Why don't english people care about National team ?

Discussion in 'International' started by Cor-Luka, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Cor-Luka New Member

Cor-Luka
    Ratings:
    +496 / 0 / -0
    Question ???
  2. River Founder Founder

River
    Ratings:
    +4,517 / 9 / -0
    I dont think its down to not caring , more like false promise and club over country type thing, Tottenham for me come way before england , always has although i was a "football fan" rather than a dedicated spurs fan , as ive got older and seen england fail not only in football but pretty much everything that england ever stood for ive lost interest . Im a proud brit , get the job done type of bloke , Unfortunately although im proud, the country and everything around it is falling to peace's.

The past world cup i really didnt even make an attempt to go and watch every match. The next one although ill be cheering England on its not something i will be going out of my way and change plans for, Friendlies..............waste of space , money and following

also doesnt help when defoe and dawson go away on international duty and come back injured for months on end.
  3. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,455 / 0 / -0
    Yes, we do care about the Nation Team and hope that we demolish Wales in our next game.
  4. bradders Legend!

bradders
    Ratings:
    +916 / 0 / -0
    dont put me into that then mate, i would kill and die for england lol. i was crying like a baby when diego cheating dirty coont scum fook slut ugly mug maradona scored that fooking goal with his hand, and many other times since lol
  5. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,661 / 12 / -1
    I do care about our national team but there is a massive feeling of anger amongst fans, they porformed like a bunch of muppets at the world cup yet the FA in a money making move arranged a friendly before the season started hoping the team would be welcomed back as heroes after a fantastic world cup. Well that back fired didnt it :)

When the players start showing some level of comitment to the team then the fans may start doing so again.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,654 / 13 / -0
    That's why we fill Wembley for every home game .
  7. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,661 / 12 / -1
    We will always fill Wembley as dads will always want to take their kids along.

But if you listen to Wembley during an England game it has nowhere near the atmosphere that you have when its the FA Cup or carling Cup or even the confrence playoff game.
  8. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,654 / 13 / -0
    The conference playoff games are NUTZ !!!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cor-Luka New Member

Cor-Luka
    Ratings:
    +496 / 0 / -0
    about players commitment: maybe its same as in french team (BAE said in interwiev few weeks back that he knows that there are some players in french nt that play there just because that allows them to get better contracts at clubs)
  10. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,455 / 0 / -0
    So the question should be, "Why don't England players care about playing for the National team?"

Has a player publicly spoken about NOT wanting to play for England?

Exactly...
  11. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,661 / 12 / -1
    Paul Robinson quit because he was not first choice, Paul Scholes quit to have a longer club career the list goes on mate.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,455 / 0 / -0
    Emile Heskey could be added to that list. Though think that was a good thing :302:

So in answer to the OP, not first choice and concentration on club career.

Agreed :302:
  13. willk9 New Member

willk9
    Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    I think people do care, but its got to a point where is is half heartedly. But you can't really blame england fans can you consistent faliure and disapointment, and the FA is an utter joke.

People are bothered but have lowered there expectation over the last few years.
  14. Roscono3 champions league vip Moderator

Roscono3
    Ratings:
    +5,965 / 13 / -0
    I think the biggest day in my History of being a England fan was at the 1990 WCF......That tournament was just amazing!!!

Since that tournament ive never ever got that buzz for England. I can put my finger on it why. I know one thing I would like to feel that buzz for England again.

If I had a choice for Tottenham to win the EPL or England to win the WC then id probably choose Tottenham to win the EPL.

I do believe we need to get rid of the current manager and get a English manager. We all know its going to be Arry to take his place and tbh id be gutted......

Maybe the having a the best league in the world is to blame?????????????
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  15. willk9 New Member

willk9
    Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    The EPL could be to blame, they need to scrap this hoome grown nocense and make a rule that at least 4 ENGLISH players start each game,or something like that as this is the way to improve the new talent.
    If they did, arsenal would be fukced ;)

But I also do think that the fa needs a big overhaul... I think the goverment are doing a review at the moment actually, they need to get all the old chaps out and bring in real footballing people!
  16. Roscono3 champions league vip Moderator

Roscono3
    Ratings:
    +5,965 / 13 / -0
    Its going to take a lot tbh mate and many years of hard work........What do you think ever English Yid on here would rather watch this weekend?

