Wilson Palacios to PSG (ITK)

Discussion in 'In the Know ( ITK )' started by rossdfc, Jun 30, 2011.

1. rossdfc Well-Known Member

rossdfc
    Ratings:
    +3,242 / 1 / -0
    Nwyiddo on SO

RE: Wilson to PSG

Quote:
    PSG agree to our asking price...still yet to be official though.

Fee is 15.5m Euro/14m GPB

What a fantastic deal that would be! Fair play to Levy if he can pull this one off, I didn't expect anything more than 10m to be honest.
  2. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,410 / 35 / -0
    Fantastic it would be. Wont like watching Wilson leave but what a great piece of business if it's true. Nobody negotiates quite like Levy
  3. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,553 / 16 / -0
    Yeah and Levy would settle accept a £25m for Modric.... LMAO!

Great piece of business if true. PSG are looking at a couple of Americans Dempsey and Bradley, if they sign I might be watching a bit more Ligue 1 next year. If Sarge is going to leave I would love it if he went there.
  4. gazza Well-Known Member

gazza
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 3 / -0
    wilson is nto the right player for psg so this annoys me but for us it is very good. still he does not play the beautiful football of psg legends george weah and ronaldinho :(
  5. Musashi Well-Known Member

Musashi
    Ratings:
    +997 / 0 / -0
    Sarge can help them reach the next level just like how he helped us. I think he'll do very well whether it be France or Italy.
  6. melbourne_spur Well-Known Member

melbourne_spur
    Ratings:
    +287 / 0 / -0
    14 mil pounds for willy after the season he just had struggling with injury and form would be a big plus for us. Especially that we don't have to sign a direct replacement for him in the center on the park to walk straight into the first team. All hail Levy if this is true.
  7. woody New Member

woody
    Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    £14M is a fantstic price for a player that has suffered a huge dip in form recently. It would be good to get rid of some deadwood early in the window so we can focus on getting our targets before anyone else can get to them. It is obvious we have to sell before we can buy and no one is gonna turn down £14M this early and in the current financial climate.

That should be more than enough to cover the fee for Scott Parker (fingers crossed) :y15:
  8. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,789 / 6 / -0
    Have PSG come into some money? Would be great to see them back on the top table with clubs like Ajax and Dortmund again!
  9. Musashi Well-Known Member

Musashi
    Ratings:
    +997 / 0 / -0
  10. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,789 / 6 / -0
    Oh I see. Shame that they will be doing it that way . . .
  11. woody New Member

woody
    Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I can see Wenger going to PSG if he ever gets sacked by Arsenal, he always said that PSG have huge potential to grow. Maybe this new Arab money may tempt him back over the channel to France? Maybe not even as a manager, but in a Director of Football/Consultant role?
  12. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    Could be!

But the problem with paris will always will be the league.

Will you really have a lot of stars there? I mean even if they can pay huge money there is no way a player like ronaldo would decide to go from man united to paris and play in the french league instead of the spanish league.

all france star players are mostly gone soon.... we just have to look at all the previous years! it will take more than paris for it to change.

Even the bundesliga has a lot of troubles to keep hold of their stars because the english and spanish league are more attractive for the star players.

But yet the bundesliga has a bright future and it improved compared to what it was. Bayern can easily hold onto their best players even if any other big club comes in because bayern is one of the top adresses in europe.
    But after bayern it gets very hard for the other clubs.

However the italian league isnt anymore as it used to be.

From the attractive side of a league the ranking right now is.

1.England
    2.Spain
    3.Germany
    4.Italy

you just have to look at russia! there are so many clubs that can pay you whatever you want but yet hardly anyone will go there because its just not a very big joy to play in the cold there!
  13. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,553 / 16 / -0
  14. BC87X Well-Known Member

BC87X
    Ratings:
    +857 / 21 / -0
    I can definitely see them become one of the bigger clubs in Europe. They can afford to spend and offer great salaries, guarantee CL every season, and they get to enjoy Paris while there. It is a easier league, but what wrong with that when ur making the same money and competing in the CL every season.
  15. SweSpurs massive bellend according to bigdub

SweSpurs
    Ratings:
    +2,092 / 21 / -0
    Great price!!
  16. woody New Member

woody
    Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    It could have a snowballing effect tho thugz.

We have seen it in the PL, once Cantona became famous over here the demand for European players boomed and Euro players were more than happy to join, why? £££. And that is what PSG seem to have.

Paris is one of the most famous cities in the world and if you are earning over 100k per week to live in it, be the French league's poster boy and be known to have instigated a French league football revolution then any footballer would be more than happy.

I can see a power shift in the leagues once tax laws come into play, footballing superstars will want to play in the likes of France, USA, UAE and Germany because they will earn more money. And I think it will actually benefit the English game because we will need to rely on more home-grown players which will only be good for the national sides of the UK.
  17. Ted the Yid Well-Known Member

Ted the Yid
    Ratings:
    +511 / 8 / -0
    £14m nicker is sound business for us. Palacios is a quality player, he has his weaknesses but you pretty much know what you get with him. I thought his form improved towards the last month or so of the season. If he goes, I wish him luck, he has served us well for most of his time here. He has had his problems but for me, probably was our most important player for the most of 09/10 and a key reason why we got to the Champions League.
  18. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +1,458 / 5 / -0
    £14m for Palacios, and Levy is a genius.

How certain is this transfer? Or is it just rumours?

To get over £8m for a midfielder who can't pass is pretty good business.
  19. najt rajder Active Member

najt rajder
    Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -0
    ITK certain :001_302:

Maybe the Sun article or something like that at best
  20. Jammy_Jae New Member

Jammy_Jae
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    14M for Palacios!

i'd snatch at that...
  21. gazza Well-Known Member

gazza
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 3 / -0
    i hope wenger does not go to psg he is always annoying me in france they are loving him lolol... i remember i watch world cup 2006 france vs bresil and he provide commentary... un peu merdique

edit: i agree with you guys french league must become more attractive it is a beautiful country to play in, especially south it is nice but paris is a dream if you are there i will compare it to mount olympus only a lot better and better food...

anyway yes french must improve, national team is becoming weak, better players needed. good new is that didier deschamps is returning to game as a coach with marseille even though i am against them i respect him because he is a legend, captain of france in two important championship so a legend

still france need a new playmaker they are a country of geniuses such as zidane platini cantona kopa but they have not made one recently, maybe it was going to be gourcuff but he moved to lyon which was idiotic, they do not play a formation based around a playmaker so he was a fool. now he will fade into mediocrity... a great waste sadly..
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  22. Triangulum New Member

Triangulum
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Any further with this? Haven't seen it in any papers/websites at all?

Scott