Yannick Bolasie

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by Yid_1984, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yid_1984 Well-Known Member

Yid_1984
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 88 / -0
  2. wsussexspur Active Member

wsussexspur
    Ratings:
    +256 / 5 / -0
    By the sounds of it the journalist thinks we will pay money and offer Lamela for Bolasie.... Get a grip!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Yid_1984 Well-Known Member

Yid_1984
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 88 / -0
  4. Don Diaz Well-Known Member

Don Diaz
    Ratings:
    +6,334 / 54 / -0
    We've got a whole summer of this stuff to look forward to.......
  5. Achtung Spurs Well-Known Member

Achtung Spurs
    Ratings:
    +3,103 / 32 / -0
    i wouldn't have it any other way haha, love the silly season
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,947 / 21 / -0
    So sad. I remember when i first joined this forum every day in the summer i would google "Tottenham transfers" and read every single ridiculous rumour and loved it. Now after a few years of being a fan im all disgruntled and bitter about rumours because they rarely happen lol.
  7. Don Diaz Well-Known Member

Don Diaz
    Ratings:
    +6,334 / 54 / -0
    Well back in the day we'd have a new squad of 27 players every year if all those rumours were true!!......whatever happened to that Leandro bloke and where is Moutinho now? did they turn out to be any good?
  8. Don Diaz Well-Known Member

Don Diaz
    Ratings:
    +6,334 / 54 / -0
    Just answered my own question.....Moutinho is at Monaco so helped to knock Arsenal out of the CL, good lad. But very few goals, so we did better in signing Eriksen in that regard and less money if my memory serves me right...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,947 / 21 / -0
    Yep he was suppose to fill the Modric void which can be argued we still haven't.
  10. Don Diaz Well-Known Member

Don Diaz
    Ratings:
    +6,334 / 54 / -0
    We'll get there though.........with hindsight don't know if Moutinho was the answer anyway.
  11. Havocc Well-Known Member

Havocc
    Ratings:
    +3,448 / 53 / -3
    Decent player, not good enough for us. Plus, we have a left sided player that finished the season in double figures!
  12. AJ201 Well-Known Member

AJ201
    Ratings:
    +917 / 25 / -0
    To be fair I'd have liked Moutinho here instead of Paulinho as he's a #8 rather than a #10 but then I'd have preferred to have signed my nan as I reckon she'd have got stuck in more at 99yo than Paulinho ever has so perhaps not the best comparison, no idea why we're link with Bolaise he's not a Poch type winger on the face of it especially not for £20m, I don't know if the article is actually saying we'd send Lamela as a p/e I think they're just saying he's leaving in the same article.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. BigDub Leg end !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +5,657 / 45 / -0
    Bolasie has little end product to speak of....not really interested in another attacker of this sort. Let's work on getting Lamela scoring consistently first

I would take his pace, however. If we could somehow extract that from the rest of him.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ted the Yid Well-Known Member

Ted the Yid
    Ratings:
    +820 / 12 / -0
    Maybe we should ban Metro links on this forum until they eventually get one right.
  15. SweSpurs massive bellend according to bigdub

SweSpurs
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 24 / -0
    Rarely seen him play, I've heard he is good but 20m?
  16. OHT2 Well-Known Member

OHT2
    Ratings:
    +1,026 / 14 / -0
    He's fun to watch, but very erratic. Not worth anywhere near £20 million IMO. We have better in the squad right now, bar his pace.
    OHT2,
  17. halo1427 Well-Known Member

halo1427
    Ratings:
    +212 / 3 / -0
    Definitely would bring some pace/strength to the wing. Chadli though is just fine, but he'd be great if for a whole lot less plus Townsend. Wouldn't mind him as the backup to Lamela/Chadli with starts sprinkled in.
  18. Achtung Spurs Well-Known Member

Achtung Spurs
    Ratings:
    +3,103 / 32 / -0
    When I was younger I'd read a newspaper headline stating we were about to sign some player, next day at school I'd be telling my mates about our latest signing.... then the player would never actually come. Rinse and repeat until I realized you never believe the tabloids.
  19. RaleighSpur Well-Known Member

RaleighSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 37 / -0
    pace, tricks, no end product. i think we're full up in that department.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. delboy57 Well-Known Member

delboy57
    Ratings:
    +437 / 10 / -0
    Seen him play several times at Selhurst Park as a guest, my hosts suggested, and I agree, very quick but similar to Townsend, very poor end product, not worth anywhere near the money being asked.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +11,818 / 53 / -1
    Raw......... probably too raw.
  22. AJ201 Well-Known Member

AJ201
    Ratings:
    +917 / 25 / -0
    Been eating onions again?
  23. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +11,818 / 53 / -1
    Lol, chorizo does it too.
  24. Batman i love catnip

Batman
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 54 / -0
    I think the best LW who is currently in the EPL we could reasonably/cheaply buy would be Sadio Mane. Kid was very impressive.

Plus with Rodriguez coming back off injury for S'ton and him signing a new contract, Mane might not be a high priority for them in the pecking order.

Either way, as I've said a minute ago in another thread (I know you all follow my words very carefully), as long as we dont sell Chadli & Townsend, I think we're sured up on the left for next season. Our #1 issue is RW and then depth at all positions.

Reasonably I'd say our left side is our deepest position in terms of quality with Rose/Davies and Chadli/Townsend all doing very solid jobs this year. I mean, between those four players we had 23 goals alone (Chadli 13, Andros 6, Rose 4) and they're 25, 24, 23, and 22. Young, fast, and capable. Plus Eriksen can play left

our right side? Lennon, Lamela, Yedlin and Walker. While I think our RB situation is solid enough, we are likely losing Lennon and possibly selling a disappointing Lamela this summer. So we DESPERATELY need some RW players.

Lavezzi, Mirallas, etc are all seemingly available and would definitely do the job. Plus the depth issue. While we have lots of young, promising players we dont have anyone PROVEN or guaranteed as solid. Alli, Pritchard, etc look like they are going to do a job but you never know. Mason and Bentaleb, Kane too, can POSSIBLY (i doubt it) all be one season hits too. Paulinho, Capoue, Stambouli & Dembele are all probably for sale. Carroll can earn a spot, but who knows? So we have potentially only 2 players that Poch clearly trusts at CM. CB situation is solid, but we are likely selling or chopping Chiriches & Kaboul so we need 1/2 more there.
    We desperately need some depth of quality and honestly we could use some veterans.
  25. AJ201 Well-Known Member

AJ201
    Ratings:
    +917 / 25 / -0
    How many times has Pochettino actually played Townsend on the left though? Twice maybe from my poor recollection whereas he's played 20 or so times on the right this season so our manager obviously thinks he's a RW rather than a left, I personally don't think Eriksen works as well on the left or to be more precise the team doesn't work as well when he's out there with the exception of when Dembele plays as the 10 as he almost always dribbles to the left and I'm not sure he'll be here next season.
  26. BigDub Leg end !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +5,657 / 45 / -0
    But what about Bolasie.....?
  27. delboy57 Well-Known Member

delboy57
    Ratings:
    +437 / 10 / -0
    Who? Seriously not good enough, sorry.
  28. Lucian Active Member

Lucian
    Ratings:
    +339 / 8 / -0
    We wouldn't get Mane cheaply. They paid 12M for him and he had a good season. Can't see him leaving for less than 20-25 M.
  29. BigDub Leg end !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +5,657 / 45 / -0
    Yes I agree. As my post above states. But this is his thread after all. Just want to keep it on topic.
  30. boo Well-Known Member

boo
    Ratings:
    +7,475 / 47 / -0
    Tottenham close to signing Crystal Palace winger. | BackPageHeadlines

It has been reported that Tottenham are close to signing Crystal Palace winger Yannick Bolasie.

Liverpool are also wanting to sign the winger but it seems that Tottenham are ahead of them to get Bolasie’s signature.

According to the Daily Star Sunday Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino believes that Bolasie would be a great addition to the squad next season.

Liverpool are not happy about the asking price for the winger that stands at £30 Million but it seems like Tottenham are willing to pay that price.
    boo,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.