Yannick Bolasie

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by Yid_1984, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yid_1984 Well-Known Member

Yid_1984
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 88 / -0
  2. ghostyhed Active Member

ghostyhed
    Ratings:
    +571 / 8 / -0
    We must have alot of faith in Bolasie if we are forking out 30 Million. Is he really worth that price?
  3. Yid_1984 Well-Known Member

Yid_1984
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 88 / -0
    Palace winger Yannick Bolasie has been nominated for the Confederation of African Football's Player of the Year award, along with 36 other players.
    The prestigious award is handed to the best African player of that year, with Manchester City star Yaya Toure having taken the prize for four consecutive years.
    Bolasie has impressed over the past year for the democratic Republic of Congo, helping them to reach the semi finals of the most recent Africa Cup of Nations, where they fell to Toure's Ivory Coast - the eventual winners.
    DR Congo finished the tournament in third place, their highest finish since 1998, when they also came third. Bolasie played a major part in their progress through the tournament and has been one of the African nation's real stars over the past 12 months, and is thoroughly deserving of his nomination for the award.
  4. delboy57 Well-Known Member

delboy57
    Ratings:
    +437 / 10 / -0
    No end product!
  5. Havocc Well-Known Member

Havocc
    Ratings:
    +3,448 / 53 / -3
    No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,

Terrible player, has done nothing at Palace this season......

So many other players available that offer more, hell, even Townsend offers more
  6. White Hart Dutch Well-Known Member

White Hart Dutch
    Ratings:
    +5,837 / 119 / -1
    The media seems to link us with this guy on a daily basis, but is there actually any Spurs fan out there who even wants us to buy him, especially for those ridiculous transfer fees getting quoted?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BigDub Leg end !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +5,657 / 45 / -0
    That price is absolutely ridiculous for a player with no end product and who really hasn't done all that much of note so far this season. Not who we need.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ghostyhed Active Member

ghostyhed
    Ratings:
    +571 / 8 / -0
    I went through the stats:
    Average 90 minutes this season:

2 Attempted Tackles
    0.1 Interception

2 Shots per game
    5.3 Dribbles - 2.3 Unsuccesful
    0.7 Key Passes
    0 Assist so far
    1 Goal to his name.

His defensive play alone tells him he is not coming to spurs.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Quatro Briefs Well-Known Member

Quatro Briefs
    Ratings:
    +321 / 1 / -0
    No thanks!~
  10. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    He's definitely way better than has been made out in this thread. I don't watch Palace that much, but when I do I always think of the comments in this thread and to be honest it makes me wonder if people are commenting on him without actually watching him! I think some are looking at assits stats and assuming he isn't creating much, but he is heavily involved in so many goals.
  11. koppel Well-Known Member

koppel
    Ratings:
    +6,161 / 46 / -0
    He's bang on one week and then hopeless the next. Definitely a tough player to shut down when on form, but I can't see him working well for us. I see him as a classic small club player. He struggles heavily when teams sit deep against Palace.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. BigDub Leg end !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +5,657 / 45 / -0
    Yep. He's just incredibly inconsistent, which is really the last thing we need. I also don't see him being as effective in our pressing system as say Son or Lamela. Just doesn't seem as willing to exert the effort without the ball. He loves to run at players and can be dangerous when doing it, but im not sure that's the type of player Poch is looking for.

As @koppel says, very dangerous when on form....but his form is certainly inconsistent and he's never seemed a natural finisher to me.
  13. delboy57 Well-Known Member

delboy57
    Ratings:
    +437 / 10 / -0
    Totally agree
  14. RaleighSpur Well-Known Member

RaleighSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 37 / -0
    • Winner Winner x 3
  15. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    But you're just ignoring the part in between, where I say " but when I do." What I've seen is in total contrast to many of the comments in this thread.
  16. RaleighSpur Well-Known Member

RaleighSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 37 / -0
    and in many cases when i've watched him the comments in this thread are spot on. that's my point.
  17. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    But which games are these? Recently he's played in high profile games and stood out. He was great against Newcastle. A couple of weeks ago he was on TV against Liverpool and was again a nightmare for them and scored. Against Utd they were even saying on Redcafe how they are struggling to contain him. Earlier in the season I saw him create a goal against Arsenal, when someone in this thread said he did nothing and then I saw him cause havoc against Chelsea, which I commented on at the time. Are people not seeing these high profile games yet are tuning into see Palace vs Sunderland or Leicester? I don't know how he played in those games, as they don't exactly jump out as "must see" Premier League viewing. Earlier in the thread someone even commented how he's "always" been inconsistent. Yet I'm left scratching my head as I find it hard enough to believe people are watching a sufficient amount of Palace games to comment on his consistency, let alone when he was playing at Bristol and and Plymouth. Surely you can see why I do "wonder."
  18. Achtung Spurs Well-Known Member