England V's Wales or Tottenham V ..................

See what i mean!!!
  17. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,376 / 38 / -1
    I am a patriot.

I used to love this country including all the bollox it chucks at ya.

Not anymore.

Love is a two way thing, and for working my bollox off I get fcuk all back.

The same ethos applies to the national team.

Not anymore.

I am a mere fair-weather fan of England now. Will watch if nothing better or important Is hapening.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BrumSpur Well-Known Member

BrumSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,742 / 3 / -0
    I'm the same, but my last memorable tournament was Euro 1996, when it was held here. The Scots & Dutch taking over my home city of Birmingham was a site to behold. And Venables' England were a team you wanted to support - Gazza, Shearer, Sheringham, Pearce, Southgate - not only good players, but decent lads too!

Just can't bring myself to support the likes of the cheating, gambling Terry; the charmless Rooney and that wazzock (that's especially for you, [MENTION=3786]Roscono3[/MENTION]) of a manager who can't even speak the language!
    • Like Like x 2
  19. River Founder Founder

River
    Ratings:
    +4,517 / 9 / -0
    Exactly the same, i tried to write something like that but my words wouldnt come out properly lol , It was a little like trying to speak just after you've been to the dentist and looking and sounding a little "special"
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 42 / -0
    It's a sad indictment that Heskey was ever deemed good enough to be in a position to quit.
  21. rudi New Member

rudi
    Ratings:
    +1,961 / 0 / -0
    We get 80k sell-outs for friendlies, have a second division that draws bigger crowds than most countries' top divisions and arguably the best and certainly the biggest top tier in the world.

Engllish people just like watching football I guess and there seems to be enough of us that it doesn't matter when some choose their club over their country (or vice versa).
    rudi,
  22. dan-spur Well-Known Member

dan-spur
    Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    The national team means a lot to me and although it has been disappointing so far I wait for the day when we proudly wear the shirt again. I think it has just gone out of fashion because of performances over the recent years and the players need to provide a spark to get everyone excited again. Nothing in the world of Sport would compare to England winning the world cup to me, and while the chances are so slim, I will always be an avid supporter of the side for as long as there is a chance of that happening. I have no faith in the current team, the manager or even the F.A but I still love the shirt and the dream of English football and the hope that one day the team will give back to the fans the performances that their efforts to support English football at all levels surely deserves.

We are the best fans in the world and now would be a good time to show it.
  23. crocop Well-Known Member

crocop
    Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    Well english players do care sometimes. Like when you beat us 4-1 and 5-1 and we didnt qualify for WC 2010, LOL. That were our biggest defeats in history.
  24. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 42 / -0
    John Terry. Steven Gerrard, Fat Frank.
  25. Cor-Luka New Member

Cor-Luka
    Ratings:
    +496 / 0 / -0
    Yeah England was playing good in that games because they wanted revange. Maybe they feel that they have nothing to play for, and that just because they are in England team they will somehow qualify to turnaments and do well there .
  26. corroded Well-Known Member

corroded
    Ratings:
    +595 / 0 / -0
    Barely watched ten minutes of England since the World Cup. It's too depressing.
  27. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,661 / 12 / -1
    I have still watched every game and even kept my eldest awake for the last midweek game so he could watch.

I am just not happy with the FA, manager and so called seasoned professionals who do not seem to understand what an honor it should be to wear the three lions and walking out at Wembley in front of 90000 fans then
    singing your national anthem with pride then giving your hart, body and soul for 90 minutes.
  28. rudi New Member

rudi
    Ratings:
    +1,961 / 0 / -0
    Christ I hate that national anthem though. I'd have to sing Land of Holes and Gloria instead, were I talented enough to appear for me 'ome country...
    rudi,
  29. Jammy_Jae New Member

Jammy_Jae
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    i care about england but i often wonder why sometimes...
  30. rudi New Member

rudi
    Ratings:
    +1,961 / 0 / -0
    rudi,
    • Like Like x 1