Youth Transfers - In and Out

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by BrakeYawSelf, Jul 30, 2018.

1. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +1,401 / 235 / -0
    So, with all the inactivity so far in the transfer window as far as the top squad goes, there has been quite a bit of activity regarding youth players.

For starters, it seems we are losing some of our "bigger" youth prospects. This includes Reo Griffiths, Bennetts, Madueke and perhaps Edwards.

I still am not certain why we are losing players like Griffiths or Madueke, Edwards seems more understandable given the drama that seems to surround him.

The reason why Reo Griffiths and Keanan Bennetts left Spurs and why Marcus Edwards wants to go - football.london

On the bright side, we have signed Troy Parrot who looks like a good one for the future. I thought we were supposed to sign a couple of others as well, but don't see anything official. There was a Norwegian GK i thought we were trying out and then I think a midfielder from somewhere else.

We have also retained a good deal of our top youth players as well. Sterling, Shashoua, Tracy, TOB and others.

So, what is really going on with players like Griffiths and Bennetts?

And is it anything to worry about? Parrott seems like he may be an upgrade long term on the likes of Griffiths and Bennetts at least. Not sure about the other youngsters we were looking at though.
  2. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +1,401 / 235 / -0
  3. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,019 / 28 / -0
    Troy Parrott will be a future first team player

I remember thfcire told me about him when he signed that he was going to be a special player and so far he’s excelled and has done well against older competition

Part of the reason why these players are leaving is that 1. There isn’t a clear path into the first team for them (partly down to them not being good enough) 2. Poor attitudes and not being told the right things by people around is telling them they’re better than what they are and 3. Poch not exactly giving some of these guys chances in cup games for a 20/30 minute run out (which again might be their own faults).

I don’t think we’ll miss any of these players leaving and right now with how good a club we are it’s going to be very difficult for the academy players to break through. Best chance they can get is to pull up trees out on loan or really impress in the cup games
  4. Ginola14 Well-Known Member

Ginola14
    Ratings:
    +599 / 4 / -0
    If you follow WindyCOYS on twitter he is pretty disappointing with how we have lost so many talented youth players. He knows a thing or two about the youth sides so worth listening too (I imagine many of you follow him).
  5. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,429 / 50 / -0
    And the reasons are?
  6. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,019 / 28 / -0
    Lack of opportunities is the biggest one

Wages is another as two players got offered better deals
  7. WiscoSpursFan Active Member

WiscoSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +248 / 2 / -0
    I truly don’t understand how we’ve been so poor as far as taking on players like N’Koudou, Sissoko, and Lorrente. How we had failed to give a player like Keenan Bennett’s an opportunity instead of N’Koudou on an occasion is beyond me. How we couldn’t have given Onomah a chance at his best position instead of sissoko?

I’m saying this as a person who pretty much feels Pochettino can do no wrong too...just so bothersome.

Hopefully we don’t end up losing players like Troy Parrott too.
    • Agree Agree x 1