0
    Father's side of the family is traced back to Cork so if i'm going to pick an Irish team they seem as good as any eh? ;)
  30. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,440 / 31 / -0
    fook that mate theyre a bunch of boggers ha ha shamrock rovers are the only good team in the league ha ha but im biased