Who r u going to be cheering for ?(for foreigns)

Discussion in 'International' started by Audere est Facere, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys

I was just wondering who u guys will be cheering for (non english people) in the world cup.

I'v always supported croatia with my heart.

But there were always other teams who I was cheering for not as much as for croatia of course but If a team spain played against italy I will be cheering for spain of course.

And this year I will be cheering for everyone who plays vs france :1977:

And since Croatia won't play in I will be cheering for england because they were in our group and I support spurs and like modric and kranjcar and corluka said they made a lot of friends with the english players defoe lennon etc. So I will be cheering for england.

But mostly for lennon and defoe If im honest. And I will hope they do really well.
    So go england u got a croat cheering for this world cup :thumbs_up:

Also I liked the songs england made for their world cups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjhK85v8vi8&feature=related

That one ftw :D
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  2. tpucic New Member

tpucic
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    No way I'm cheering for England. After that lousy game vs. Ukraine. Think nobody except Wayne didn't want to win that game, and after a red card Capello took out Lennon, I now that England doesn't want to win...they would win if they played with 2 team because the guys would fought for place in team..I don't say Croats deserve to play World cup but neither Ukraine...
  3. SAspursfan New Member

SAspursfan
    Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    England 1st and then I will be cheering Bafana Bafana ((South Africa), but tbh it will be an absolute waste of time, they are hopeless.

If it wasn,t for the fact they are the hosts and seeded, they definately wouldn't even be allowed in South Africa. They should have been banned from attending, just like Maradonna has been for todays draw in Cape Town.

Mind you, there is a good chance they will go on strike for more money, before they even get on the field...........which they have already done before, but then no one in SA would miss them. They are really battling to sell tickets for Bafanas matches, having not won in there last 8 matches, Oh wait, i think they they thrashed Madagascar 1 - 0

South Africans have preferred to buy tickets for Brazil, England, Spain and Germany instead and these teams are already totally over suscribed as far as the allocation to locals is concerned.
  4. luminoir Well-Known Member

luminoir
    Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    Holland. They may not have won anything for a long time, but they're beautiful to watch in full flight.
    A bit like spurs.
  5. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    Ukraine doesn't play in the world cup :D

Why do u blame england for losing?
    It was up to us to be second , we should of never been in the position to hope for england to beat ukraine.

We should of beaten ukraine twice once when we played them 0-0 away and totally dominated them and the 2-2 at home when we totally destroyed them in second half and hit the bar 2 times.

Also with our normal lineup we would of beaten or at least get a draw from the first game in croatia vs england.
    The second game in england was just sure to be a **** with almost all of our players missing and not even having a left back.
    It was our own mistake for not qualifiying thats why I don't blame england for losing to ukraine.
  6. MAcHinA New Member

MAcHinA
    Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Hope an unknown nation comes along and does some damage to bigger nations, Ivory Coast look likely to fit that bill, would also like to see Holland do well also.
  7. Beats Well-Known Member

Beats
    Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I'll probably just be following whichever Spurs players are playing, don't really care who wins, tho that might change before next summer.

Obviously don't want France winning...
  8. steelktm New Member

steelktm
    Ratings:
    +673 / 0 / -0
    USA! USA! USA!! \(^^\)(/^^)/ outside of that anyone that plays France. Once USA is gone then maybe holland because i do like their play. but we'll see.
  9. Luke0405 New Member

Luke0405
    Ratings:
    +543 / 0 / -0
    England will always be my Country and 1st supported, When they go out (and they WILL lol)

I'll be supporting Argentina because Messi is my fav player outside of Spurs.
  10. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    Im welsh non english so GO SPAIN then england then honduras :L
  11. SirBillyNick New Member

SirBillyNick
    Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Republic of Ireland for me
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Swanny New Member

Swanny
    Ratings:
    +604 / 0 / -0
    I can only support two teams Mighty Spurs and England, no room in my heart for any others
  13. jesco29 Active Member

jesco29
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Got to root for the USA. England and the Netherlands are both dear to my heart for their players and styles.