Achtung Spurs
    Ratings:
    +3,103 / 32 / -0
    I don't want him, he's talked about like he's this new up and coming prospect, but he'd be one of our oldest players if he joined.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ghostyhed Active Member

ghostyhed
    Ratings:
    +571 / 8 / -0
    no one doing any odds on this?
  20. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    Is anyone watching Everton v Palace. It;s 12 mins in and already Bolasie has played 4 good crosses. The more I see of him the more I'm beginning to think he's the real deal.
  21. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    Ok he's just played the most brilliant cross Wickham who forced the save. How can people watch this guy and think he's got no end product?
  22. mattyvw Well-Known Member

mattyvw
    Ratings:
    +706 / 4 / -0
    Think he's a talent weather he could be consistent enough is the question. So hard to tell if the right manager got in his head maybe. Think Pardews a good manager not sure he gets that little bit more from his players though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. Airfixx Well-Known Member

Airfixx
    Ratings:
    +1,769 / 30 / -0
    The criticism is based on his inconsistency from game to game.... It's not a case of "I've never seen him finish/dribble/cross well".

Also there's the understandable concern that he's not gonna bode so well against teams that sit back (like 2/3's or more do against us).
  24. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    But did you see him create the chances I pointed out in the first 15 mins? He had no space. The chance he created for Wickham was by skipping past the fullback on the left. Just before that he whipped in a great cross from a standing start from the right.

My point isn't that people don't think he has some talent, but they are basing the inconsistency accusations on very little. Again I'm not saying we should sign him, as there are other players I think we should target in that area, but which of our players are more consistent? If you go through Palaces' goals this season, wouldn't he have a key involvement in more than any of our players have in our goals. What is the basis for the claims of inconsistency? I can more than accept claims of him being a bit lazy and drifting out of games. But claiming he's inconsistent seems very odd given the sheer amount of Palace goals he's involved in. He consistently causes problems.
  25. Don Diaz Well-Known Member

Don Diaz
    Ratings:
    +6,334 / 54 / -0
    I've been watching the second half.....classic Everton trying to breakdown counter attacking Palace who have pace in Bolasie and a great player in Cabaye....fascinating game for the tactical analysts amongst us, enjoyable for us normal plebs.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Airfixx Well-Known Member

Airfixx
    Ratings:
    +1,769 / 30 / -0
    No, not watching tonight's match....

Admittedly my opinion is largely formed upon last season, but of the 3/4 times I've seen Palace this year the only time he's played well is when the whole team's been running amok.

If he continues to out-produce our attacking players I guess I'll review my opinion sooner or later.
  27. Marsh Well-Known Member

Marsh
    Ratings:
    +1,577 / 16 / -0
    That would be me.
    It's an opinion that comes from watching Palace play 10-15 games a season for the duration of his spell there (yes, shocking as it may seem there are people who watch more football than you do), something like four matches from his time at Bristol (although admittedly I don't remember these too well) and from discussions with players and coaches from Palace and Plymouth.

Yet another example of you assuming that posters on here are idiots, simply because they don't share your (uneducated - by your own admission) opinions.
  28. Dave Well-Known Member

Dave
    Ratings:
    +4,316 / 78 / -0
    Potentially a top player but he can also dissappear too often. We would obviously have to consider whether he has the ability to improve and be more consistent. Would he improve with better players around him? Could he operate in our system?

He looks a very good player but is he worth the risk when we aren't really desperate to sign him?

He scores and creates. It's also difficult to suss out. When you have Cabaye pinging balls to him, Palace are a real threat.
    Dave,
  29. Don Diaz Well-Known Member

Don Diaz
    Ratings:
    +6,334 / 54 / -0
    Whats the benefit of Bolasie over N'Jie, Chadli, Son and (Townsend?) if we wanted him we would have bid last Summer, but there probably aren't enough positives for the potential price tag?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    As I said previously, I think there are other players we should target. But the benefit of a player like Bolasie, is his ability to go past people in the final third and make something happen. We need a player who can open teams up. I think the ideal solution is someone like Mahrez or Mane etc. Nathan Redmond is another similar type of player and closer to Bolasie talent wise than the other 2. They are comparable to Townsend, only they have much better final ball.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.