WOT? No Valentine's Day thread?

Discussion in 'THFC Bar' started by BrumSpur, Feb 14, 2012.

1. BrumSpur Well-Known Member

BrumSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,742 / 3 / -0
    Well, I'm disappointed in you all, chaps!

I expected to check in here today and find a thread, full of hearts, flowers, sweetness and love.

I guess the fact that there isn't one must mean that you're all busy, treating your lovely ladies to a special, home-cooked feast, whilst pouring her a glass of pink champagne and presenting her with a gift bag, full of chocolates, perfume, jewellery, a dozen red roses and some beautiful underwear.

Am I right? Or (as I suspect) are you in the "Valentine's Day is a load of commercial crap" camp?

It IS a load of commercial crap. But, I've never yet met a woman, who'd say no to a bit of special treatment, whatever the date!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, EVERYONE!

Big kiss from me x

P.S. If any of you feel the need to shower ME with gifts, you know where I am!! :y5: :tongue:

P.P.S. Niko, if you're reading this, I'm waiting!!!
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 0 / -0
    Bah humbug :302:

My wife knows I love her...don't need one day to show it.
  3. liam Well-Known Member

liam
    Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I treat my girlfriend all the time, but won't do it on a day that is enforced upon me. Forced romance isn't at all romantic, the spontaneity of expressing you r feelings in whatever way you feel is romantic, buying a card that say's I love you on valentines day isn't. If a man wants to be romantic make a card himself on a random day nowhere near Valentines and she will love it (My missus does).

It's all about surprising your lady with romance for me, not doing it because the calender says you should...
    liam,
  4. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,663 / 12 / -1
    As I said to [MENTION=3786]Roscono3[/MENTION] earlier it's the one day a year where I can buy my wife flowers without he asking me why.

Also as I work away a lot it's sometimes nice to cheer her up. I try to send her something nice (flowers, wine, chocolates) every now and again.

I did use my imagination and send a pic of her wedding bouquet and asked them to copy it.

I know I'm a soppy hit really but she does let me go to a lot of spurs games :)
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Seajay Well-Known Member

Seajay
    Ratings:
    +1,028 / 0 / -0
    Is this a marriage or a civil partnership Fatboy? ;)
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Tott_BeBop Well-Known Member

Tott_BeBop
    Ratings:
    +421 / 0 / -0
    yup. spending valentines day watching american 101st airborne infantry killin nazi's.
  7. Stateside Nate Well-Known Member

Stateside Nate
    Ratings:
    +675 / 1 / -0
    It is a load of commercialized crap. But as long as it increases my chances of getting laid, I will continue to observe it.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,472 / 39 / -1
    I'm in the "valentines day is for men too" camp.

Fook em.
  9. Tott_BeBop Well-Known Member

Tott_BeBop
    Ratings:
    +421 / 0 / -0
    just walk around with a few roses and give them to every pretty girl you see. worked for me before.
  10. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,815 / 33 / -0
    Hey hang on I get my fav grub on this day every year and I get pissed, for that reason it's worth buying a card in the garage on the way home lol, brum check out Facebook for a pic of my din dins ha ha
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Stateside Nate Well-Known Member

Stateside Nate
    Ratings:
    +675 / 1 / -0

Excellent idea! Although my wife might not think so.
  12. BrumSpur Well-Known Member

BrumSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,742 / 3 / -0
    Facebook status checked and commented on - but you won't like it!! :tongue:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. perstrame Well-Known Member

perstrame
    Ratings:
    +567 / 0 / -0
    I spent my Valentines Day eating a kebab in a kebab place on White Hart Lane with my mate.

It's just another Tuesday to us single lot :p
    • Like Like x 2
  14. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,815 / 33 / -0
    Fooking brave woman lol, hope u have more of them niko pics you might have a change of avatar coming ha ha
    • Like Like x 1
  15. NundyYido Well-Known Member

NundyYido
    Ratings:
    +1,748 / 14 / -0
    I have had a lovely day with the girlfriend today, first valentines with her!! Was nice :) !!
  16. deejbah Well-Known Member

deejbah
    Ratings:
    +2,005 / 0 / -0
    My wife left me on Thursday, so I've been alone looking after my son for the last week. She'll be back tomorrow though...:y2:
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  17. Lilywhite74 Moderator

Lilywhite74
    Ratings:
    +4,231 / 8 / -0
  18. Modric level 25 magician Well-Known Member

Modric level 25 magician
    Ratings:
    +421 / 1 / -0
    Did something absolutely fooking stupid this weekend, so my would be valentine is a little unhappy with me today. I also had class from 8-8 today, so i couldn't really do anything to remedy the situation. I'll try tomorrow.

P.S. I didn't cheat on anybody, i'm not that scummy.
  19. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    Valentine's day=Suckers spending more money on things you could get cheaper any other day.

Tell your loved ones or your other half how much you care through the year, gifts are meant to come from the heart not a fake corporate made day.
    Javi,
  20. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,663 / 12 / -1
    That may be so [MENTION=3255]Javi[/MENTION] but as I bought my misses a card, flowers and a few other things I get "thank you" sex and a "special" reward ;)

It may be a corporate day but your misses will still appreciate it if you spoil her.

Oh she would probably be pissed if you don't get her anything. She might not show it or say anything but seeing all her friends getting spoiled and her not is a sure way to masterbationville ;)

Suck it up guys it's one day. You can still spoil them on other days as well, I'm sure she won't mind.

For those complaining about price rises, buy early not two days before, also some websites like Ann Summers (if she is into things from there) actually have a 20% off sale for 3 days before the 14th with half price express delivery.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    I know you travel amigo so that thank you sex comes in handy lol. My main point is you could spoil your other half anytime if the year and some people sadly only do so on valentines day as if it were mandatory, as much as women like gifts and expect it on that day they they LOVE surprises. Not bashing on anyone getting things on this day but you could choose to do it any other day:). Also while sex is a great hey we like other gifts as well, men or the male figure in any relationship lol should not be the only ones forking over gifts.
    Javi,
  22. DorsetSpursFan Not a xylophone

DorsetSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +9,473 / 108 / -3
    I made the ulitmate sacrifce for Valentine's day, Mrs Dorset is on half term holidays (no, I am not a peedo - she is a teacher not a pupil), so I took her to Weston-Super-Mare for fish and chips at Papa's - brilliant place, signed pictures of Jimmy Greaves, David Ginola and Glen Hoddle on the wall, £9.95 for a lunchtime special of cod and chips, coffee and a roll and butter - I'm SO classy eh?

Then, without considering my own health and sanity - I took her to the big smoke (Taunton) to buy some shoes and other women's stuff. I did not wait for her in the pub for the many, many, many hours it took to select the shoes, no, I traipsed around with her saying things like 'they look nice Mrs Dorset' to the 70% off Debenhams shoes, and 'I don't think they really suit you' to the full priced Ecco shoes.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Sraew Well-Known Member

Sraew
    Ratings:
    +597 / 0 / -0
    Cooked Chicken Carbonara - That went tits up. She beat me at a game of monopoly. I fell asleep watching My Bloody Valentine with her and when I woke up I spilt my Fosters on the floor.

Fcuk Valentines.
    • Like Like x 4