Winter Transfer Window 2019: Rumours/Speculation

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by USspur, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Binda Well-Known Member

Binda
    Ratings:
    +497 / 7 / -0
    I never take Cartilage articles seriously as much as I would like to, pretty click-baity.
  2. pedrodelawasp Well-Known Member

pedrodelawasp
    Ratings:
    +696 / 23 / -0
    Oh well, Man U are now being linked to him anyway... for £50mil... o_O
  3. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    What about Mitrovic? Has the same "aura" but he has been terrific this season. What's the truth about him?
  4. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,025 / 28 / -0
    Not sure what his deal is but we see this a lot with strikers and a purple patch. A lot of the time its the fact that they're the focal point in their side and get plenty of chances to score (not sure what his success rate is) but you take that same player and put him into our team and its not likely to have the same end product with all the potential goal scorers in our side.
  5. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,104 / 22 / -0
    I have watched Mitrovic several times and there is no doubt that he has some talent and is a strong player with a good finish, and he works hard. However, it is also clear that he lacks pace. Last weekend you could see the excess weight around his middle and under his chin, If he lost half a stone perhaps his pace would improve. But, would only be of use to Spurs as a replacement for Llorente.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  6. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
  7. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,104 / 22 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. FLYank Active Member

FLYank
    Ratings:
    +192 / 4 / -0
    They made Levy cough up 42M for Sanchez (and its been money well spent so far). I can't imagine they'd let de Ligt go for less than 45. Even at 50 I'd snap him up but that would force us to have to sell Toby. Not to fund it. We spent squat in the summer. We have a kitty. There would be 4 starting CBs + Foyth competing for 2 spots (unless we go back 3). Foyth's development would end and CCV would get sold by virtue of never getting a chance to play, followed eventually by Foyth. You'd have to either sell the kids or an older player. Now if you were looking at Foyth+de Ligt as the long term replacements for Jan+Toby then that is an interesting proposition, but even with Sanchez it makes our CBs very young for the next few years.

Now de Jong? I can't see Levy paying 66M for anyone that isn't already worth 200M. That way he can tell himself that he ripped them off.
  9. pedrodelawasp Well-Known Member

pedrodelawasp
    Ratings:
    +696 / 23 / -0
    David Villa leaving NYCFC when his contract runs out on 31 December.

Would have LOVED him at Spurs... 5/6 years ago.

Could be worth a cheeky 6 month contract, a wiley veteran to help us through fixture pile-ups and share his experience and wining mentality with our younger guys... He'll probably go to Qatar and make an absolute fortune, though.
  10. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    I don’t think there’s a kitty sadly. The stadium overruns are sucking up everything.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    i think this kid will be a star. would have loved him last summer, though unsure what he would have done for a year. maybe loan back to ajax until next season?

Cumbre con Mino Raiola por De Ligt

12. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Hoffenheim star Nadiem Amiri has emerged as a summer target for north London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham, reports Sport Bild.

The 22-year-old has been nursing a foot injury, but has plenty of suitors and could be the subject of £15 million ($19m) bids.
  13. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
  14. Binda Well-Known Member

Binda
    Ratings:
    +497 / 7 / -0
  15. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,025 / 28 / -0
    This kid takes Toby/Jan place in the team (once they leave) if he comes here, which I doubt he will.

He'll be the best CB in the world in about 3/4 years if not sooner

His agent is a piece of sh1t so thats enough for me to pass on him
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  16. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    Best CB in the world! Sure why not. Based on a comment I read from someone else a week ago, Foyth will be his main competition for that title lol.
  17. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,025 / 28 / -0
    they can fight it out together in the same partnership
  18. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    Personally I think Ake makes more sense for us than De Ligt. Ake will be cheaper, is Prem proven (by that I mean proven good) and most crucially plays left CB. It's so hard to find really good CB's who are as comfortable on the left as the right.

I'm not saying De Ligt doesn't look like a phenomenal talent, but I'm not sure we have the sort of money to take risks on players that expensive who aren't tested in a top league. If it was another Sanchez size deal, I'd say go for it. But it seems like the money Ajax want for De Ligt and De Jong is, even in inflationary terms, way above anything we've seen from Eredivise in the past. For example, Suarez was easily the best player in Holland, but his price wasn't on par with the top talent from the major leagues.

If I was in charge of Man City, Utd, Real and PSG etc, I'd got for De Ligt all day long, as he looks fantastic and they can afford to take the hit if he struggles, as they all have many times before. But for us, I'd rather we played a little more safe, with someone like Ake, who seems to tick all the boxes in terms of what we need.
  19. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,361 / 60 / -0
    Fingers crossed for this one
  20. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    Hard to see him ending up anywhere but Chelsea (if RM sells him) unless he stops playing well and getting good playing time. They have more money to pay for the transfer and his wages. Our opportunity was getting the loan and we blew it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. BrooklynYid Well-Known Member

BrooklynYid
    Ratings:
    +2,142 / 35 / -0
    Dude, don't do this to yourself.
  22. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,361 / 60 / -0
    Why not? It was so much fun in the summer...
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  23. FLYank Active Member

FLYank
    Ratings:
    +192 / 4 / -0
    It probably depends on how much playing time he gets with Chelsea this season. If he is content with his loan spell I don't think we have any chance period. They can pay more and he gets to play. If he wants more playing time then that is different since they had the chance to play him and didn't. I haven't been paying much attention to their roster this season but he seems to be in or around it. As bfwolf said we had our chance and missed it. I wouldn't say no to him but I'd be shocked if we got him.
  24. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    Has he really shown enough at Chelsea to warrant our interest? I'm not saying he's been bad or anything, but given the financial commitment that would be required, has he proven to be sufficiently influential? He's been tidy with the ball, but he hasn't really passed teams to death, created much or been a great ball winner. He's not even scored yet. I'd imagine he'd want quite high wages and a long contract. He's obviously a god player, but I just wonder if he'd have a big enough impact for the money it would require to sign him.
  25. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    He's been good not great, but he has qualities we could really use: tough to dispossess, good passer, looks to get the ball upfield, puts in a shift defensively. I expect as he plays more in the PL, he'll get even better.

But it's all moot if he keeps getting minutes. He's on pace for maybe 2,500 or so for the season, surely enough to keep him happy.