Will also be keeping my eye on any Spurs players.
  14. Berbatov Active Member

Berbatov
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

I support team USA too. Sorry to all the English here. I think the draw was favorable and qualification for the second round is doable. After that it probably will be Germany again - then USA has nothing to lose!
  15. Seajay Well-Known Member

Seajay
    Ratings:
    +1,015 / 0 / -0
    1 South Africa
    2 Spain
    3 Everyone who isn't England.
    :1130:
  16. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,717 / 32 / -0
    come on mate dont forget the french;)
  17. Seajay Well-Known Member

Seajay
    Ratings:
    +1,015 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Ire, but if it was France v England it would be "Allez les Bleus"!
  18. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,717 / 32 / -0
    no lover of each off them mate and i wouldnt follow england anyway,but them french pricks are top of my list at the moment
  19. P UNIT 1980 Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT 1980
    Ratings:
    +10,376 / 38 / -1
    So much hate for england from the home nations!!!

Lol, I pity your small insignificant little countries and you obvious case of LMS.

I dont want Germany or France to even get through the group stages as they, Fatter and Tw*tini are cheats.
  20. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,717 / 32 / -0
    shouldnt have invaded us then you fookers:1130::D:D,come on mate its a friendily thing mate dont take it to heart you big blouse
  21. P UNIT 1980 Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT 1980
    Ratings:
    +10,376 / 38 / -1
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  22. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,717 / 32 / -0
    come on mate you know im the biggest marlin around h aha,its too easy
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Javi,
  24. shane09irishyido New Member

shane09irishyido
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hope spain win it, i tink they will.. they've got the easiest group ! id love to see a suprise team win it though like one of the african teams, and of corse ill b cheering any team that plays the cheating french scum !!!!!!
  25. Lilywhite74 Moderator

Lilywhite74
    Ratings:
    +4,191 / 8 / -0
    well I was going to say US, but I think after PR Javi's post I'll go with Mexico.;)

Like many Americans, I always wish England well, (after our opener, of course) and I also have always admired Dutch football, so hopefully Rapist Van Persie will still be hurt and I can support them

Also really came to admire Honduras during qualifying, hope they'll make a good showing especially with Willie on the side

Beyond that, anyone who plays entertaining football
  26. 424style New Member

424style
    Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I will be supporting every team that has a Spurs player in them plus the Ivory Coast.
  27. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    Usually Ill say "after Mexico is eliminated" but now I can't say that especially after going through the eliminations and almost not qualifying for the world cup and being able to make the comeback that we did I am going with Mexico all the way ill watch any other team with Spurs players and ill keep an eye on the smaller countries, but really after seeing that comeback there is a possibility that we could make it all the way despite the conditions that my country Mexico is in I am very proud to have been born and raised there I live in the US at the moment and I wish the US team the best of luck despite the words Mexico and US have exchanged in the past and I wish every country the best of luck this coming world cup if your country is playing support them and yell and cheer to the end:).
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
    Javi,
  28. Lilywhite74 Moderator

Lilywhite74
    Ratings:
    +4,191 / 8 / -0
    Yeah, I usually find myself pulling for Mexico, actually, despite our pretty bitter rivalry. Always good times at the local mexican restaurant when los tri are playing. XX will be flowing. Generally I always hope CONCACAF teams do well.

Gotta like your chances to get out of that group, btw.
  29. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    I do like those chances but I mean playing with the host country is quite an honor and quite the breath taker it will not be an easy task at all but Mexico made it this far and I belive they have plenty more to show, in the end im like you I really would like CONCACAF teams to advance US has England how do you feel about that jm.
    Javi,
  30. Lilywhite74 Moderator

Lilywhite74
    Ratings:
    +4,191 / 8 / -0
    yeah, the opener against South Africa will be a tough one in front of their fans, but I think mexico can get a result. and Uruguay does not impress me, they, like France, were really lucky to get through their playoff. Should be some very entertaining games in that group.

hard to say about US-England. not a good matchup for us, I think. Typically we do better against teams we can physically dominate, even if they outclass us (Spain, for example). We can't do that against England. Plus, we have no left back and England have a host of talent on their right.

On the other hand, I'd much rather have England than a lot of the other top seeds. And tbh, if we can't get a result against Slovenia and Algeria, then we don't belong in the tournament- nothing against them, they are very well-organized and all, but they're the types of teams you have to beat to be able to advance.

So much can happen, we have to get some key players back, and some other guys back in form. If only Davies could be healthy, we'd be a totally different side...:(